Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see us making a splash in free agency this year.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

What free agency?

Not 100% convinced by Ray Edwards, I'm just not sure he's a big upgrade on Biermann and not worth more than 5 mill, which I expect he'll get. I think he's benefited hugely from being on a line with three players who merit double-teams ahead of him.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like DeAngelo Williams, I could see him pricing himself out of our range. I think it's pretty likely Reggie Bush gets cut. I know he's not that good, but I'd really love to add him. Just let Matt throw to him instead of Snelling, and we should see some more big plays. Plus he can get the ball on the shot gun draw we seem rather fond of.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love reggie bush.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-23-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I would love reggie bush.
Gag me with a friggin spoon.

Only if he takes 25% of what he's making now. He's only worth a couple mill at the absolute ceiling, but someone will overpay for an oftinjured gimmick of a runningback.

I'm just thankful it will not be the Falcons that overpay.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Gag me with a friggin spoon.

Only if he takes 25% of what he's making now. He's only worth a couple mill at the absolute ceiling, but someone will overpay for an oftinjured gimmick of a runningback.

I'm just thankful it will not be the Falcons that overpay.
if we can get him for a decent price then i'd be more then down for it.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question is, what's he going to get? Is there going to be a team willing to overpay? Probably. But he's a perfect fit for us.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think Reggie Bush will get more than he should, will probably get injured again. Not much different than Norwood.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-23-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Reggie Bush would need to take a huge pay cut. At this stage the most likely option is Jerious V 5th Round pick (scat back) for the number 3 running back position, if Jerious looses/gets hurt, we cut him

----------

What do we think about Mathias Kiwianuka (sp) as an option for us?

We have shown no hesitation in the past on taking guys with injuries, the guy had 4 sacks in 3 games last year and with the possibility of a lockout its pretty likely he is fully recovered before the falcons have to play next. He is stuck in a traffic jam, depth wise as the G men and will likely come cheaper than Edwards. He is also of better character in my view (ie not just chasing money), he is a guy i think we would like. Also 6"5 275lbs

Abe
Kiwi
Bierman
Sidbury

Would be the ends you essentially be entering 2011 with.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think we go after Kiwi. We are looking for explosion, so most likely a speedy undersized DE like Justin Houston or on offense a guy like Titus Young.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-24-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Reggie Bush would need to take a huge pay cut. At this stage the most likely option is Jerious V 5th Round pick (scat back) for the number 3 running back position, if Jerious looses/gets hurt, we cut him

----------

What do we think about Mathias Kiwianuka (sp) as an option for us?

We have shown no hesitation in the past on taking guys with injuries, the guy had 4 sacks in 3 games last year and with the possibility of a lockout its pretty likely he is fully recovered before the falcons have to play next. He is stuck in a traffic jam, depth wise as the G men and will likely come cheaper than Edwards. He is also of better character in my view (ie not just chasing money), he is a guy i think we would like. Also 6"5 275lbs

Abe
Kiwi
Bierman
Sidbury

Would be the ends you essentially be entering 2011 with.
I've been pumping him for a while. I've always thought he deserved a shot. Great fit at LDE, and should get a lot less than Johnson and Edwards.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be really surprised if the saints let bush go. Also I think dwill will be too expensive.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Brian Williams/Finneran are both out, team is getting a little younger on the speed positions. We do need a CB now, either sign or draft.

Anyone want aj hawk? Our LBers were terrible last year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brian Williams/Finneran are both out, team is getting a little younger on the speed positions. We do need a CB now, either sign or draft.

Anyone want aj hawk? Our LBers were terrible last year.
isnt AJ a ILB?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
isnt AJ a ILB?

He'd be able to play OLB in a 4-3. I'm interested, but he'd be way too expensive.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

AJ would probably be a better fit for us than he was at GB. There was not one LBer that had a good year for us.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-02-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AJ would probably be a better fit for us than he was at GB. There was not one LBer that had a good year for us.
he will want way too much
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

I highly doubt the Falcon's make many moves in free agency. Don't get your hopes up I'm not.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
I highly doubt the Falcon's make many moves in free agency. Don't get your hopes up I'm not.
I don't see why we wouldn't. It's not like Arthur is afraid to spend, and we have plenty of room. I'd be very, very surprised if we didn't at least add a good player. Sidney Rice and the like might be unrealistic, but I don't see why a Kiwi or Steve Breaston would be that crazy.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see anything happening in free agency until the CBA is resolved. Also I'd be very shocked if green bay didn't resign hawk.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons have to do something in free agency, even if it means just re-signing all their free agents. Maybe they won't make any 'big splash' moves, but I don't think they can possibly just not sign anyone.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Falcons have to do something in free agency, even if it means just re-signing all their free agents. Maybe they won't make any 'big splash' moves, but I don't think they can possibly just not sign anyone.
I agree they'll resign their own guys what I meant was I don't see them going after someone else.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
I agree they'll resign their own guys what I meant was I don't see them going after someone else.
I'm not sure teams ever refuse to sign a single free agent from another team. When was the last time the Falcons didn't sign a single free agent?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
I don't see anything happening in free agency until the CBA is resolved. Also I'd be very shocked if green bay didn't resign hawk.

There isn't really FA until the CBA is resolved regardless. Only guys that have been cut are finding new homes.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

IDK how you can just say we aren't signing anyone in free agency. You're telling us not to get our hopes up. Where are you getting this from?

You think the FO won't look into anyone at all?

I'd say after going 13-3, they probably won't spend any big bucks out there, but they're going to exercise every opportunity to improve the team. So far all TD has shown us is that he's going to make the moves. Nothing would shock me.

Quote:
we all hate you