Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I don't even know about winning that one series....I doubt you're going to crack the top 4 teams which means your first round will be against one of the Celtics, Magic, Heat or Bulls....all teams that I think you'd lose a series to. Win a game or two? Yeah....but lose the series.
Out of those teams you mentioned I think the Knicks could only beat the Magic in a series. Outside of Dwight Orlando is pure garbage in my opinion.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Out of those teams you mentioned I think the Knicks could only beat the Magic in a series. Outside of Dwight Orlando is pure garbage in my opinion.
Dwight has been on a mission though, and would hand it to the knicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pure garbage is pretty damn harsh. The team is actually starting to gel as a unit. Jameer killed the Knicks, too. I woulnt forget that. J Rich is one of the better, non super star guards in the league. And if Hedo gets his **** together, he can be extremely dangerous in the playoffs. By the time the playoffs role around, Orlando will probably be a much stronger team than they have appeared to be this season. I've liked the direction they've turned as of late. And with Dwight playing the way he is, Orlando really shouldnt be taken too lightly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Pure garbage is pretty damn harsh. The team is actually starting to gel as a unit. Jameer killed the Knicks, too. I woulnt forget that. J Rich is one of the better, non super star guards in the league. And if Hedo gets his **** together, he can be extremely dangerous in the playoffs. By the time the playoffs role around, Orlando will probably be a much stronger team than they have appeared to be this season. I've liked the direction they've turned as of late. And with Dwight playing the way he is, Orlando really shouldnt be taken too lightly.
No one on the team is averaging over 14ppg other then Dwight. Thats pretty sad in my eyes. He leads the teams in steals for crying out loud!

Jameer is just a average guard in this league. Hedo is done, hes not what he was with Orlando a few years ago. I do really like Earl Clark and JJ though. J. Rich is a good player though, i'll give them that much.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
I heard Bibby's on the block too. Imagine how great he would be on Miami. That would be unreal. Just magical.
hahah saw this on page #2. Jus thought it was funny.

Sig by BK

Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one on the team is averaging over 14ppg other then Dwight. Thats pretty sad in my eyes. He leads the teams in steals for crying out loud!

Jameer is just a average guard in this league. Hedo is done, hes not what he was with Orlando a few years ago. I do really like Earl Clark and JJ though. J. Rich is a good player though, i'll give them that much.
The shooting percentages arent bad, they just happen to be a pretty non-selfish team these days. So just because we dont have a second 20 point guy, doesnt mean they dont have scorers. Nelson, Richardson, and Turkoglu are all capable of going off for 20 on any given night. And all three are great playoff contributors who are known for stepping up.

And lets not forget that Orlando still boasts the leagues 5th best defense. It's taking a while longer than expected, but they're beginning to come together. They've just begun what will be a real tough stretch, should be a good gauge of where they're at right now.

I'll certainly admit that they're inconsistent...but they're deep, and playing better lately, and they should only get better barring injury. And again, Dwight has never been as good as he is right now. He's unguardable...in the playoffs, he's going to be a major problem for opposing teams.

edit...And as for Hedo being done...he's not done. His shooting percentages are actually at, or above his career averages, and he's averaging a career high in assists on Orlando. He's just choosing to shoot less. He's playing well...sure, I wish he would be a little more assertive and shoot more, but the guy is still playing good basketball.

Orlando is far from perfect, but still very formidable and still a threat to go very deep in the playoffs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-03-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The shooting percentages arent bad, they just happen to be a pretty non-selfish team these days. So just because we dont have a second 20 point guy, doesnt mean they dont have scorers. Nelson, Richardson, and Turkoglu are all capable of going off for 20 on any given night. And all three are great playoff contributors who are known for stepping up.

And lets not forget that Orlando still boasts the leagues 5th best defense. It's taking a while longer than expected, but they're beginning to come together. They've just begun what will be a real tough stretch, should be a good gauge of where they're at right now.

I'll certainly admit that they're inconsistent...but they're deep, and playing better lately, and they should only get better barring injury. And again, Dwight has never been as good as he is right now. He's unguardable...in the playoffs, he's going to be a major problem for opposing teams.

edit...And as for Hedo being done...he's not done. His shooting percentages are actually at, or above his career averages, and he's averaging a career high in assists on Orlando. He's just choosing to shoot less. He's playing well...sure, I wish he would be a little more assertive and shoot more, but the guy is still playing good basketball.
I will give you that they are very unselfish. 7 people scoring double digits is nice, but I just cant see them doing anything in the playoffs without a legit 2nd scorer. J.Rich I think can be that guy but a team like the Knicks, Boston, Miami, Thunder and even the Hawks can shut him down.

Dwight can easily take over a series because Amare can cover him, Shaq cant because hes never healthy, Bosh/Dampier cant and Horford cant either. Perkins is the only guy who can give Dwight problems.

Sig by BK

Old 03-03-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Orlando is far from perfect, but still very formidable and still a threat to go very deep in the playoffs.
I agree with this. They key to everything is Hedo. If he starts balling out like he did the year they went to the Finals, they become an incredibly uncoventional and difficult matchup for teams. He's really the only guy they have who can create or shoot off the dribble and if he, Howard, and J-Rich get hot at the right time they can be downright unstoppable. Problem is that while Hedo and J-Rich can both be dynamite, they're both very, very streaky.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the key to Orlando, just as with the key to Miami is shutting down the role players and letting the superstars get their points. That means single coverage on defense. We did it to Dwight earlier this year and his teammates struggled. We also did that with Miami in the 2nd game and the role players struggled.

Oh and Dwight had better get a steady dose of the ball tonight.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give Dwight the ******* ball this is ridiculous.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dwight is all they really need. Few teams have a legit answer for him, and Knicks have even less of an answer than most.

I think the Celts and Bulls would choke them out...

Miami might actually not be a terrible matchup for them. I'm not sure if I trust Bosh and their role players in a playoff series just yet.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Dammit Turk, shoot the god damn three!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-03-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really hoping JJ would shove LeBron to the ground there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not much you can do when both Wade and LeBron are shooting like this. The best defense against them is to single cover though and keep them outside. I'll live and die with them hitting jumpers in the half court.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Ryan Anderson in beast mode right now.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh and this one's for BBD;

We don't have anyone who can cover Amar'e? Noah held him to 5 of 21 shooting in the first meeting and was injured for the 2nd meeting where he went 10 of 18. Noah is a very active defender who moves his feet well. He matches up well with Amar'e. Kurt Thomas? Not so much.

It should also be noted that we match up better defensively with you as well now that Melo is there. It's the same situation with Orlando when they traded Lewis. He, along with Gallo/Chandler always created match up problems for Boozer on defense because they were stretch 4's who lived on the perimeter. Now Boozer gets to cover Turiaf who is anything but an offensive force and Deng will be on Melo. Deng is a damn good defender and gives Melo problems because he's physical, long and active.

I'm not saying we're going to hold you down offensively. You're too damn explosive to do that, but I also don't see you going off on us like the first two games (unless Douglas decides to go nuts from the perimeter again).

The one thing that worries me about you guys though is the pace at which you play. We tend to struggle at getting back in transition defense (although that was with Kurt Thomas at the 5 for a while). I think you guys need to get out and run as much as possible against us. Miami butt raped us in the first quarter because they used their transition game. I highly recommend though that you avoid playing a half court game against us because I believe we match up better than you think.

Amar'e, Chauncey and Melo are very good offensive players. Noah, Deng and Rose are very good defensive players (well at least Noah and Deng are). The NBA is all about match ups and I'm thankful you traded away two guys who killed us this year, especially Gallo.

We will have a decisive rebounding advantage against you as well since Boozer will be allowed to stay around the rim guarding Turiaf.

The old Knicks scared me more than the new Knicks to be honest and it's mainly because you really don't have anyone who can exploit Boozer on defense right now.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

wow.. im sitting in taco mac watching miami kill orlando by like 20 points and i drive home (which takes like 20 minutes) and miamis only up by 3.

i underestimated orlando..

Sig by BK

Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

typical heat get a 20+ point lead watch it completely slip away tied now haha
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

wtf now orlando is up 5!!
wow

Sig by BK

Old 03-03-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is so not winning the title, I don't care how care how early it is in the season.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight Howard just bitched Mario

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Why the **** is Arenas in right now?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
DUDE IS DONE

Sig by BK

Old 03-03-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Who are you to doubt Agent Zero?

RIP TheManInBlack