Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone is still up for some Crysis 2 stuff tonight send me an invite!

Edit:Nevermind got kicked off haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-05-2011 at 09:39 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
If anyone is still up for some Crysis 2 stuff tonight send me an invite!

Edit:Nevermind got kicked off haha.
Lame! What's your gamer tag by the way?
Old 03-06-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

daylightd1es. I'm on right now if anyone wants to play.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-06-2011, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After playing it a bunch, I really dont care for it. I'm not surprised since most EA games that arent sports games are generally pretty medicore. The game in general is just so odd, idk why the aiming system (regardless of the helpful aiming tip) is so messed up. I mean times where a guy is right in front of me I have way too much trouble hitting him. Meleeing someone is pretty useless as well, because more often than not they just kill you after the first hit. The levels and graphics are cool, and alot of the ideas are really cool, it just didn't come together very well to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not alone...I've heard more negative reviews than good ever since it first came out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:28 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised if the multiplayer is sub par for Crysis 2. I really enjoyed the first, but they have always been a PC first company. Even Crysis multiplayer was average. I didn't see their multiplayer being a success, especially on consoles. The Singleplayer, however, should be pretty damn good.

The demo is only multiplayer right? I haven't played it yet.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Wow. Tough crowd.

For me, it's the most interesting multiplayer shooter I've played recently. The constant need to manage and use the Nanosuit appropriately and approach each situation the right way gives it a lot more depth than the standard dumb run and gun approach to shooters. You actually need to use your head instead of pointing and pressing LT down(nothing wrong with that in doses though).

I loved everything about the first Crysis, so maybe I'm skewed a bit, but I enjoy it. I don't completely buy into the negativity either. There's a some big PC/console stuff the game got caught straight in the middle of and that's where a good portion of it comes from. For what it's worth, the press is pretty positive on it.

Don't agree with the "all EA games suck besides the sports games" thing either. I actually think it's the opposite. EA Sports has been selling us the same product for years and years while the rest of it is actually doing some interesting stuff(Bioware, Deadspace, ect).

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-06-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. Tough crowd.

For me, it's the most interesting multiplayer shooter I've played recently.
Crysis 2 doesn't always drink beer, but when it does, it prefers to drink Dos Equis.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, they had cool ideas in it, the nano suit is cool, but that doesnt excuse the sloppiness in every other category where any standard FPS would have had it down. I can only speak for the demo, but it isn't very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Lag is a legitimate problem right now if you end up with a bad host, but it's just a demo. EA as a whole has an awful problem of not paying to testing games thoroughly before they come out and this may be part of it. Bad Company 2 had similar problems at launch with connection issues that took a few weeks to fix, but eventually everything got taken care of. Frustrating, but that's the state of the game industry right now. Technical issues seem to be something you take care of after launch rather than ironing them out internally. I'm still mad at EA about Dragon Age Awakenings and the first few weeks with NCAA 11 basically being a public beta test.

As far as aiming at people in front of you, part of that has to do with people having more health than you expect initially. Really, really important to stay on your shot and move with the people strafing with the right stick, even if that means coming out of ADS briefly. It's a bit disorientating at first since the game handles a bit like Call of Duty, but really has more in common with Halo in terms of pace of engagements and survivability. Only way to really get a kill off without giving the person you're shooting time to react is to get a clean shot at the head or above the chest. Singleshot on the Assault Rifles helps quite a bit for that from distance and is a good part of the puzzle to use situationally, but obviously isn't wise in close quarters.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Dragon Age II reviews up yet? Although I loved the first more than most, I'm hesitant to buy the 2nd one due to the change everyone has been speaking of. Also, have been reading into The Witcher 2, sounds bad ass.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Any Dragon Age II reviews up yet? Although I loved the first more than most, I'm hesitant to buy the 2nd one due to the change everyone has been speaking of. Also, have been reading into The Witcher 2, sounds bad ass.
Xbox Magazine gave it a 90/100...they said it's a slightly altered beast from the first, but better in damn near every way.

PC Gamer UK said it has the best RPG combat ever, apparently. 94/100 was their score.

I didnt love the demo, but I'm still really excited to pick it up tomorrow.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-07-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to wait a week for DA2 because I reserved it at school and at home for spring break. >_<

Oh well MLB 2k11 will have to do for the week.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm picking it up tomorrow before work.

I finally broke down and bought a 360 hard drive on sale at Wal Mart Saturday and played DA Awakening in anticipation. It was really short but I really liked it. Gave me this idea of how much I'd love to play an RPG/RTS crossover kind of game. Where like, you have your character and can recruit other characters all the while you build up and defend you home city and go out looking for resources and allying with neighbors and ****.

Aside the point though....looking forward to DA2. I have to work tomorrow and Wednesday but I have Thursday and Friday off this week.....probably going to play like 20 hours then, lol
Old 03-08-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Gonna go pick up Dragon Age 2 in a few hours now. YAY.

edit...has an 89 on metacritic after 7 reviews. Best score 100 ; worst score 83.

Quote:
The Escapist

Mar 7, 2011

The advancements in RPG mechanics would be enough to set it apart, but the real achievement of Dragon Age II is in the story-telling. I could point out the improved combat and graphics till there's blood covering my face, but BioWare is one of the few companies that uses the advanced computing power available to modern game designers to let you actually play a role.
Quote:
3DJuegos
Mar 8, 2011

It may be difficult for hardcore gamers to ignore the revamped combat system, but once you calm down and excuse some minor flaws, you'll find an amazing game in Dragon Age II.
Quote:
Eurogamer Italy
Mar 8, 2011

Quotation forthcoming.
Quote:
SpazioGames
Mar 8, 2011

Despite the change in pace, graphics and tactics, Dragon Age II is once again one of the greatest RPGs of our time, thanks to an interesting storyline, fascinating characters and a fun, over the top dark fantasy combat system.
Quote:
Games Master UK
Mar 7, 2011

BioWare have comprehensively hit back at detractors of the original game and Dragon Age II delivers a distinctive fantasy RPG with far broader appeal and personality than before. Mega-nerds may feel slighted that they can't dig into the mechanics quite so easily but few would argue that this slicker, more streamlined approach isn't a vast improvement. [Apr 2011, p.73]
Quote:
Official Xbox Magazine
Mar 2, 2011

Next to its predecessor, Dragon Age II may be a slightly altered beast, but the minute Isabela slyly chirps "I like big boats, I cannot lie" to a Desire Demon in the murky Fade, you'll realize this game offers some of the deepest, nerdiest, most worthwhile 40 to 60 hours you'll ever love losing sleep over. [April 2011, p.70]
Quote:
Game Informer
Mar 7, 2011

Part of me was disappointed with Dragon Age II. I hoped for an improvement on the original, but it ultimately feels like a step back. [Apr 2011, p.85]

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-08-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, now I have to pick it up. Still have Arkham City, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3 to look forward to.... going tio be a solid gaming season.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's downloading right now. <3 Steam
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

grrrrrr. I'm probably leaving at like 10 ET to pick it up.

I'm also going to reserve L.A. Noire and ME3.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just picked it up...gonna start playing now. Gonna be a Warrior.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda glad I wasn't expecting to get it today cause I have a flat tire and can't go anywhere. :((((((

Can't get MLB now either though! Good thing I have Batman and Fable 3 and RDR to play still lol.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Best Buy sold my Dragon Age 2 Special Edition pre-order. I'm so, so, so ******* mad right now.

Anyone have any idea as to what I can do? I walked away without the game because I really want the other version.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-08-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well that blows. I told you guys the other day that the one Gamestop closed in my mall, so they transferred all the reservations over. Apparently, they screwed that transfer over and everyone who pre-ordered the game at the other store is **** out of luck now. Luckily I didnt get mine there.

Oh and I also pre-ordered ME3 and L.A. Noire. Yay.

And........Deus Ex is officially set to release now in August now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-08-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Let me know how it is M.O.T.H.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Best Buy sold my Dragon Age 2 Special Edition pre-order. I'm so, so, so ******* mad right now.

Anyone have any idea as to what I can do? I walked away without the game because I really want the other version.
Did you pay anything on the pre-order? I paid mine off completely at Game Stop when I preordered it, so if they sold mine, I'm going to raise hell.

If you had paid anything on it, I'd try complaining to a manager. Even if you can't get it today, they might make it up when they get restocked later with a discount or something since they messed up.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah. ****. That's what I get I suppose. I'm not the biggest Gamestop fan in the world, but at the very least they wouldn't give my copy of the game to someone. It's not like I showed up days late either. I went at 9:30....I'm not even sure HOW they sold yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Did you pay anything on the pre-order? I paid mine off completely at Game Stop when I preordered it, so if they sold mine, I'm going to raise hell.

If you had paid anything on it, I'd try complaining to a manager. Even if you can't get it today, they might make it up when they get restocked later with a discount or something since they messed up.

I did. Just the minimum though. The lady at the customer support desk went through the manager and he said he would give me ten dollars off the regular version of the game. That's well and good...but I legit geek out about Bioware games and want the version of the game I paid for. I've called around to another Best Buy and they claim that it's not a physical copy of the game, it's a code they scan. That doesn't seem right given that I've seen pictures of the game on Ebay and such. I don't know.

On the bright side, I went into my towns Gamestop, which I never go through for some reason, and they said they would sell me one after tomorrow if they still have one in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 03-08-2011 at 12:12 PM.