Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any way we take some of the guys that blew up the combine like

Stephen Paea, Martez Wilson or JJ Watt

not our biggest needs, but could be solid replacements for Hampton, Smith and Farrior.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watt won't be there when we pick, Paea is too small IMO, and Wilson is meh to me.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Yeah T and G i rank about the same. Right now Flo is there at RT better than anything we have at G. I would like a swing man like Anthony Castanzo. Could come in and play RG right away, and move over to RT later.
Marcus Cannon :D

I honestly think he is Carl Nicks with better athletisism, would be a beast for us.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carnell Lake got officially hired as our new DB coach. Hell yeah.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Carnell Lake got officially hired as our new DB coach. Hell yeah.
Anybody thinks this means we're more likely to target Rahim Moore?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Anybody thinks this means we're more likely to target Rahim Moore?
It could. I wouldn't rule it out.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I think we should pass on a LB this year to grab Farrior's replacement in next year's draft. Look at the names that will be available for us:

Vontaze Burfict Arizona State
Manti Te'o Notre Dame
Tank Carder TCU
Dont'a Hightower Alabama
Luke Kuechly

All these guys are very good and very mean. I personally want Burfict because he's one mean and nasty ************ and would bring our hardhitting reputation at linebacker continue. He'll get fined a lot, but one helluva player.

Next year's draft could be very special for us if we do well.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we should pass on a LB this year to grab Farrior's replacement in next year's draft. Look at the names that will be available for us:

Vontaze Burfict Arizona State
Manti Te'o Notre Dame
Tank Carder TCU
Dont'a Hightower Alabama
Luke Kuechly

All these guys are very good and very mean. I personally want Burfict because he's one mean and nasty ************ and would bring our hardhitting reputation at linebacker continue. He'll get fined a lot, but one helluva player.

Next year's draft could be very special for us if we do well.
I like Burfict dude is just nasty, but he will need to tone it down if he wants to play in Goddell's NFL

Mike Tirico

Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

http://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/sta...96668177629184

Big dude. Measured in at 6'4 315 and had a 30 inch vert. One of our scouts seemed to like him. A name to watch during the rest of the process.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Updated WalterFootball mock:

1) Martez Wilson LB Illinois
2) Marcus Cannon OL TCU
3) Sione Fua NT Stanford
4) Curtis Marsh CB Utah State
5) Marcus Gilbert OL Florida
6) Alex Henery K/P Nebraska

Now I don't really like it. We have far greater needs than to get a first round MLB. He probably has us picking up a FA corner and resigning Ike with a corner to us in the fourth. I do like the OL haul, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Steelers are at the Kent State Pro Day. Probably looking at Brian Lainhart.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Updated WalterFootball mock:

1) Martez Wilson LB Illinois
2) Marcus Cannon OL TCU
3) Sione Fua NT Stanford
4) Curtis Marsh CB Utah State
5) Marcus Gilbert OL Florida
6) Alex Henery K/P Nebraska

Now I don't really like it. We have far greater needs than to get a first round MLB. He probably has us picking up a FA corner and resigning Ike with a corner to us in the fourth. I do like the OL haul, though.
I love Cannon and Fua, but I wouldn't be a fan of taking Wilson.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

How would you guys feel about this? Personally, I'm torn on it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...0EIQMFKMM170YM
Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Also, I read that AFCN ESPN blogger James Walker thinks the Steelers could trade up. Personally, I'd rather trade up in the second and keep our first.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We are at the Clemson Pro Day. I'm sure we are watching Jarvis Jenkins, Marcus Gilchrist, Deandre McDaniel, and Byron Maxwell.

Coach T is at the U Pro Day watching Brandon Harris. Hmmm.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love me some brandon harris, love me some jarvis jenkins....this is great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Tomlin could also be looking at Hankerson(who I love) and Bailey(who I wouldn't mind in the third if he's there).
Old 03-10-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure how i feel about hankerson....id prefer little if were taking a WR. hankerson wouldnt bring too much different to the table than brown and sanders.

bailey i think id take at 62, in the 3rd id definitely take him. he might be a workout warrior but its not like hes had ZERO production. hes a man without a position

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Trust me, I would LOVE Little on this team. I just like Hankerson a lot as well.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love all the above players...Harris, Jenkins, Hank, Bailey and Little would all be great picks imo. Cant go wrong with any of them.

Also Tomlin was at Wisconsins pro day, who do you you think he was keeping an eye on the most? Carimi, Kendricks or JJ Watt?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

IMO, Kendricks, Carimi, and Moffit.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
IMO, Kendricks, Carimi, and Moffit.
I like Kendricks and Carimi...i should like Moffit too, but i cant get rid of the Kraig Urbik comparison, theyre probably nothing alike, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth from him. Eurgh. Gloat away Ktrain, GLOAT! ;)
Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I want Brandon Harris, you just can't win big with corners like the steelers have in the nfl anymore.

Hankerson i really want to like him but he drops too many balls, Bailey is a work out warrior type that I wouldn't touch unless he falls to the 3rd or the 4th.

I think Carimi could be a monster guard or a serviceable RT. I like taking a guy like Rackley, Cannon or Ijalana and moving them to guard.

If we can some how get a really solid guard prospect and Colon and Starks come back from injury the line doesn't look all that bad.

Do you guys think Jimmy Smith will even be on the steelers board because of character concerns?

Other than the obvious needs (o-line, Corner, DE, DT,) I like to get a better third down back and a TE not named Matt Spaeth.

Mike Tirico

Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

It seems like it was Chris Hairston that we went and saw at Clemson.

http://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/sta...69788266229760
Old 03-10-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I like Kendricks and Carimi...i should like Moffit too, but i cant get rid of the Kraig Urbik comparison, theyre probably nothing alike, but i still have a bad taste in my mouth from him. Eurgh. Gloat away Ktrain, GLOAT! ;)
yeah...urbik...big time stud lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I want Brandon Harris, you just can't win big with corners like the steelers have in the nfl anymore.

Hankerson i really want to like him but he drops too many balls, Bailey is a work out warrior type that I wouldn't touch unless he falls to the 3rd or the 4th.

I think Carimi could be a monster guard or a serviceable RT. I like taking a guy like Rackley, Cannon or Ijalana and moving them to guard.

If we can some how get a really solid guard prospect and Colon and Starks come back from injury the line doesn't look all that bad.

Do you guys think Jimmy Smith will even be on the steelers board because of character concerns?

Other than the obvious needs (o-line, Corner, DE, DT,) I like to get a better third down back and a TE not named Matt Spaeth.
carimi at guard would be very odd imo, hes a monster RT and has some serious LT potential to him.

I do not care at all that brandon harris is 5-9, he can ball out

i like jimmy smith....he ran a really good time though and with his size he might be off way before we pick

we could get tiki as a 3rd down back (lol) and i would also like spaeth off the team

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.