Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thoughts on Tanard Jackson, Eric Foster, and Manny Lawson?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking back at that '07 season...you know who I miss the most? This guy:
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/775...3904DE105BA60C

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
thoughts on Tanard Jackson, Eric Foster, and Manny Lawson?
would be a decent 3rd safety, epic boner city jam, and more of a 3-4 rush backer. wouldn't have much of a place here i believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
would be a decent 3rd safety, epic boner city jam, and more of a 3-4 rush backer. wouldn't have much of a place here i believe
Yeah, Tanard also played some CB at Syracuse, so i bet we could use him as a nickleback if need be.

I really liked foster when he was coming out, but thought he was a DE not a DT, does he offer much against the run?

And from what i've read from 49ers fans, and another thread about Lawson, he isn't much of a passrusher, but is very good in coverage, setting the edge vs the run, and a better fit for a 4-3 SLB.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-27-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Nebula
Rookie

Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nebula is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If you guys want to know anything about any player in particular, let me know. Keep in mind I can't realistically tell you about DBs from the TV angle.
Ramses Barden?
Nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Ramses Barden?
Barely played. He had only a couple of snaps in PS game 1 vs the Jets, and was out of the rest of the PS with a back injury.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a center! I want center! Well, realistically BPA, but a center would make me very happy.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want the Center from Penn State. I can't stand prospects from Penn State.

**** Penn State. The Eagles of college football.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't want the Center from Penn State. I can't stand prospects from Penn State.

**** Penn State. The Eagles of college football.
If he is a good prospect then I don't mind. We have a good OL foundation where we can develop him, and we have a great OL coach. So I am not worried if it's Stefan or pouncy or whoever else. Get me a center!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should be worried because Pouncey isn't that great and Wisniewski is good, but unspectacular player.

Just because we've got a good OLine coach doesn't mean we should overdraft a position of need.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JOE LEFEGED
he ran fast. future special teams aceeeeee
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did he run Scotty?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

a 4.43 Zak!
Quote:
Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
a 4.43 Zak!
That's awesome. Rutgers players usually test really well at the combine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.J. Hawk just hit the market, might be the Mike you guys are looking for.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

hixon re-signed. i was kind of just assuming it would happen anyway, but it's official. terms haven't been released I don't think, but it's great to have him back
Quote:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I guess Hagan, Clayton, and Thomas will not be around next year. I liked the way Thomas was playing on specials.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I guess Hagan, Clayton, and Thomas will not be around next year. I liked the way Thomas was playing on specials.
clayton and thomas are both signed through next year i believe, so i wouldn't write them off just yet. Although keeping thomas is probably more likely. He also impressed me on special teams.
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like Hagan. I really want to keep Hagan.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

What ever happened to that WR that blew up during our preseason games? He went on IR for something just to stay on the team, do we still have him and if so do we keep him?

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
What ever happened to that WR that blew up during our preseason games? He went on IR for something just to stay on the team, do we still have him and if so do we keep him?
victor cruz, and yes he's still on the team. He got put on IR even though he only had a minor injury to make room for someone (will beatty maybe?). I'm really looking forward to seeing him again.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

are we going to resign smith longterm? id be extremely pissed if not. Even if we do, id definitely want to get Plax in camp, he is such a mismatch for DB's it would definitely benefit Eli as well as the other receivers. (also one of the best WR run blockers I've ever seen)

1. Nicks
2. Smith
3. Manningham
4. Plax
5. Hixon
6(7?).Hagan/Barden/Cruz/Thomas/Clayton

I dont see why we can't bring Plax back, he still has alot of friends on the team, players who frequently visited him and some on here said Coughlin even visited him, i would love to have him back.

With the injuries we had last year, the inconsistency of Nicks and Manningham, It would be nice to have a bigger target that we can ween into a bigger role. Barden hasn't showed us anything yet, and all things are pointing toward him being a dud. Also with Pascoe's versatility (TE and FB) we could save a roster spot for another WR. Cruz and Thomas are the guys id keep, although Hagan is usually consistent.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

He was a headache when he was here. I think while he has friends, I don't see him wanting to come back. I can see him in Miami or maybe with the Panthers, with Shockey. Probably wants to be near better weather and closer to Miami for the offseason. I think Reese is playing the PC answer by saying we will investigate all options, but I highly doubt we have any intention of bringing Plax back.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I'd like him back. Look at Vick, give a guy 2 years and you get rewarded for it.

What's the worst that can happen? He'll get a tiny contract and if he's a pain, you cut him. I think he's going to be motivated to be great again.

And while I'm sure he's lost some speed, you can't teach size. And he knows how to use his size too. I think he'd be at the very least a great redzone threat.

I'd like for us to bring him back. I'm guessing we don't though.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Quote:
are we going to resign smith longterm? id be extremely pissed if not. Even if we do, id definitely want to get Plax in camp, he is such a mismatch for DB's it would definitely benefit Eli as well as the other receivers. (also one of the best WR run blockers I've ever seen)

1. Nicks
2. Smith
3. Manningham
4. Plax
5. Hixon
6(7?).Hagan/Barden/Cruz/Thomas/Clayton

I dont see why we can't bring Plax back, he still has alot of friends on the team, players who frequently visited him and some on here said Coughlin even visited him, i would love to have him back.

With the injuries we had last year, the inconsistency of Nicks and Manningham, It would be nice to have a bigger target that we can ween into a bigger role. Barden hasn't showed us anything yet, and all things are pointing toward him being a dud. Also with Pascoe's versatility (TE and FB) we could save a roster spot for another WR. Cruz and Thomas are the guys id keep, although Hagan is usually consistent.
we absolutely do not need him. I also disagree with nicks/MM being inconsistent. MM shined when nicks and smith went down, beating some pro bowl corners week in and week out to boot. I wouldn't even be that upset if we didn't bring smith back, he's a great receiver but we'd be set even without him