Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-07-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea but your comment was still unfair to Newton. He is a QB, one that has questions like any other prospect. I don't think that makes Mallett any less of a QB because he is terrible inside the pocket with footwork that only looks correct when he's got a ton of space. Locker had a downright terrible season in an offense that is pretty QB friendly and is a great athlete, but no one says he's not a QB.

Anquan Boldin was an athlete playing QB, Newton shouldn't get that label that he's not a QB and he's just some "athlete who happens to line up under center" just because he's a one of a kind athlete who still needs to work on his game. Makes no sense. Every other QB in this class has some serious flaws in their game, no one is a slam dunk, why would Newton somehow get perceived as just some random athlete who played QB just to have the ball in his hands?
He's not a one of a kind athlete. There have been other athletes with similar builds and skillsets to Cam Newton. People just seem to forget they ever existed.

As for the athlete playing QB, it mostly has to do with the system. Systems like Oregon and Auburn are like high schools that run that Tony Franklin system horse **** where they have a QB dominate the league, then they move their wide receiver to quarterback, and he is the best quarterback in the league the next year, so on and so forth. Jeremiah Masoli dominated at Oregon, then he leaves and everyone thinks Oregon will fall apart. Then the next guy steps in and he might actually be better than Masoli. And the next guy will be extremely effective. Rich Rod's system is the same thing. I think Auburn will be the same deal.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea but your comment was still unfair to Newton. He is a QB, one that has questions like any other prospect. I don't think that makes Mallett any less of a QB because he is terrible inside the pocket with footwork that only looks correct when he's got a ton of space. Locker had a downright terrible season in an offense that is pretty QB friendly and is a great athlete, but no one says he's not a QB.

Anquan Boldin was an athlete playing QB, Newton shouldn't get that label that he's not a QB and he's just some "athlete who happens to line up under center" just because he's a one of a kind athlete who still needs to work on his game. Makes no sense. Every other QB in this class has some serious flaws in their game, no one is a slam dunk, why would Newton somehow get perceived as just some random athlete who played QB just to have the ball in his hands?
Not to nitpick but an average receiving corps that was beset with injuries and a young offensive line that changed personal every week for the first 9 games isnt what i would call an offense that is pretty QB friendly. It almost got him killed.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
He's not a one of a kind athlete. There have been other athletes with similar builds and skillsets to Cam Newton. People just seem to forget they ever existed.

As for the athlete playing QB, it mostly has to do with the system. Systems like Oregon and Auburn are like high schools that run that Tony Franklin system horse **** where they have a QB dominate the league, then they move their wide receiver to quarterback, and he is the best quarterback in the league the next year, so on and so forth. Jeremiah Masoli dominated at Oregon, then he leaves and everyone thinks Oregon will fall apart. Then the next guy steps in and he might actually be better than Masoli. And the next guy will be extremely effective. Rich Rod's system is the same thing. I think Auburn will be the same deal.

I don't know how many QB's coming out have showed they are the type of athlete Newton is. I didn't say he was the fastest guy ever, just a great athlete. I also do think he's a one of a kind athlete with his size, weight, measurables, and pure athleticism. Obviously a guy playing QB all through his college years isn't training the same way a WR or CB is.

Now as far as systems, yea some systems make it easier for the QB to succeed and can plug in anybody to play. OU has a QB friendly offense too, very easy reads to make, tons of WR's on the field for defenses that can't keep up, but that wasn't held against him. Colt McCoy play in a very similiar offense to the one Auburn runs, now everyone knew Colt was pin point accurate and a good WCO prospect but that doesn't change the system he ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know how many QB's coming out have showed they are the type of athlete Newton is. I didn't say he was the fastest guy ever, just a great athlete. I also do think he's a one of a kind athlete with his size, weight, measurables, and pure athleticism. Obviously a guy playing QB all through his college years isn't training the same way a WR or CB is.
Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair, Ben Roethlisberger, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, and if you want to go old school... Bobby Douglass

And with McCoy, you're right. And he went in the 3rd round. He also led his team in rushing his Senior Year.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair, Ben Roethlisberger, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, and if you want to go old school... Bobby Douglass

And with McCoy, you're right. And he went in the 3rd round. He also led his team in rushing his Senior Year.
To keep it more current Jake Locker and Colin Kaepernick were better athletically in a lot of areas and Blaine Gabbert wasnt far behind. Newton is a great athlete but not alone.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
VIKINGSALLDAY28

Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Jake Locker
Colin Kaepernick
Old 03-07-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Ryan Mallett
3. Colin Kaepernick
4. Jake Locker
5. Andy Dalton
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tebow was comparable. Vince Young was superior, imo. He's not nearly as unique as people make him out to be. And his arm is absolutely nothing special. It would take me at least 2 minutes of steady talking to list all of the QBs that flamed out with an equal or better arm (and the list starts with guys like Russel and Leaf.) His accuracy is questionable. He was never asked to make any sort of reads. And was really not exposed to many pressure situations as he simply ran if they occured, which won't work in the pros.

He's a one-year wonder that didn't have to make difficult reads or throws (ie.. making NFL type throws while under pressure, I fail to be impressed by guys throwing an NFL route with no concern.)

Add that with huge character concerns and I fail to see the hype. It's a proven fact that being a special QB at the college level doesn't mean a thing as far as translating to the pros. See Heisman trophy winners of the 2000s.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Blaine Gabbert
2 Jake Locker
3 Colin Kaepernick
4 Christian Ponder
5 Andy Dalton

Not saying mallett & newton arent good players but I would surely not want them to lead my team

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

All of those are great athletes at QB. Only guys I think who are a better athlete are Cunningham, and Vick who isn't listed. I don't think Newton is the only athlete in this draft and were splitting hairs here anyway, my original point is that he's a QB. Maybe I'll rephrase my statement, Newton is a tremendous athlete but that doesn't make him "an athlete who happens to line up behind center".

Quote:

Yet your missing my original point, which was nobody ever said Colt McCoy wasn't a QB. I never said he was some sort of elite prospect so what round he went in doesn't make much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Cam Newton QB Auburn*(Top 10)-
-By far has the most potential of the group, might be the best overall athlete in the draft when you look at his size and speed, strong arm. He is going to need to learn his rookie year about the NFL offenses, off the field questions and maturity(I think it is over blown and he will be fine off the field). I am thinking he will turn out to something close to what Big Ben has turned out to in the NFL(similar size, athletic, off the field questions, but is a true winner and will get the job done)

2 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri*(Top 15)
Prototypical size and strong armed QB, has the QB look to him and is also a good athlete. Im not buying the top 10 propsect hype though, there are alot better football players in this draft, didnt have 1 outstanding season in college, accuracy questions, will have to learn the NFL offenses similar to Newton. Im predicting he will bust in the NFL if he doesnt get some real good coaching, so I could compare him to Alex Smith's career since I dont think he will grasp the NFL offenses and will likely cause him to have many coaches but the potential to be a pro bowl QB is there

3 Jake Locker QB Washington(Top 20)
The most NFL ready QB of the group, shorter than I thought but is built very well, smart guy who knows his stuff, strong arm and athletic, pro style experience. Had a bad Senior year that really hurt his stock(from #1 prospect to a mid/late 1st, his accuracy is hot and cold. I would compare him to the likes of Jay Cutler, similar size and seems to be really on and off during a game.

4 Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*(Late 1st)
Big QB that has the arm to match it, SEC experience(back to back 30 td years) and pro style experience as well, improved every season at Arkansas. Off the field questions have really hurt his stock, not much of an athlete, character concerns as well which could hurt the locker room. Right now if I had to pick between him and Gabbert I would go Mallett since I feel his floor isnt as low. I would compare him to Drew Bledsoe, big QB, big arm but has very slow feet and mobility so he will need a oline, never going to be a top 5 QB in the league, but you can win with him

5 Christian Ponder QB Florida State(2nd)
Has help his stock this offseason after having another injury prone year, decent size and athletism, is accurate and smart, lots of experience as a 3 year starter. Arm strength is questionable, being injury prone will turn many teams away from him, crumbles when pressure in the pocket. I have the feeling Ponder will end up succeeding in the NFL down the line, might take him 3-4 years to be able to make the impact but if he stays healthy I think he can be an above average starter in the NFL

My Raiders Mock

Last edited by RaiderNation : 03-07-2011 at 05:23 PM.
RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Ryan Mallett
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Cam Newton
Christian Ponder
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

1. Locker
2. Mallett
3. Newton
4. Tyrod taylor
5. Blain Gabbert

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2-3 years everyone in the league will be kicking themselves when Andy Dalton is on his way to becoming a Star in the league and guys like Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Ryan Mallett suffer to remain relevant.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
In 2-3 years everyone in the league will be kicking themselves when Andy Dalton is on his way to becoming a Star in the league and guys like Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, and Ryan Mallett suffer to remain relevant.
Gingers cannot succeed.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Gingers cannot succeed.
Joking or not, I don't get the big deal with "gingers" and why people make fun of people with red hair.

What the **** does it matter?

P.S. - I don't have red hair either

Last edited by JaxJag_1 : 03-07-2011 at 06:49 PM.
JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Considering Kaepernick is the same height as Newton and only 15 lbs lighter, as well as having a better arm (59 mph on radar compared to 56) and faster 4.53 compared to 4.59... I would say they are better "athletes" that Newton in this class alone.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
Joking or not, I don't get the big deal with "gingers" and why people make fun of people with red hair.

What the **** does it matter?

P.S. - I don't have red hair either
All joking aside... it just doesn't happen very often... Marinovich, Dan McGwire, Billy Joe Tolliver... or was it Hobert (?)... and that's just at QB.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

My list...

1) Gabbert
2) Locker
3) Newton
4) Kaepernick
5) Ponder/Mallett

Sorry, but my list includes more than just stats, measurables, and other people's opinions... I think work ethic (and obviously the ability to throw and move feet) is the most important quality a QB can have... that's why I have Ponder as high as I do
Old 03-07-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
1 Cam Newton QB Auburn*(Top 10)-
-By far has the most potential of the group, might be the best overall athlete in the draft when you look at his size and speed, strong arm. He is going to need to learn his rookie year about the NFL offenses, off the field questions and maturity(I think it is over blown and he will be fine off the field). I am thinking he will turn out to something close to what Big Ben has turned out to in the NFL(similar size, athletic, off the field questions, but is a true winner and will get the job done)
I'm sorry, best athlete? Size, speed, and arm.... Didn't Kaepernick prove who the best athlete among the QBs were? He's the same height, almost as heavy, yet he proved to have a stronger arm and to be faster... and not only that he was a 4 year starter known to have great work ethic... but CK isn't rated...but you rate Newton so high because of his physical measurables... that aren't as good as CK's... puzzling.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
OGDraft
Rookie

OGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

1. Blaine Gabbert
2. Jake Locker
3. Ricky Stanzi
4. Christian Ponder
5. Cam Newton
OGDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SilentJaguar
Rookie

SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.SilentJaguar could make a wolverine purr.

1. Jake Locker
2. Ryan Mallett
3. Christian Ponder
4. Colin Kaepernick
5. Blaine Gabbert
SilentJaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Considering Kaepernick is the same height as Newton and only 15 lbs lighter, as well as having a better arm (59 mph on radar compared to 56) and faster 4.53 compared to 4.59... I would say they are better "athletes" that Newton in this class alone.
15 LBs is a lot. If Kapernick put on 15 pounds, he would definitely be slower than Newton. I can't talk about ball speed because I didn't see the workouts, but as far as I've heard Newton needs some serious coaching on his mechanics below his arm. He doesn't use his feet nearly well enough when throwing.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, best athlete? Size, speed, and arm.... Didn't Kaepernick prove who the best athlete among the QBs were? He's the same height, almost as heavy, yet he proved to have a stronger arm and to be faster... and not only that he was a 4 year starter known to have great work ethic... but CK isn't rated...but you rate Newton so high because of his physical measurables... that aren't as good as CK's... puzzling.
I'm not saying Kaepernick wouldn't have been successful in the SEC playing in a similar offensive scheme to the one he ran at Nevada, (because I believe he would have been), but the difference between CK and Newton is level of
competition and football IQ.

I don't know if any QB in the draft has the innate ability to make plays with the football in his hands that Newton does, throwing and passing.

And this revisionist thinking that implies Newton's success was the product of playing in Gus Malzahn's future-shock, HS offense that no one's ever seen before is really discrediting how well Newton played last year in huge games when his team was behind.

But I agree if there's one prospect who's Newton's silhouette in this draft, it's CK.

It will be interesting to see who has the more productive NFL career.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All joking aside... it just doesn't happen very often... Marinovich, Dan McGwire, Billy Joe Tolliver... or was it Hobert (?)... and that's just at QB.
sooo.. hair color is now a negative/positive when trying to decide who you should draft?

what if the guy is bald?!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote