Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
They've sucked lately against real competition. These are the teams they'll be facing in the playoffs as all of the teams they have played recently, except the Wizards, are playoff teams. These same playoff teams are not having a problem beating them even the Bulls, who have swept the season series against the Heat.

and all there loses are at home

I wonder how the Lakers do against the Heat, I have some strange feeling that even though the Lakers are undefeated since the All-Star break will lose in a close game at home, It always seems like LeBron James has our number during the regular season, and don't forget about the blowout on X-Mas, cuz that will be on the Lakers mind during game preparation. Hopefully the Heat struggles continue and the Lakers beat them which will I think be a really close game, and no matter what, have us all talking on friday morning, guarantee

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heat would be wise to trade Bosh this offseason for some complimentary players.

The big 3 isn't working bc Bosh has always been ridiculously overrated.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach Spo's got the go. (sounds like a chant) It took them until the end of the regular season and after a four game losing streak to finally "experiment" with a Wade-James pick and roll? Are you ******* kidding me? The guy's coaching is incompetent. He takes three of the top-10 scoring players in the league and puts them in an offensive system that is the simplest in the league according to scouts and easy to defend. They are not going to win anything with him.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-09-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
This guy is way better than anything in the NBA Dunk contest. No lame props or Kias needed. And he's white.

I wasn't buying the 50 inch vertical thing until towards the end of the video. The Gerald Green off the side of the board dunk he did was stupid, and then he added the windmill and 360 and it was mega stupid. The 360 through the legs at the end i don't think i've ever seen before. That was sick. If he's really 5'11, he's getting some nasty hang time.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 03-09-2011 at 01:10 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering Spo's ridiculous attempt at damage control after CryGate, is there any doubt that it was Lebron crying in the locker room? Then again, it probably wasn't even him. Somebody probably just cried for him.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Considering Spo's ridiculous attempt at damage control after CryGate, is there any doubt that it was Lebron crying in the locker room? Then again, it probably wasn't even him. Somebody probably just cried for him.
He was going to cry, but he just choked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
He was going to cry, but he just choked up.
ziiiiinnnnggggg

edit - damnit i can't rep you
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually think it was Wade.

But I really really hope it was LeBron.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
ziiiiinnnnggggg

edit - damnit i can't rep you
Harry, I TOOK CARE OF IT!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I actually think it was Wade.

But I really really hope it was LeBron.
I actually have no idea who it was, but it was absolutely one of the Big Three. Would Spo tell the media if it was ******* Mike Miller or Eddie House? Doubtful.

I just said Lebron because I like poking fun at him. And, because every time something happens with him, everyone around him goes into complete damage control mode. From Nike and the high schooler dunking on him, to ESPN forcing their reporters/analysts not to talk or report on the Delonte West/Gloria James situation, to the formation of the Big Three, to "inside source" Maverick Carter complaining about basketball not being fun under Spo, to the "it wasn't even me" tweets...the guy just leaves PR disaster after disaster for his damage control armies to clean up.

Now we've gone from "there were guys crying in the locker room" to "I don't know...heads were down...nobody was whimpering but I heard noise and there was moisture, but I don't know..." CryGate just seems like the repetition of a clearly defined pattern.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 03-09-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I actually have no idea who it was, but it was absolutely one of the Big Three. Would Spo tell the media if it was ******* Mike Miller or Eddie House? Doubtful.

I just said Lebron because I like poking fun at him. And, because every time something happens with him, everyone around him goes into complete damage control mode. From Nike and the high schooler dunking on him, to ESPN forcing their reporters/analysts not to talk or report on the Delonte West/Gloria James situation, to the formation of the Big Three, to "inside source" Maverick Carter complaining about basketball not being fun under Spo, to the "it wasn't even me" tweets...the guy just leaves PR disaster after disaster for his damage control armies to clean up. CryGate just seems like the repetition of a clearly defined pattern.
I use the C word to describe him for a reason.

It's a shame what's he's done to his reputation. Just last year this guy was widely considered arguably the best player in the league (still is to be honest), but he's damaged his reputation so bad he might as well be Tiki Barber at this point.

Even if he wins a ring every year he's with the Heat, and wins countless MVP awards, I don't know if he'll ever get the credit he's owed as a player after all the damage he's done to his reputation.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I use the C word to describe him for a reason.

It's a shame what's he's done to his reputation. Just last year this guy was widely considered arguably the best player in the league (still is to be honest), but he's damaged his reputation so bad he might as well be Tiki Barber at this point.

Even if he wins a ring every year he's with the Heat, and wins countless MVP awards, I don't know if he'll ever get the credit he's owed as a player after all the damage he's done to his reputation.
What moron would say he isn't the best player in the league at this point. It isn't even close anymore
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
What moron would say he isn't the best player in the league at this point. It isn't even close anymore
Haters? (And Durant lovers)

There comes a point where perception creeps into reality. He's clearly the best, but he'll never get the credit he deserves bc of this whole Miami fiasco.

When the dust settles on his career, he should be in the same light as the some of the other great Guard/SFs to play this game, but I don't know if he'll ever get the same credit that Jordan or Kobe got even if he wins just as many rings.

Which is sad. Bc honestly, if he didn't form the big 3 and only wound up with let's say, 2 or 3 rings on his own terms, he probably still would get as much credit as Kobe bc of his whole body of work.

But now, he won't.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haters? (And Durant lovers)

There comes a point where perception creeps into reality. He's clearly the best, but he'll never get the credit he deserves bc of this whole Miami fiasco.

When the dust settles on his career, he should be in the same light as the some of the other great Guard/SFs to play this game, but I don't know if he'll ever get the same credit that Jordan or Kobe got even if he wins just as many rings.

Which is sad. Bc honestly, if he didn't form the big 3 and only wound up with let's say, 2 or 3 rings on his own terms, he probably still would get as much credit as Kobe bc of his whole body of work.

But now, he won't.
He is still only 26
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ummm Derrick Rose says hello!!!!

No but seriously, we're talking about Gallinari right?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
He is still only 26
He has a solid 9 years of prime basketball left in him. Maybe less bc his jump shot is horrific, and unless he works on it, his game will deteriorate rapidly once he loses that athleticism.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He has a solid 9 years of prime basketball left in him. Maybe less bc his jump shot is horrific, and unless he works on it, his game will deteriorate rapidly once he loses that athleticism.
I still don't understand how he has been in the league for this long and hasn't developed a post game. With his size, strength, athleticism, court vision, and passing ability, it would open up so much more for his teammates.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still don't understand how he has been in the league for this long and hasn't developed a post game. With his size, strength, athleticism, court vision, and passing ability, it would open up so much more for his teammates.
That was going to be my comment. He still should work on his jumper, but unlike guys like Jordan and Kobe, his game as he ages doesn't have to rely on a good jumper because of his size and build. If Lebron could develop some kind of post game, he could easily succeed as a post up player as his athleticism goes with his age, rather than become a jump shooter.

Regardless, he seemingly has not refined either aspects, which is mind boggling to me. (Yes his jumper has improved, but it still is not good unless he has 2 guys on him with his back to the basket and he does a turn around fade)
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cavs fans were saying this since 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
There really is no explanation. I'd like to think he works on his game in the offseason.

He won't ever be a clutch player until he works on that jump shot. GW shots are almost always jump shots.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Lebron's the best player in the league and that's an objective opinion. I used to think he was but after this season I'll take Dwight. The big knock on him was always that he couldn't create on offense, but (while still not superb or dominant) he has improved on that end of the floor enough to match his total beastliness guarding the basket.

If anyone is not getting enough credit for the career they are putting together it is Dwight Howard.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That's a good point. Dwight has been a monster this year.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for all the flack the cavs have got for being a horrible supporting cast, like chris said, those teams were perfectly constructed for Lebron. They were all role players and that's exactly what you want surrounding a player like Lebron.

Why bring in another player who will take 20 shots and essentially take away as many shots from Lebron or the rest of the team.

I mean, they won 66 games with him... you want them to bring in a team so they can win 75 games? 82? Let's be realistic. those guys all perfectly complimented James. Of course they're struggling without Lebron, they're a bunch of role players built around Lebron... without Lebron...

Secondly, Kevin Durant is overrated. He takes too many shots and many times I've seen has a horrible percentage.

Thirdly, too bad Chris Paul is injury prone because if he never got hurt and kept his consistent level of play he would have been my vote for best player in the league...

The reason? He would essentially have no flaws as a point guard.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may be leaning towards Dwight lately as the best player too. He manages to win more games than LeBron with a pretty meh supporting cast, and people ignore that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't think Lebron's the best player in the league and that's an objective opinion. I used to think he was but after this season I'll take Dwight. The big knock on him was always that he couldn't create on offense, but (while still not superb or dominant) he has improved on that end of the floor enough to match his total beastliness guarding the basket.

If anyone is not getting enough credit for the career they are putting together it is Dwight Howard.
Eh, as much as we all may dislike LeBron, he is the best player in the NBA and no one is really close. Howard may be having a better MVP campaign (my personal favorite for MVP) but LeBron is still the best player in the league.

Nobody can score, rebound and pass like LeBron.