Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching this Robert Morris-Long Island game? It's a good one.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Very true. I think I'd trade coaches right now, though this is the worst season since I enrolled here so I'm reeling a bit. Still, Rice is going to do very good things with that program, particularly in such a good recruiting area. And that assistant, Cox I think? He's great for recruiting too. Big part of that staff. Seems like every recruit who comes in mentions him.
Yeah the coaching staff we have is really good as well. Cox and Van Macon are excellent recruiters. I forget if it's Cox or Macon but whoever it is owns the D.C. area which is big. They have a connection with D.C. Assault which is why we're getting a lot of players from that AAU team. Throw in a coaching legend's son in Martelli and we have some firepower on the staff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah the coaching staff we have is really good as well. Cox and Van Macon are excellent recruiters. I forget if it's Cox or Macon but whoever it is owns the D.C. area which is big. They have a connection with D.C. Assault which is why we're getting a lot of players from that AAU team. Throw in a coaching legend's son in Martelli and we have some firepower on the staff.
Yeah it's Cox who owns the DC area...next year's recruiting will be interesting. Rice and the staff had a much easier time this past year, easier to sell guys on getting the opportunity to play significant minutes for a good coach in a great conference when there's not as much talent as there will be on next year's team.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Yeah it's Cox who owns the DC area...next year's recruiting will be interesting. Rice and the staff had a much easier time this past year, easier to sell guys on getting the opportunity to play significant minutes for a good coach in a great conference when there's not as much talent as there will be on next year's team.
Very true. I'm glad we already have Goodman locked up for 2012. It's not going to happen but Graham's little brother is a star in the making as well but I think he's a Kentucky lock.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6198610

How tragic for you Perry.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Color me shocked.....

Only somewhat related but Baylor was a ridiculous disappointment this year. I can't think of a more talented team that's not going to make the tourney.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yeah that is part of the reason I still have tiny issues with the tournament, but in a sense.. you need to play all of your games hard. Baylor has NBA players.. haha that is just me though. Them and MSU should go, they are more of a threat than probably 5-10 teams that will end up in the tourney.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Color me shocked.....

Only somewhat related but Baylor was a ridiculous disappointment this year. I can't think of a more talented team that's not going to make the tourney.
In related news, even the Miami Heat will not make the NCAA tournament.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we better get our ******* acts together in the 2nd half
Old 03-10-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kemba freakin Walker!!!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardiac Kemba? What the hell kind of name is that to call Kemba? Whatever, nice shot to end it despite being pretty meh overall throughout the game.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kemba!

That was the most exaggerated stepback ever. I still think he's overrated though.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kemba!

That was the most exaggerated stepback ever. I still think he's overrated though.
Overrated? In what sense?

This is Kemba Walker:

-23+ points per game
-Best rebounder, pound for pound, in the nation
-Best player in the nation on the fast break. Most explosive and quickest player.
-Carried the team to the Maui title
-Has won 3-4 games with clutch shots
-Plays 40 minutes of aggressive, physical, tough basketball every night

Most importantly, he's a leader that makes everyone around him better and he carries himself well.

In the middle of the season he struggled as a shooter because he refused to penetrate and took himself out of the game offensively. In this tournament he's attacked and broken down the defense time and time again, and although he misses a lot of pull-ups and tough layups, he gives his teammates opportunities to crash the boards. Oriakhi is not a good scorer or offensive rebounder yet Kemba gave him the chance to be DeJuan Blair today.

Anyways I still can hardly breathe.....what a game, what a shot. I called it yesterday when I said it would be a classic ;). Screw the haters.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Overrated? In what sense?

This is Kemba Walker:

-23+ points per game
-Best rebounder, pound for pound, in the nation
-Best player in the nation on the fast break. Most explosive and quickest player.
-Carried the team to the Maui title
-Has won 3-4 games with clutch shots
-Plays 40 minutes of aggressive, physical, tough basketball every night

Most importantly, he's a leader that makes everyone around him better and he carries himself well.

In the middle of the season he struggled as a shooter because he refused to penetrate and took himself out of the game offensively. In this tournament he's attacked and broken down the defense time and time again, and although he misses a lot of pull-ups and tough layups, he gives his teammates opportunities to crash the boards. Oriakhi is not a good scorer or offensive rebounder yet Kemba gave him the chance to be DeJuan Blair today.

Anyways I still can hardly breathe.....what a game, what a shot. I called it yesterday when I said it would be a classic ;). Screw the haters.

I didn't say he wasn't good, just overrated. He doesn't score that efficiently and has a tendency to take his teammates out of the game.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, Virginia blew a 10 point lead to Miami in the final minute and UVA ended up losing in OT. What a choke job.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Pitt put Greg McGhee on Walker?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post

I only saw the very end, but I really, really doubt that was planned.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Fox has done a pretty good job at UGA so far, team looks great, given Auburn does suck.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't say he wasn't good, just overrated. He doesn't score that efficiently and has a tendency to take his teammates out of the game.
So you're saying he's overrated as a scorer? I agree, but few analysts look at the other parts of his game, hence why he's underrated imo. I don't see how he takes his teammates out of the game. If anything he's too passive. Napier is the only other player on our team who can create his own shot and he takes worse shots (and hits them) than Walker. Did you see the end of the Notre Dame game where he passed up an open 3 at the end to give it to Donnell Beverley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pitt likes to switch on screens. Calhoun was expecting this and so he planned for it hoping we'd get one of their bigs on Walker. It worked and McGhee ended up on his butt.

McGhee's foul trouble was huge for us, but even when he was in the game he was a non-factor. Oriakhi outworked him.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
come on CU, screw over KSU again and squeak into a largely undeserved tournament bid...
CU has the support of Jayhawk Nation.Beat Martinstein's Cats
Old 03-10-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe how rotten Minnesota is. I'm shocked at how far they have fallen as the season has progressed.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pirates down UAB in OT possibly ending their ncaa tournament hopes, great win for ECU 2nd cusa tournament win, first one yesterday first 2 cusa tournament wins in their entire time in cusa haha :D
Old 03-10-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I can't believe how rotten Minnesota is. I'm shocked at how far they have fallen as the season has progressed.
They're just terrible. I can't even watch them anymore. You definitely get the feeling that they've quit on the season and on Tubby, and also that Tubby has quit on the team.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa up 6 on Sparty.... :)
Old 03-10-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
! woot. i think cu is in now.

k-state: you're ******* terrible.
I thought you were in before today but yeah now you can watch selection sunday with no nerves or anxiousness