Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-11-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
How does that work?
not sure if it was injury or not but heres a recent article on his workouts now with Duke Rousse (trained dez last year) and his weight gain leading up to the combine.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...lls_for_n.html

"Also, some NFL personnel were surprised to find out that Devine, 5 feet 7, weighed only 160 pounds at the Senior Bowl.

Since then, Devine has gained 16 pounds, pushing his weight to 176, just four pounds shy of his ideal playing weight.

"I have to show that I can put on the weight that they want to see me at and that I need to be at," Devine said. "I at least thought I was going to weigh 170. I haven't been 160 since high school. It was a shocker for me. But I took it as a positive that I have to work harder."
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
He looked really, really good. He was up to 297 and looked really, really agile and had tremendous footwork.
If Elway was there repping Denver checking Fairley out expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on him.

While they arent in love with Tebow they have enough time/$/effort invested by this time to wave their magic Bronco wand & transform him into A Keeper. They were there to chk out Fairley for their d-line which sucked balls last yr after Evil Elvis Dumervil went down early.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
If Elway was there repping Denver checking Fairley out expect the Broncos to pull the trigger on him.

While they arent in love with Tebow they have enough time/$/effort invested by this time to wave their magic Bronco wand & transform him into A Keeper. They were there to chk out Fairley for their d-line which sucked balls last yr after Evil Elvis Dumervil went down early.
If they've got Orton as the starter and a solid backup to groom in Tebow, why is anyone even considering Denver taking a QB early? Got to agree with you. Out of curiousity, is it official that Denver is switching back to a 4-3? Does anyone have a link?
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
If they've got Orton as the starter and a solid backup to groom in Tebow, why is anyone even considering Denver taking a QB early? Got to agree with you. Out of curiousity, is it official that Denver is switching back to a 4-3? Does anyone have a link?
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20...Williams-NOTES
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah yes. Fox and his 4-3. Thanks for the link.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We watch NFL.com on TV and there are some rumours that Orton could be traded and maybe Tebow isn't the answer. Just rumours though.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Didn't Fox publically come out and say that Orton was the starting QB for 2011? I doubt a new coach in a hostile fan base would go back on his word like that.

As you said, just rumors...but anything is possible I guess.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think prior to the draft that you can believe anything a team's personnel say about what their intentions are. They lie all the time to mislead their opponents.
Fox really hasn't a clue to who he will start until he sees what he has in training camp, he is likely just keeping his options open. He doesn't want to piss off Orton who may be his starter, and he knows Tebow realizes he has to beat out Orton, so saying Orton is his starter won't turn off Tebow off.
I don't think it means squat that he said that "Orton is his starter".
Old 03-11-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind. delete.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't think prior to the draft that you can believe anything a team's personnel say about what their intentions are. They lie all the time to mislead their opponents.
Fox really hasn't a clue to who he will start until he sees what he has in training camp, he is likely just keeping his options open. He doesn't want to piss off Orton who may be his starter, and he knows Tebow realizes he has to beat out Orton, so saying Orton is his starter won't turn off Tebow off.
I don't think it means squat that he said that "Orton is his starter".
Very true. Subterfuge is a common drafting practice by all teams. Do you really think Tebow is ready to start though?
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
We watch NFL.com on TV and there are some rumours that Orton could be traded and maybe Tebow isn't the answer. Just rumours though.
The thing is you arent going to give up on Tebow for Newton because some of the same questions exist with both guys. If Luck were there you probably have some smoke but he's not. They may have sneaked a peak at Cam but the Broncos were there to see Fairley.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The thing is you arent going to give up on Tebow for Newton because some of the same questions exist with both guys. If Luck were there you probably have some smoke but he's not. They may have sneaked a peak at Cam but the Broncos were there to see Fairley.
Your probably right, however Tebow was a reach by McDaniels and I'm not at all sure that Fox will feel the same about him. Just a thought.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

Do any of us really think that ANY of these QBs are first round prospects? Are any of them able to come outta the game and win like Bradford, Stafford (if healthy), Sanchez or Ryan? C'mon. This is the weakest QB class I've EVER seen. They should all drop to the second, in my opinion. If I were a GM (and not an armchair GM), I wouldn't draft a single one until 2.6 in AZ.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do any of us really think that ANY of these QBs are first round prospects? Are any of them able to come outta the game and win like Bradford, Stafford (if healthy), Sanchez or Ryan? C'mon. This is the weakest QB class I've EVER seen. They should all drop to the second, in my opinion. If I were a GM (and not an armchair GM), I wouldn't draft a single one until 2.6 in AZ.
There are ALWAYS questions about QBs... you are kidding yourself if you think ANY of those players you just mentioned were considered sure-fire hits as pro prospects.

Bradford had a slew of questions about his throwing shoulder, and he was never considered to have a great arm when he was healthy and didn't hardly play his final college season.

Stafford actually had the fewest questions of the ones you listed and yet he has been the least successful to this point. He came out and he was very young, had pretty good experience, but as of right now... he is still the youngest QB in the NFL.

Sanchez had and still has tons of questions. He started only one year at USC... he came from USC where questions begin to come up about whether it's better to have a QB playing with great players (Leinart) or a great QB playing with mediocre players (Freeman). Then there's the fact that he isn't very big, doesn't have a great arm, and came into the league with a bad knee.

Then the best of the bunch you named that you left out was Freeman, and there were questions about his accuracy, his touch, his pocket presence, his age...

Then there's Matt Ryan, who had perhaps the best collegiate career of any guys you mentioned, but had by far the worst physical tools of those mentioned as well. He has good size, but his arm is nothing special, he doesn't run all that well, he forced a lot of throws in big games (see VTech games). Most didn't know if he was going to be Chad Pennington or Philip Rivers.

The thing is, that you can't predict how a guy will do in the pros, all you can do is project how he will do based on how he did in the past and his measurables. As far as past performances and measurables, these guys are as impressive as any. Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Kaepernick all have prototypical size, arm strength, and mobility... all SEEM to have good to great work ethics. All have had their issues with accuracy, and most strong armed college QBs do... then there's Mallet and his antithesis, Ponder. Mallet has the giant arm, great size, bad feet, and questionable character... Ponder with the average arm, good feet, good head on his shoulders... this is an impressive group. No, there are no sure-fire HoF QBs here, but then again, David Carr, Vinny Testaverde, Matt Leinart, and Eli were considered can't miss prospects... and they definitely haven't been.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

relatively unknown wr from west texas a&m had one hell of a pro day:

This time around, it appears WR Stephen Burton could be the one to hear his named called. He was impressive during a positional workout with 15 teams in attendance, but it was his outstanding time in the 10-yard split in the 40-yard dash that really stood out. He had a time of 1.46 seconds, which speaks to his quickness as a player and could help him go as high as late in the third round.

Burton (6-foot-1 3/8, 224 pounds) – He had a 40 time of 4.38 and 4.44 seconds. He also turned in a 35-inch vertical and 10-4 broad jump to go with 19 reps on the bench.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final Results for S Colin Jones from TCU's Pro Day (and where he would've placed among DBs, including corners at the Combine):

H:5'11"
W: 202

40yd: 4.34

225 Bench: 20 (T-9th)
Vertical: 37.5 (T-8th)
Broad Jump: 10'4" (T-10th)
3-Cone: 6.54s (3rd)
20yd Shuttle: 4.05s (6th)
60yd Shuttle: 11.03 (5th)

Now I don't know if he gets in the 4.3 range electronically, but I think he would at least be in the 4.4 range, something no safety at the combine managed to do.

Someone took footage of the pro day, has Jeremy Kerley, Colin Jones, and Andy Dalton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2Pd...layer_embedded

Had 80 tackles last season and 3 sacks, with 1 interception. They used him kind of like a hybrid player, similar to Cody Grimm. Before the Wisconsin game he had 10.5 tackles for loss.

Last edited by batsandgats : 03-14-2011 at 11:27 AM.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsandgats View Post
Final Results for S Colin Jones from TCU's Pro Day (and where he would've placed among DBs, including corners at the Combine):

H:5'11"
W: 202

40yd: 4.34

225 Bench: 20 (T-9th)
Vertical: 37.5 (T-8th)
Broad Jump: 10'4" (T-10th)
3-Cone: 6.54s (3rd)
20yd Shuttle: 4.05s (6th)
60yd Shuttle: 11.03 (5th)

Now I don't know if he gets in the 4.3 range electronically, but I think he would at least be in the 4.4 range, something no safety at the combine managed to do.

Someone took footage of the pro day, has Jeremy Kerley, Colin Jones, and Andy Dalton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N2Pd...layer_embedded
Nebraska safety Dejon Gomes ran a 4.4 at the combine, but 4.3 at a pro day is outstanding speed for a safety prospect.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Jacquizz Rodgers ran 4.47 and 4.53 in the 40 yard dash after running a 4.6 at the NFL Scouting combine
Old 03-14-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
batsandgats
Rookie

batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.batsandgats is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Nebraska safety Dejon Gomes ran a 4.4 at the combine, but 4.3 at a pro day is outstanding speed for a safety prospect.
my bad, I didn't see him listed on the combine site in the 40, but I just found that on a few other sites so should have looked it up.
batsandgats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

a bit disapointed that daniel thomas still wont be running today. will be interested to see how well ahmad black improves on his 40 today.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word on the street is that Andy Dalton had an awesome proday. JaxJag_1 may be correct then!
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad Black ran a 4.74 and 4.76 at Florida's pro day per Rob Rang
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...personnel.html

Don't worry guys, you will get to watch Captain America work out twice before draft day comes.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow

Quote:
Mount Union wide receiver Cecil Shorts ran the 40-yard dash in 4.35 and 4.41 seconds today at his Pro Day workout on a wet artificial turf, according to league sources with knowledge of the situation.
really helped himself after a solid combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Wow

really helped himself after a solid combine.
They had him at 4.59 at the combine so i'm not sure what these pro day times really mean, guess it might make sense to average the two to get a real gauge.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote