Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing is even though they've been flamed for getting in, if UAB and VCU can win their play in games, West Virginia and Georgetown are extremely winnable games. Especially VCU vs Georgetown. Gtown has been awful since Wright went down and this will be his first game back so that's questionable. Also VCU's biggest weakness is size, but Gtown has zero inside threats. All their points come from 3 guys not to mention VCU is the best pressing team in the nation. I'd be more worried if I was G'town to play VCU than USC Because VCU is so strong in the backcourt.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you just call us the best pressing team in the nation? I've seen our press get broken down countless times especially those last two home games vs ODU & Mason. I just hope we can get past the Trojans to silence some critics.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright got a couple questions:

-George Mason or Villanova (i have nova right now)
- UNLV or Illinois (this seems like a tossup)
- Georgetown or VCU (i want to put vcu just because i love the upset but...)
- UCLA or Michigan St. (i have UCLA although MSU looks like the better team)
- Wisconsin or Belmont (if Wisconsin wins, id have them losing to K State, but i think Belmont can do it)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have people watched Michigan State this year or are they just thinking about Izzo's track record in the tournament? They aren't very good this year and are definitely over-seeded as a 10, as were a couple other Big Ten teams (Michigan and Penn State). The Spartans are 3-10 against tournament teams that are an 8-seed or higher this year. Sure they looked really good against Purdue, but then they got blown out by Penn State the next day (who was a borderline tournament team before that win). They have looked good at times, but they've been bad far more often. I could see them beating UCLA, but I would be shocked if they beat Florida too.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-George Mason or Villanova (i have nova right now)

I know recent success isn't always an indicator of how a team will play in the tournament, but Villanova can't do anything right at the moment it seems. I think this could go either way, but I have a hard time picking Villanova to beat anyone right now.

- UNLV or Illinois (this seems like a tossup)

It pretty much is. Neither team is going to beat Kansas, so you shouldn't worry if you get it wrong.

- Georgetown or VCU (i want to put vcu just because i love the upset but...)

I'd lean Georgetown, but either team could win. I don't think either team is going to beat Purdue so, like the previous game, it shouldn't significantly affect your bracket.

- UCLA or Michigan St. (i have UCLA although MSU looks like the better team)

I'm not impressed with UCLA, but Michigan State has been bad far more than they have been good this year. The good Spartans might show up one more time this season. I have UCLA, but it could go either way.

- Wisconsin or Belmont (if Wisconsin wins, id have them losing to K State, but i think Belmont can do it)

Wisconsin is being underrated and Belmont overrated right now. Belmont has beaten NO ONE of significance this year. There best win is probably Alabama State or Miami (OH). I'm not kidding either. Wisconsin had a rough final two games, but they are still really good.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I can't figure out is how Illinois got such a high seed...
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably because they are Illinois, and WHEN they actually play together.. they are probably like the 3rd/4th best team in the Big 10 imo.

Final Four for me... I will probably only do 1 more bracket just because but here we go..

Kansas
UNC
Duke
MSU
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish. . .

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/...d-stevens-now/
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. Yeah personally I don't want him to coach you guys, he is a better coach than Lowe probably and though he wouldn't be able to do a whole lot, they would compete more.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my final four is:

Kentucky
Duke
Notre Dame
Wisconsin

but i feel that Wisconsin, Kansas St., or Pitt is a toss up from that division. Tough to choose.

The sad part is, I also can't rule out Old Dominion, I have them upsetting Pitt in the 3rd round, but losing to wisconsin. Anyone think thats possible? Also Clemson beating West Virginia?

Edit: Don't hate on the Duke pick, supposedly Kyrie is coming back, if he does i think they win it all.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyrie no doubt is the most talented Duke player but even if he comes back I don't think it makes a huge difference. First off after the layoff there is no way he is ready to play 100% especially since the level of play in the tourny is so high. Also with him in there Nolan Smith their best player immediately becomes less effective since he needs the ball in his hands to do what he does. No doubt Kyrie has an X factor and added dimension but getting him this late in the season I dont' think makes a big difference positively or negatively. Right now Duke is so strong with Nolan at the point if Curry and Dawkins are hitting their shots.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't sleep on Utah State.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Don't sleep on Utah State.

I had them in the Sweet 16 but K-State started to scare me a little. They're an enigma but when they're on they're really ******* good. Pullen started to play better down the stretch too.

Still though, 30-3 is 30-3 no matter who you're playing. Utah State is damn good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what to make of UConn either. All year I've thought they were overrated but Walker is the kind of guy who could carry them a long way especially in a weak field, Their road to the Elite 8 is extremely easy if they get past SDSU but one bad game from Kemba and they're done.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just can't figure out what to do with Kansas State. I could easily see them getting beat by Utah St. in the first round but I could also see them making a run at the elite 8. They are in the weakest region so a final 4 is not all that crazy either.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I had them in the Sweet 16 but K-State started to scare me a little. They're an enigma but when they're on they're really ******* good. Pullen started to play better down the stretch too.

Still though, 30-3 is 30-3 no matter who you're playing. Utah State is damn good.
I was telling a friend that I could see a number of teams winning that bracket. Obviously most brackets have 2-3 possible winners, but that one seems to have like 8 winners that lots of respectable people think could win. (8 is definitely a small exaggeration)
Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My sweet 16 includes:

-Bucknell
-Gonzaga
-Utah State
-Florida State

If I get half of these, I'll be impressed (with myself).

I've also got:

4/4 10 seeds winning the first round
3/4 11 seeds winning the first round
2/4 12 seeds winning first round
Belmont over Wisconsin
Bucknell over UConn

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why am i so ******* tempted to pick bucknell? i can't decide if the whole 5 games in 5 days thing will still be nagging UCONN come tournament time. plus bucknell has some super defender that, if he can shut down kemba, i don't see uconn winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
kstate's awful. i don't know why anyone's taking them anywhere. they lost to CU 3 times.
i can't make up my mind. i see wins over gonzaga, ku, and ut and i like them and then they lose to a shitstorm of teams with no business winning any kind of anything. i have them losing in the 2nd to wisconsin just to be safe. maybe i'll pick utah state and try to feel good about getting an upset.

Last edited by sbh15 : 03-15-2011 at 07:54 PM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bracket has SDSU winning it all. Bring it on.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
went with u-state. either one loses to uw in the 2nd, though.
You really overestimate Wisconsin.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay UNC-Asheville!
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, i just think both of the teams they'd play are awful... i *hate* picking big ten teams to win. but kstate or ustate? meh.
They probably won't even beat Wofford.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now i have richmond in the sweet 16 too... they just seem to match up well against vanderbilt and louisville.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You really overestimate Wisconsin.

Considering Wisconsin is damn good not really.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

UAB is baaaaadddddddd. Doing nothing to silence their critics.