Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
is there a link? i haven't seen anything like that (not that it's not true, but i'd be interested in reading it)
I want to say it was on PFT. It was in the context of Timmy played well at the end of the year but was very raw. I think Elway implied that Orton will be the starter going into the season.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
makes dareus seem a lot more likely...
It certainly does. It would also seem likely that they'll announce a deal with Vickerson and/or Thomas in the near future as well.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. 2010's free agency class was a complete bust. Another tally on McD's **** list. I called Williams leaving, but I didn't expect Bannan to be gone.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
seems like moch is a worse fit than miller, unless we want a pure rush down backer... or we think he can be had pretty late.
Fox probably seems a lot of similarities between Moch and Everette Brown.

I believe Miller is best suited in a 3-4 and isn't the best fit for our team, because essentially he is the same kind of player as Elvis Dumervil.

An attack style defense requires fast players who swarm to the ball. This team is devoid of quality pass rushers, so there is no surprise that these guys are on our radar.

I would not be surprised at all if Moch is a guy we look for in the second round.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this might happen:

http://twitter.com/Denver_Broncos#

Quote:
The Broncos have agreed to terms with defensive lineman Kevin Vickerson on a multi-year contract.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Perrish Cox preliminary trial is tomorrow, basically it will determine if the judge thinks there's enough evidence to go forward with the case.

fingers crossed
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
The Perrish Cox preliminary trial is tomorrow, basically it will determine if the judge thinks there's enough evidence to go forward with the case.

fingers crossed
If he is guilty then I hope he goes to prison.

If he is not guilty, then I have my fingers crossed too that the judge throws it out tomorrow and Perrish can move on with getting ready for the season.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Pro Day info

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17564839?source=rss

Quote:
Auburn, who has two potential Top 5 picks in defensive tackle Nick Fairley and quarterback Cam Newton, is the first stop in a multi-campus tour for the Broncos' brain trust. The group will also visit Alabama (to see defensive tackle Marcell Dareus) and Texas A&M (to see linebacker Vonn Miller) this week. Dareus and Von Miller are also considered possible top five picks.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default PP talking to Champ?

Apparently Champ and Patrick Peterson have been chatting:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...f-bailey-union

Quote:
Peterson, who earlier in the chat said Bailey has been among the NFL cornerbacks to contact with him, said he is on board. Here is Peterson’s response to the question:

“That would be wonderful to go there and help a veteran get over the hump and get a championship. Champ has been in the game a long time and he's thirsty to win a championship. I would be more than happy to line up beside him and achieve that goal that he wants and that I want as well.”
Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Default Arkansas pro day

Apparently McCoy was at the Razorbacks' Pro Day:

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1054233.html

TE DJ Williams would be the obvious reason for attending, though Tebow haters may have their fantasies that it was secretly all about watching Mallett throw.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Apparently McCoy was at the Razorbacks' Pro Day:

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/1054233.html

TE DJ Williams would be the obvious reason for attending, though Tebow haters may have their fantasies that it was secretly all about watching Mallett throw.
so.... what would DJ Williams the linebacker's jersey say if we acquired the TE?
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
ew. with zach miller tendered at a 3rd, i'm not sure why we'd look at a te in the draft.
I assume the Raiders would match if we tried to sign him. Old Mr. Dawn of the Dead won't let one of his guys escape to the hated Broncos.

Despite the obvious focus on defense, I would expect the team to take an offensive player in the first 4 picks... TE being the most likely option (followed by RT and a bruiser RB).
Old 03-09-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
so.... what should DJ Williams the linebacker's jersey say if we acquired the TE?
"my first step is backwards" or is that too long for the back of a jersey?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
maybe, "what, you mean i'm not playing a deep zone on every single play?" but i think it might be longer.
how about "tackles from behind"?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
how about "tackles from behind"?
how about "i'm much more dangerous off the field than i am on the field because i like to drink and drive"
Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
how about "i'm much more dangerous off the field than i am on the field because i like to drink and drive"
sure, but it would become very important to have a HDTV so that you could read it.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have thoughts on my first two picks as Denver in the group mock by divisions?

1. DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama*
2. NT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Anyone have thoughts on my first two picks as Denver in the group mock by divisions?

2. NT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*
That's some serious attention to the interior DL. Individually, the picks are very solid. Adding two young bulls like that would make many fans very happy.

I'd say the need areas remaining are LB and secondary, but keep an eye open for good value at TE, RB, OG and RT (assuming the mock is still going).
Old 03-16-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Third pick ended up being FS Rahim Moore (UCLA.) Still one pick left to complete the rebuilding process.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Why?

PS this article is so, so inaccurate on the easiest of levels. Why was this published?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Why?

PS this article is so, so inaccurate on the easiest of levels. Why was this published?
yeah, where did we get the 12th draft pick from?
Old 03-18-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Final Broncos mock:

2. DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*

2. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA*

3. CB Curtis Brown, Texas

Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
yeah, where did we get the 12th draft pick from?
Apparently we just traded #2 for it straight up. That or this guy is an idiot. Also I really hope we don't give up on Tebow yet. I liked what I saw last season and I really feel he's gonna get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:16 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Final Broncos mock:

2. DT Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple*

2. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA*

3. CB Curtis Brown, Texas

Thoughts?
Not bad. I really like Brown in the third. Also not a fan of Moore whatsoever.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems the media is out to tear Tebow down again a year after he was drafted. Elway's comments about the QB situation are interesting, its hard to say if its anything more than smokescreen.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote