Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
they are right up against where the cap would be, it doesn't benefit them they will be using their MLE like everyone else. Kings would be the only team with any actually room to make moves.
Right, the difference is they are the only competitive team remotely near that number. If a hard CAP was instituted, the Bulls would likely not have to cut much, if anything, whereas 75% of the rest of the league and most contenders would.

Granted, there's really no way they can say all of a sudden one season that everyone has to be under this number so all these contracts are void, but it's just the principle of the discussion. The Bulls, and their notoriously cheap owner, are succeeding with a really low payroll.

Their payroll is higher than Sacramento, Minnesota, Cleveland, and LAC, and followed right after by OKC, NY (pre Melo), NJ, Washington, and Indiana. So I lied, OKC is in there right by the Bulls. But out of that list, they don't fit with the rest.

But that's what happens when you have 2 starters on their rookie contracts (Rose and Noah), another pretty productive bench guy on his rookie contract (Gibson), and a last guy seeing significant backup minutes (Asik).

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 03-16-2011 at 02:48 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not that any more is really needed, but more proof Donald Sterling is truly a merciless assh*le who doesnt give a sh*t about anything but his total worth in $.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...?urn=nba-wp184
Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that's why no big free agent will sign with the Clippers and why Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan, etc, will leave town as soon as they can.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
not that any more is really needed, but more proof Donald Sterling is truly a merciless assh*le who doesnt give a sh*t about anything but his total worth in $.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...?urn=nba-wp184
I had just read that and was thinking about posting it. Sterling and the Clippers are such a joke...

Blake Griffin needs to get out before the team's bad karma Shaun Livingston's him or something.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The one night I was bored at work and kept redoing the lottery until Cleveland had the top 2 picks. Probably took at least 100 tries.
Kyrie Irving lobs to Harrison Barnes for the jam. lol.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Kyrie Irving lobs to Harrison Barnes for the jam. lol.

I think the rankings needed updated.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think the rankings needed updated.
Can Jimmer Fredette legally be drafted to any team other than the Jazz? Maybe the Pacers I suppose

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Can Jimmer Fredette legally be drafted to any team other than the Jazz? Maybe the Pacers I suppose
He was drafted by the Jazz like 99% of the time with that pick, lol
Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I think Cousins vs Monroe is an interesting debate. I believe a significant number of NBA teams would prefer Monroe. He may not be quite the talent Cousins is, but he isn't a headache either. Cousins scores more, but Monroe shoots a higher FG%. Cousins is the type of guy who will be mad if he doesn't get touches. Monroe seems more like the kind of guy who will embrace whatever role is asked of him. A team can put scorers around a big man. Grabbing rebounds, preventing easy underneath baskets, blocking/altering shots, etc is the primary value Cousins and Monroe can bring.
In the draft you always, always go for the All-Star potential. Demarcus Cousins can be a dominant player and you just hope you can rein in his crazy attitude. Greg Monroe may embrace whatever role, but in the NBA you need stars. For the NFL Draft I am very conservative and I embrace known commodities, solid contributors and role players; but I have an entirely different view of Basketball.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't a D'Antoni coached team one stupid application of the bench area rules away from making the Championship a few years back?

People assume that the Suns would have beaten the Cavs like the Spurs did, but we know that the Spurs could defend LeBron with Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan. We don't know what LeBron James could've done in a series against Phoenix.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

People assume that the Suns would have beaten the Cavs like the Spurs did, but we know that the Spurs could defend LeBron with Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan. We don't know what LeBron James could've done in a series against Phoenix.
I did say "making" the Championship. Winning may have been a different story....but it would have proof that a D'Antoni coached team could make a championship.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bet the lazy-ass Hawks in Atlanta tonight -1.5 over red-hot Denver. Will bump this after they stop trying in the middle of the 2nd quarter and lose by 20.

Also parlayed HEAT and Hornets to win. Will bump this when HEAT win by 30 and Hornets lose by 18 with Aaron Brooks shooting 8-11 from 3.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, my bad. I thought I read "winning."

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm a ruhtard.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Juwan Howard ever tries to iso someone again I will stab him in the face.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone wanna take over the sixers (or any team of your pick) in my nba mock draft in the fantasy forum?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love arguing with Boston fans about Rondo. Lols. Anyone wanna chart the FG% of players like Calderon/Rose/Nash/Westbrook/Conley pass to compared to whom RR passes to on the regs?

Also, with Rose averaging 25 ppg, would you want him to take 10 less shots, which allow him to have 5 more assists a game which make him have 10 less pts his numbers 15 and 13 and have more losses or a guy who averages 9/13 with ****** perimeter shooters? Answer me this. Please someone. PLEASE

im guessing the people he passes to..wouldnt allow hi to have that many assists.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well 5 more assists would equal to more than those 10 points so I think that's an obvious yes
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

umm what fenikz?
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
umm what fenikz?
You're one to talk, I'm still trying to figure out just what in the heck you asked in the first place, lol
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

take 10 shots which could equal 5 made shots for other player on the team which could equals 5 assists could equal 15-13 for d rose. which sucks balls :/
Quote:
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WADE DON'T HURT EM!!!!!!i

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

So take 10 shots....which would equal at least 10 points, possibly more if there are 3s.

Or what? That's where I get lost. What is the alternative?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sick play by wade.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I Dont Know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Old 03-16-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

10 less shots..10 shots for others..optimistically 5 made shots by others,,,, 5 more assists for d rose...so in other words..20-13? im confused
Quote: