Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
In the draft you always, always go for the All-Star potential. Demarcus Cousins can be a dominant player and you just hope you can rein in his crazy attitude. Greg Monroe may embrace whatever role, but in the NBA you need stars. For the NFL Draft I am very conservative and I embrace known commodities, solid contributors and role players; but I have an entirely different view of Basketball.
I tend to agree with your point, but I think Monroe can get better too. They're almost exactly the same age. To me, Monroe seems to have the maturity that will help him have a long NBA career. I worry that Cousins will be another big man who stops trying as hard after he gets paid a big contract.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
10 less shots..10 shots for others..optimistically 5 made shots by others,,,, 5 more assists for d rose...so in other words..20-13? im confused
Alright so...

He's shooting 44% this year. So lets say on a good night he makes 5 of those 10 shots. That's at least 10 points, possibly more if any are 3's or he gets fouled.

Or, you're saying, would you rather him take 5 fewer shots but get 5 more assists? Well, 5 assists means 5 scores....so there again would be a minimum of 10 points.

I think it's a wash. As long as his shooting doesn't get suddenly terrible.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Bet the lazy-ass Hawks in Atlanta tonight -1.5 over red-hot Denver. Will bump this after they stop trying in the middle of the 2nd quarter and lose by 20.
ATL was up 34-24 in the 2Q.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
It was cool...but CAN WE GET A FREAKIN TRAVEL, ref?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a foul, but that was some whining by Wade.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to be, Thunder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thunders length and athleticism is going to give the Spurs and maybe even the Lakers fits in the playoffs. They showed tonight that they have awesome potential on the defensive end now that they have a starting lineup of Westbrook-Sefolosha-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins. I think they are Los Angeles' biggest competition.

By the way, love the nickname Mike Tirico gave Serge Iblocka.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I love arguing with Boston fans about Rondo. Lols. Anyone wanna chart the FG% of players like Calderon/Rose/Nash/Westbrook/Conley pass to compared to whom RR passes to on the regs?

Also, with Rose averaging 25 ppg, would you want him to take 10 less shots, which allow him to have 5 more assists a game which make him have 10 less pts his numbers 15 and 13 and have more losses or a guy who averages 9/13 with ****** perimeter shooters? Answer me this. Please someone. PLEASE

im guessing the people he passes to..wouldnt allow hi to have that many assists.
Here's the problem.

The ultimate example of a Point Guard who sacrificed his stats to improve the team overall is Isiah Thomas- by that I meant he was an elite scorer who willfully subjugated himself in order to win titles as opposed to someone like Magic, who was naturally unselfish and had to learn the killer scoring edge instead.

The strategy for Thomas was simple- 'do what I normally do, but take enough off the top and make sure my teammates, every last one that's on the court with me, are involved and getting touches. In turn, presumably, they are more motivated and willing to do all the nitty-gritty stuff on defense and off the ball, so long as they know they are getting properly fed. Keep doing this if the game is in the bag for us. But if we need a rally, if we are down to the last minutes and this team needs a boost and my teammates need me to step up, then I lay the smack down.'

When anybody talks about Rose shooting too much, or singing Rondo's praises, they're usually falling back to the Isiah argument.

Does that help answer your question, friend?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Here's the problem.

The ultimate example of a Point Guard who sacrificed his stats to improve the team overall is Isiah Thomas- by that I meant he was an elite scorer who willfully subjugated himself in order to win titles as opposed to someone like Magic, who was naturally unselfish and had to learn the killer scoring edge instead.

The strategy for Thomas was simple- 'do what I normally do, but take enough off the top and make sure my teammates, every last one that's on the court with me, are involved and getting touches. In turn, presumably, they are more motivated and willing to do all the nitty-gritty stuff on defense and off the ball, so long as they know they are getting properly fed. Keep doing this if the game is in the bag for us. But if we need a rally, if we are down to the last minutes and this team needs a boost and my teammates need me to step up, then I lay the smack down.'

When anybody talks about Rose shooting too much, or singing Rondo's praises, they're usually falling back to the Isiah argument.

Does that help answer your question, friend?
So long story short, Rose does what's best for his team and Rondo does what's best for his team.

I think that's a pretty fair summation of their play.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But if you switch teams, Rose would still be great and Rondo and the Bulls would win 30 games.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bulls would absolutely still be a playoff team, especially in the East.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
It was cool...but CAN WE GET A FREAKIN TRAVEL, ref?
If you go read the rulebook and pull out a magnifying glass you can clearly see "traveling rules do not apply to superstars."

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Dwyane Wade is very frustrating to watch. He can be so dynamic, but he relies too much on the refs whistle. Slamming into Ibaka/Perkins/Collison and trying to get calls while throwing up circus shots wasn't going to get it done. .. oh and the horrible jump passes he's fallen in love with. And his 3-point heat checks when he is an awful 3-pt shooter.

That being said, he is good for six spectacular plays per game and 25-5-5-2-2 on good nights so obviously his flaws are not large in the big picture.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-16-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But if you switch teams, Rose would still be great and Rondo and the Bulls would win 30 games.
Absolutely agree on the first part, not so much on the 2nd.

I don't like Rondo and think his actual talent is elevated because of his team, but he is a good player. But if he were on the Bulls, they wouldn't be as good but their defense would be ridiculous still. They would still win 42-48 games, and would easily be a playoff team in the East.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perkins, Serge, Nazr, and Nick Collison is one hell of a defensive big man rotation.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Absolutely agree on the first part, not so much on the 2nd.

I don't like Rondo and think his actual talent is elevated because of his team, but he is a good player. But if he were on the Bulls, they wouldn't be as good but their defense would be ridiculous still. They would still win 42-48 games, and would easily be a playoff team in the East.

Seriously, to say a lineup with Rondo/Boozer/Deng/Noah would be on the level of a team like the Pistons is just ridiculous.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Perkins, Serge, Nazr, and Nick Collison is one hell of a defensive big man rotation.
it is, and I really think it's going to carry them pretty far.
AND DONT FORGET COLE ALDRICH!
lolz.

but I'm on the thunder train, absolutely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a shame they took Aldrich, and traded 2 first rounders for him mind you not. The next guys drafted after him Ed Davis, Larry Sanders, Kevin Seraphin, Eric Bledsoe, all better players.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Seriously, to say a lineup with Rondo/Boozer/Deng/Noah would be on the level of a team like the Pistons is just ridiculous.

Boozer and Noah have missed fifty games, so to say the Bulls have had that lineup is disingenuous as ****. Could and would have Rondo carried them with Kurt Thomas and Asik? I don't think so. Defensively they would have been dynamite, but they probably would be the 5th/6th seed in the East, rather than the 1st.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-16-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Boozer and Noah have missed fifty games, so to say the Bulls have had that lineup is disingenuous as ****. Could and would have Rondo carried them with Kurt Thomas and Asik? I don't think so. Defensively they would have been dynamite, but they probably would be the 5th/6th seed in the East, rather than the 1st.

Ok well that's more reasonable, but the 5th seed is not 30 wins.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Rondo is a horrible fit for Chicago, they are not a good offensive team, Rose's ability to forget about being a distributor and becoming a scorer when the team is stuck is what takes them to the next level.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The Warriors are putting Vlad Rad on Dirk in crunch time. No I'm not kidding.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Warriors are putting Vlad Rad on Dirk in crunch time. No I'm not kidding.
obviously in order to shut out a tall foreign dude you have to cancel him out with another tall foreign dude. duh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldrich looked decent in a few games, yeah but boy would they want to make that pick again. But i don't want to rush judgement, Harden looked hopeless for 1.5 years but has been money the last 2 months(minus today of course).