Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-22-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Another R. Williams #34 in Miami

I'm starting to think more and more that Ryan Williams of Va Tech is going to be the back we target early in the draft. Most likely after we acquire a 2nd rounder back from trading down in the 1st. Here's a link to some guys we've shown interest in so far:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/2...#ixzz1H6ya59OF

We've shown STRONG interest in him so far. So what do you guys think about this guy coming in to be our starter next year? I'm definitely on board!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:18 AM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely on board. Had he not had the season he did in 2010, he could have had a chance to sneak into the first round. Now, he's undervalued by some standards but has just as much ability as any of the other RBs in the draft. I would love to see us take him, especially if we're able to address other areas of need in the process and still get a starting RB out of this draft. I'm hoping that Ingram is off the board by the time we pick to increase the chances we trade down.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan. I like him best in a one cut and go ZBS. I think he can succeed in any system but there are a number of guys I'd prefer for us, namely Mikel LeShoure.

One other thing about both Williams and Ingram, Sparano and Ireland consistently state that the number one thing they want from their RB is durability and they've been on record saying that injuries in college, particularly at the RB position, don't bode well for the future in the NFL. They've also said that you can't figure out how durable players actually are until they get into the NFL though.

I don't know how much carryover we're going to have from the BP days but Parcells often drafted players that we weren't really linked heavily to. I can't remember anyone, other than Jake Long, that we looked heavily at in terms of interviews and second interviews that we drafted.

Sparano's comments today lead me to believe we are going to sit on RB and then take someone in the 3rd/4th rounds and then heavily pursue one or two free agent RBs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'm not a big fan. I like him best in a one cut and go ZBS. I think he can succeed in any system but there are a number of guys I'd prefer for us, namely Mikel LeShoure.

One other thing about both Williams and Ingram, Sparano and Ireland consistently state that the number one thing they want from their RB is durability and they've been on record saying that injuries in college, particularly at the RB position, don't bode well for the future in the NFL. They've also said that you can't figure out how durable players actually are until they get into the NFL though.

I don't know how much carryover we're going to have from the BP days but Parcells often drafted players that we weren't really linked heavily to. I can't remember anyone, other than Jake Long, that we looked heavily at in terms of interviews and second interviews that we drafted.

Sparano's comments today lead me to believe we are going to sit on RB and then take someone in the 3rd/4th rounds and then heavily pursue one or two free agent RBs.
Dude, we met with Sean Smith and Odrick like a million times. It was obvious that we interested in those guys. I knew Sean Smith would be our pick two years ago at some point, and I remember thinking last year "Anyone but Odrick, please don't take him" .... And they did. I'm also pretty sure we showed a decent level of interest in Pat White, but I could be mistaken. I think that there have only been like a handful of prospects, maybe less that we drafted that we DID NOT look into. This regime is very thorough in their evaluation process.

I created a new thread with a list of some of the guys we've looked into (worked out or scheduled for workouts) so far.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-27-2011 at 04:22 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Dude, we met with Sean Smith and Odrick like a million times. It was obvious that we interested in those guys. I knew Sean Smith would be our pick two years ago at some point, and I remember thinking last year "Anyone but Odrick, please don't take him" .... And they did. I'm also pretty sure we showed a decent level of interest in Pat White, but I could be mistaken. I think that there have only been like a handful of prospects, maybe less that we drafted that we DID NOT look into. This regime is very thorough in their evaluation process.

I created a new thread with a list of some of the guys we've looked into (worked out or scheduled for workouts) so far.
I know we never met with Pat White in a private workout for sure. Same with Pat Turner. Maybe its just the busts we don't talk to haha.

Some good names on that list. Big fan of both Lockette and Moore, same with Virgil Green and Julius Thomas (hope Jordan Cameron is on the radar as well), big fan of LeShoure as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote