Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-29-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your asking me? Haha hate him.

no but your right he does serve that purpose... strong and not a bad defender.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like he has downs. But the guy gives us some muscle, which we need. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Jeffries rotate.

We need to use a committee at Center. Use Shawne to sub in for Stat, and use Jeffries, Sheldon, Ronny rotation at Center.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I like that idea, change the look for the opposing team.

All 3 of them for center are slightly undersized but if they play big then we shouldn't have a problem with anybody besides Orlando.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We know D'Antoni won't do this though. He rather go all out offense. Especially to close the game.

That's a big reason for our losing streak. Instead of putting some defenders out there to close the game, he goes all out offense.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Antoni says he'll give Stat some games off once we clinch. I'd give him every game off other then 20 min in the last game.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win tonight, not much to say other then when this team brings intensity it's night and day. Also nice to see Carter getting some more minutes, he does a nice job of maintaining the flow on offense.

How about Melo the past few nights? 39, 39 and 36.

EDIT: Shelden deserves a shout out as well, hopefully he can keep giving us solid minutes down the stretch.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 03-30-2011 at 09:53 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He looks like he has downs. But the guy gives us some muscle, which we need. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Jeffries rotate.

We need to use a committee at Center. Use Shawne to sub in for Stat, and use Jeffries, Sheldon, Ronny rotation at Center.
lmao. that's part of the reason why I pull for the guy, I view him as the special ed kid in class who you feel bad for but there's a sense of epic win when something goes his way.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Good win tonight, not much to say other then when this team brings intensity it's night and day. Also nice to see Carter getting some more minutes, he does a nice job of maintaining the flow on offense.

How about Melo the past few nights? 39, 39 and 36.

EDIT: Shelden deserves a shout out as well, hopefully he can keep giving us solid minutes down the stretch.
I'm torn. I'm happy with the W, but the first half defense was atrocious, and it shouldn't come down to Billups ripping the team at half time for them to get it together.

Plus, I'm still not a fan of how Billups runs the point.

Plus...1 rebound Stat? Really? His legs are so shot. We NEED to rest him. Just ride out Melo for 3 more games so we can clinch and rest Stat for the rest of the season.

But a win is a win, and as you said, Sheldon has been a nice surprise lately.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Defense is improving. Chemistry is improving.

Melo is establishing himself as the 1A scorer, Stat is taking a back seat to him.

Now we need to rest Stoudemire and just go into the playoffs fresh and rested.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone really like Mikel Leshoure? im just curious because he's lookin more and more attractive at our 2nd round pick if he lasts that long.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Anyone really like Mikel Leshoure? im just curious because he's lookin more and more attractive at our 2nd round pick if he lasts that long.
Not me, he doesn't play any defense.

On a serious note, we're peaking at the right time. The 90s Knick fan in me wants us to draw Miami, because I'll always hate Pat Riley. Melo owns Lebron and they don't have a frontcourt that can expose us. It's time for Billups to step up, if we want to be serious about making a run (and I think we can) he's gotta be a legitimate 3rd threat every night.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol my bad, i didnt realize it was the wrong thread

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Not me, he doesn't play any defense.

On a serious note, we're peaking at the right time. The 90s Knick fan in me wants us to draw Miami, because I'll always hate Pat Riley. Melo owns Lebron and they don't have a frontcourt that can expose us. It's time for Billups to step up, if we want to be serious about making a run (and I think we can) he's gotta be a legitimate 3rd threat every night.
I tell you what....I think we have a shot. I really do. It's going to be hard, but seriously, why not us?

Why not us? We don't have to worry about Dwight Howard, and the road to Chicago goes through Miami and Boston, both of whom have big man issues right now.

They both scare me a lot bc I think they're the 2 best teams in the East, but we have a puncher's chance against both of them.

And our defense has gradually improved. Why not us?

I've been saying it ever since we traded for Melo. Why not us? We have a chance.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We can always believe. You gotta believe!

Realistically...we lose in 6. But you never know. I know I'll be rooting hard. The road to the Finals is tough for us, we have to go through Boston, then Miami, then Chicago. Serious doubts about that, but I look at this round of playoffs as a learning experience for Melo and Stat.

Get that experience together, feel the intensity of a NY playoff atmosphere, and get back on it next year. In the mean time, gotta believe. I'm rockin the blue and orange all f'in week starting Sunday.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Just a little something to get you hyped for tip off

Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

:(

I has a sad :(
Old 06-24-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What did you guys think of the draft?

I liked it. I was hoping Vucevic would fall to us but was taken 1 pick earlier, so that sucked.

But I don't get why everyone is trashing the pick. I thought it was a good pick. Shumpert can D up, and he's athletic. I know his offensive game is suspect, but we have enough offense, it's good to add an athletic defender in our backcourt. We needed that.

I admittedly know nothing about either of our picks, but it seems good to me on paper. Shumpert sounds and looks like an athletic stingy defender who can give us quality minutes as a specialist, and we got our big in round 2. Hopefully he'll be a nice big body for depth.

I didn't think it was a bad draft. Vucevic was my first choice, but hey, what can ya do? I think Shumpert will be a nice depth guy who fits a need.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vucevic would have been a awful pick for us. I don't hate the pick I would just prefer to have somebody who is more of a knock down shooter. Shumpert is still developing his.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Vucevic would have been a awful pick for us. I don't hate the pick I would just prefer to have somebody who is more of a knock down shooter. Shumpert is still developing his.
Why? I thought Vucevic would be a decent bench guy who can give us a good 10-15 minutes a game during the season at the 4 so we can rest Stat a lil more.

I didn't want him as a starter, I viewed him as a depth guy who can give us more options in the paint when Stoudemire takes a rest. Right now our only 4 or 5 who can score consistently is Amare, Vuvecic couldve been a nice depth option in that regards, don't you think?

A knockdown shooter would have been nice, but hey, what can ya do? It's not like they were available at 17. We just have to hope Fields develops his J this offseason.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? I thought Vucevic would be a decent bench guy who can give us a good 10-15 minutes a game during the season at the 4 so we can rest Stat a lil more.

I didn't want him as a starter, I viewed him as a depth guy who can give us more options in the paint when Stoudemire takes a rest. Right now our only 4 or 5 who can score consistently is Amare, Vuvecic couldve been a nice depth option in that regards, don't you think?

A knockdown shooter would have been nice, but hey, what can ya do? It's not like they were available at 17. We just have to hope Fields develops his J this offseason.
Vuceviic is a center not a 4.

Vucevic is also soft and crappy on D. I don't think he is going to be a good pro player. He getting drafted at 16 is literally because this was a terrible draft for centers. He is not very athletic so imagine a soft un athletic center in a D'antoni system that would be a mess. Also question his ability to score in the NBA.

They could have tried to make a move up for one. I just feel this has as much do with who Shumpert's agent is much as it is about him doing better in workouts compared to his game tape.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Vuceviic is a center not a 4.

Vucevic is also soft and crappy on D. I don't think he is going to be a good pro player. He getting drafted at 16 is literally because this was a terrible draft for centers. He is not very athletic so imagine a soft un athletic center in a D'antoni system that would be a mess. Also question his ability to score in the NBA.

They could have tried to make a move up for one. I just feel this has as much do with who Shumpert's agent is much as it is about him doing better in workouts compared to his game tape.
Do you really like Jimmer that much though? I question if he has the athleticism to create his own shot or D up on the athletes you see in the backcourt in today's NBA.

I can't imagine him running through a screen or pick in roll either.

Fair points on Vuvecic. I'm curious to see how we develop Shumpert. Hahn is saying we are going to have him D up on the 2, and run pick and roll on offense. I don't know how believable that is, I guess we have to wait and see.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do you really like Jimmer that much though? I question if he has the athleticism to create his own shot or D up on the athletes you see in the backcourt in today's NBA.

I can't imagine him running through a screen or pick in roll either.

Fair points on Vuvecic. I'm curious to see how we develop Shumpert. Hahn is saying we are going to have him D up on the 2, and run pick and roll on offense. I don't know how believable that is, I guess we have to wait and see.
I was talking about Klay Thompson not Jimmer. I like Jimmer but not to trade up for.

Again I dont dislike Shumpert. I think you could have went down a couple spots added a asset and still got Iman.

I don't think he is a point guard I think he is strictly a 2 on offense. He can probably guard a few but idk if he can run a offense. Maybe over time but not right now.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I was talking about Klay Thompson not Jimmer. I like Jimmer but not to trade up for.

Again I dont dislike Shumpert. I think you could have went down a couple spots added a asset and still got Iman.

I don't think he is a point guard I think he is strictly a 2 on offense. He can probably guard a few but idk if he can run a offense. Maybe over time but not right now.
Yeah that's true. What can you tell us about our 2nd rounder, the C from Kentucky? Any potential there?

We need a Center by committee approach to work for us this year if we want to compete. What I can't stand is how our bench players are afraid to foul bc they don't want to get into foul trouble. Wtf, you're a bench player. Your job is to give us 5 hard fouls a night and make them earn it at the line.

I know that's a random rant, I'm just saying.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah that's true. What can you tell us about our 2nd rounder, the C from Kentucky? Any potential there?

We need a Center by committee approach to work for us this year if we want to compete. What I can't stand is how our bench players are afraid to foul bc they don't want to get into foul trouble. Wtf, you're a bench player. Your job is to give us 5 hard fouls a night and make them earn it at the line.

I know that's a random rant, I'm just saying.
Harrellson is just a straight up goon. He can run pick and roll's and has a ok 10 ft jump shoot. That is basically it he is just a tough guy who will not have a problem using his 6 fouls.

This right here is probably his best highlight of his college career

Old 06-24-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Harrellson is just a straight up goon. He can run pick and roll's and has a ok 10 ft jump shoot. That is basically it he is just a tough guy who will not have a problem using his 6 fouls.

This right here is probably his best highlight of his college career

That's what I like to hear. We need that too. If we can get 20 minutes a night out of this guy at the 5, that would help a ton. He doesn't look like a shot blocker to me though. But hey, beggers can't be choosers. I just want a guy who can give us 6 hard fouls a night.