Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to go on a long winded rant about this; but **** it you've made me do it. Here it goes...

For months leading up the draft it was obivious that the Texans should pick either Reggie Bush or Vince Young. Young is basically seen as the second coming of Jesus in the city of Houston which would have boosted ticket sales and judging by the way he played for the Titans a few more wins. They could have easily traded Carr to a team that needed a QB. Reggie would have been the spark to the offense that the team needed. They could have ran a duel back system with him and Davis similar to Deuce and Reggie. Carr finally would have had another target besides Andre Johnson.

Yet, they decide to draft neither of these guys and their is excuse is that Carr and Davis are their franchise offensive players. Apparently in Houston franchise means one season as they were both cut on Friday. You explain to me, logically, how in one year a quarterback goes from "the franchise" to being cut. They went back on everything they said last April with their trade for Schaub and their cuts of Davis and Carr.

The other excuse they used was that they wouldn't be able to stop anybody with Reggie and Vince. Fair arguement but guess what. They still can't stop anybody. Mario Williams may have great potential but he didn't do squat his rookie year while Vince Young won Rookie Of The Year and damn near lead his team to playoffs while the Texans finished with the eighth overall selection and Bush was a key part to the Saints rise to the elite in the NFC.

I'll sum up why they screwed up with one simple video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

Explain to me how you had a succesful draft when everybody in the stadium is cheering the rival's quarterback as he scores the game winning TD.
Since you are unaware of this, I will inform you of why Reggie would not be a good pick for us. At the time we had no reason to believe that Domanick Davis would not be ready to start the season. We had our starting RB, and he was quite good here. Reggie Bush is not a good fit for a ZBS offense, which is what we run. He dances too much. We already had a "dancer" in Vernand Morency, and he wasn't that good in our scheme so we got rid of him.

We didn't want to give up on Carr after just four seasons, so we decided to allow him one more. No matter who we took on offense, we wouldn't win that many more games because of how bad our defense was. We were letting in too many points to contend in games, so big surprise we went defense in the draft. We picked one of the most amazing physical freaks in the last 5 years to help jump-start our defense. No he didn't play up to the billing of a first overall pick, but he was a solid starter, and improved over the season despite being hampered by injury.

Yes Vince would be awesome, but we wanted to give Carr a chance.

Ok here is something that is going to change the way that you look at the world. Are you ready, here is this earthshattering statement that you need to hear: There is more than one round in the draft. Lets take a look at the other players the Texans got in the draft.

1st- Mario Williams: Solid player, not great, but has been improving.
2nd- Demeco Ryans: Huge steal in the second round, DPOY, had one of the most dominant seasons for a rookie LB in the history of the NFL.
3rd- Charles Spencer: Started quickly, and became the best offensive lineman on our line. A great pickup in the third round.
3rd- Eric Winston: Started later in the season, was solid
4th- Owen Daniels: The best rookie tight end
6th- Wali Lundy: Effective change of pace back, had some good runs

As for the Saints rising to the top that was much more because of Drew Brees than Reggie Bush.

People in Houston love Vince, many Houstonians went to UT, I was cheering on that run too. Even though he's on the Titans we still root for him to do well.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UT
Posts: 4,558
Reputation: 106982
cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Their owner is just a complete moron. He is yet to acknowledge the existence of the salary cap.
I believe that the Redskins are the most profitable franchise in the NFL. While their on-field decisions are bad, they are making a lot of money.
__________________
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 3,025
Reputation: 987
Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Since you are unaware of this, I will inform you of why Reggie would not be a good pick for us. At the time we had no reason to believe that Domanick Davis would not be ready to start the season. We had our starting RB, and he was quite good here. Reggie Bush is not a good fit for a ZBS offense, which is what we run. He dances too much. We already had a "dancer" in Vernand Morency, and he wasn't that good in our scheme so we got rid of him.

We didn't want to give up on Carr after just four seasons, so we decided to allow him one more. No matter who we took on offense, we wouldn't win that many more games because of how bad our defense was. We were letting in too many points to contend in games, so big surprise we went defense in the draft. We picked one of the most amazing physical freaks in the last 5 years to help jump-start our defense. No he didn't play up to the billing of a first overall pick, but he was a solid starter, and improved over the season despite being hampered by injury.

Yes Vince would be awesome, but we wanted to give Carr a chance.

Ok here is something that is going to change the way that you look at the world. Are you ready, here is this earthshattering statement that you need to hear: There is more than one round in the draft. Lets take a look at the other players the Texans got in the draft.

1st- Mario Williams: Solid player, not great, but has been improving.
2nd- Demeco Ryans: Huge steal in the second round, DPOY, had one of the most dominant seasons for a rookie LB in the history of the NFL.
3rd- Charles Spencer: Started quickly, and became the best offensive lineman on our line. A great pickup in the third round.
3rd- Eric Winston: Started later in the season, was solid
4th- Owen Daniels: The best rookie tight end
6th- Wali Lundy: Effective change of pace back, had some good runs

As for the Saints rising to the top that was much more because of Drew Brees than Reggie Bush.

People in Houston love Vince, many Houstonians went to UT, I was cheering on that run too. Even though he's on the Titans we still root for him to do well.
Yes, Ryans is great but let me ask you a question. If you could have Mario Williams or Vince Young on the Texans who would you choose?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Yes, Ryans is great but let me ask you a question. If you could have Mario Williams or Vince Young on the Texans who would you choose?
He stated his reasoning why he thinks what the Texans did was right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,643
Reputation: 208
TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to go on a long winded rant about this; but **** it you've made me do it. Here it goes...

For months leading up the draft it was obivious that the Texans should pick either Reggie Bush or Vince Young. Young is basically seen as the second coming of Jesus in the city of Houston which would have boosted ticket sales and judging by the way he played for the Titans a few more wins. They could have easily traded Carr to a team that needed a QB. Reggie would have been the spark to the offense that the team needed. They could have ran a duel back system with him and Davis similar to Deuce and Reggie. Carr finally would have had another target besides Andre Johnson.

Yet, they decide to draft neither of these guys and their is excuse is that Carr and Davis are their franchise offensive players. Apparently in Houston franchise means one season as they were both cut on Friday. You explain to me, logically, how in one year a quarterback goes from "the franchise" to being cut. They went back on everything they said last April with their trade for Schaub and their cuts of Davis and Carr.

The other excuse they used was that they wouldn't be able to stop anybody with Reggie and Vince. Fair arguement but guess what. They still can't stop anybody. Mario Williams may have great potential but he didn't do squat his rookie year while Vince Young won Rookie Of The Year and damn near lead his team to playoffs while the Texans finished with the eighth overall selection and Bush was a key part to the Saints rise to the elite in the NFC.

I'll sum up why they screwed up with one simple video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

Explain to me how you had a succesful draft when everybody in the stadium is cheering the rival's quarterback as he scores the game winning TD.
Outside of the Mario Williams pick, they had a great draft. Demeco Ryans wont DROY, Winston is a keeper, Wali Lundy should be a contributor. Owen Daniels will be a starter for years it seems. Charles Spencer is dealing with injuries but he is a promising player if he ever gets healthy.

But yes, picking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young should go down as one of the greatest draft blunders in history. Mario was talented, yes. But Vince and Reggie were every bit as talented as Mario and as incredible it is that he is athletic and moves that well at 290 pounds, how many prospects have there ever been that can do the things Vince and Reggie can do respectively? The difference is Vince and Reggie had flat out incredible college careers and were elite playmakers who finished 1-2 in the heismann and played for championship teams. Mario Williams was a DE who was incredibly inconsistent and whose prescense wasnt even felt in many games and he was hardly a dominant player in college. It shouldnt have even been a decision. Heck, Id take Hawk over Mario in terms of defensive prospects. Both were incredible talents in terms of measurables, only difference was Hawk was a dominant player in college, Mario wasnt. Bottom line, you dont take a player number 1 overall who wasnt dominant in college. Mario should be a good DE, but I highly doubt he will ever be a dominant player in the NFL, something which Bush and Vince already are.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 648
Reputation: -189
MP123 smells like sex panther.
Default

I would have to say the Lions. They had the fewest amount of wins in the NFL in the last 5 seasons. Matt Millen is a terrible GM and yet he gets an extension. And it shows how bad the team is when their fans show up to one of the games in Bengal's jerseys.

And before the draft last year, I thought the Texans should have drafted D'Brick. He was the team's biggest need and they could've traded down at least 2 spots and gotten him.

Last edited by MP123 : 03-28-2007 at 12:47 AM.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
Outside of the Mario Williams pick, they had a great draft. Demeco Ryans wont DROY, Winston is a keeper, Wali Lundy should be a contributor. Owen Daniels will be a starter for years it seems. Charles Spencer is dealing with injuries but he is a promising player if he ever gets healthy.

But yes, picking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young should go down as one of the greatest draft blunders in history. Mario was talented, yes. But Vince and Reggie were every bit as talented as Mario and as incredible it is that he is athletic and moves that well at 290 pounds, how many prospects have there ever been that can do the things Vince and Reggie can do respectively? The difference is Vince and Reggie had flat out incredible college careers and were elite playmakers who finished 1-2 in the heismann and played for championship teams. Mario Williams was a DE who was incredibly inconsistent and whose prescense wasnt even felt in many games and he was hardly a dominant player in college. It shouldnt have even been a decision. Heck, Id take Hawk over Mario in terms of defensive prospects. Both were incredible talents in terms of measurables, only difference was Hawk was a dominant player in college, Mario wasnt. Bottom line, you dont take a player number 1 overall who wasnt dominant in college. Mario should be a good DE, but I highly doubt he will ever be a dominant player in the NFL, something which Bush and Vince already are.
I remember mid way through the season I thought Mario Williams would easily fall to the Bucs...I was WRONG!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I would have to say the Lions. They had the fewest amount of wins in the NFL in the last 5 seasons. Matt Millen is a terrible GM and yet he gets an extension. And it shows how bad the team is when their fans show up to one of the games in Bengal's jerseys.

And before the draft last year, I thought the Texans should have drafted D'Brick. He was the team's biggest need and they could've traded down at least 2 spots and gotten him.
I thought the same exact thing, I expected them to stay put though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego Super Charger Land
Posts: 304
Reputation: 110
myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I would have to say the Lions. They had the fewest amount of wins in the NFL in the last 5 seasons. Matt Millen is a terrible GM and yet he gets an extension. And it shows how bad the team is when their fans show up to one of the games in Bengal's jerseys.

And before the draft last year, I thought the Texans should have drafted D'Brick. He was the team's biggest need and they could've traded down at least 2 spots and gotten him.
Too bad we aren't looking at only the last 5 years. Look at the franchise history of both the Saints and Cardinals and be shocked at how bad they have both been. The Lions were competitive throughout the 90's and in the 50's and 60's. The Saints and Cardinals simply weren't at all.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself View Post
Too bad we aren't looking at only the last 5 years. Look at the franchise history of both the Saints and Cardinals and be shocked at how bad they have both been. The Lions were competitive throughout the 90's and in the 50's and 60's. The Saints and Cardinals simply weren't at all.
Salary cap era douchebag.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego Super Charger Land
Posts: 304
Reputation: 110
myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Salary cap era douchebag.
Since when are we only talking salary cap era? And easy with the name calling there big man. The thread starter clearly says that the Cardinals were bad for 40 years, which seems quite a bit before the salary cap era. Bottom line, you are flat out wrong.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Phrost
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerself View Post
Since when are we only talking salary cap era? And easy with the name calling there big man. The thread starter clearly says that the Cardinals were bad for 40 years, which seems quite a bit before the salary cap era. Bottom line, you are flat out wrong.
I wasn't directing the insult towards anyone, people are taking **** back to like Otto Graham era and its getting annoying.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego Super Charger Land
Posts: 304
Reputation: 110
myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I wasn't directing the insult towards anyone, people are taking **** back to like Otto Graham era and its getting annoying.
Well I don't understand, that's what the thread called for. He mentioned the Cardinal's being bad for 40 years, their entire existance. Just like the Saints have been. The Lions haven't even been that bad all of the salary cap era, only the past 5 years. No matter how you slice it, the Cards and Saints are far and away the worst.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,040
Reputation: 70982
703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

any of you saying the redskins are ********, tell me why we have the dumbest owner but we are the most vavuable franchise in sports, he might not have made great personnel decision in the past 5 years but come on redskins are on of the best franchises in sports
__________________


Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2nd deck at Stanford Stadium
Posts: 8,201
Reputation: 1844534
niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
any of you saying the redskins are ********, tell me why we have the dumbest owner but we are the most vavuable franchise in sports, he might not have made great personnel decision in the past 5 years but come on redskins are on of the best franchises in sports
i would have to say that they have made some bad moves in the past few years but i would not put them anywhere near the best franchises is sport.

also its the cards and the saints
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: why hello...
Posts: 1,496
Reputation: 476
TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I would say the Cardinals and Saints easily... followed by the Texans but they are to young to count
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vb
Posts: 12,598
Reputation: 12392
neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

whoah how many Super bowls has WAS won like 2 or 3?
__________________



Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:31 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,728
Reputation: 56147
BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Oakland...
__________________

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aussie-Land
Posts: 20,924
Reputation: 2285531
Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
whoah how many Super bowls has WAS won like 2 or 3?
From a business point of view the Redskins have been run quite effectively
__________________

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Naptown
Posts: 1,401
Reputation: 652
cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
they have been going for about 40 something eyars now, and have never HOSTED a playoff game. JESUS. They just cant get it right. It seemed like they were on the right track last year, yet managed to win 5 games. Their offense is set, and dont give me the old well they had no OL...well a good franchise would go out and get what they need. NE had a big problem at WR this past season and boy have they done a GREAT job making things right. theres no question that things should be good in Arizona, but as long as the current owner iss in place there, they wont win. I still dont think they've done anything to help the OL, for god skaes they lost their best OL. and he stil wasnt that great.
They haven't done anything to help the OL? What are you talking about? They've spent a lot of money in the past in FA to bring good players in, haved drafted a ton of them in the last few years, and signed the best OL coach in the league this offseason.

And you think Leonard Davis was the Cardinals' best OL? Please talk when you've actually watched a Cardinals' game because he was atrocious this year.
__________________

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,659
Reputation: 4263430
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to go on a long winded rant about this; but **** it you've made me do it. Here it goes...

For months leading up the draft it was obivious that the Texans should pick either Reggie Bush or Vince Young. Young is basically seen as the second coming of Jesus in the city of Houston which would have boosted ticket sales and judging by the way he played for the Titans a few more wins. They could have easily traded Carr to a team that needed a QB. Reggie would have been the spark to the offense that the team needed. They could have ran a duel back system with him and Davis similar to Deuce and Reggie. Carr finally would have had another target besides Andre Johnson.

Yet, they decide to draft neither of these guys and their is excuse is that Carr and Davis are their franchise offensive players. Apparently in Houston franchise means one season as they were both cut on Friday. You explain to me, logically, how in one year a quarterback goes from "the franchise" to being cut. They went back on everything they said last April with their trade for Schaub and their cuts of Davis and Carr.

The other excuse they used was that they wouldn't be able to stop anybody with Reggie and Vince. Fair arguement but guess what. They still can't stop anybody. Mario Williams may have great potential but he didn't do squat his rookie year while Vince Young won Rookie Of The Year and damn near lead his team to playoffs while the Texans finished with the eighth overall selection and Bush was a key part to the Saints rise to the elite in the NFC.

I'll sum up why they screwed up with one simple video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

Explain to me how you had a succesful draft when everybody in the stadium is cheering the rival's quarterback as he scores the game winning TD.
Its a marathon, not a sprint. For all the raving of Vince Young, he's still an unproven passer. Reggie Bush would NOT succeed greatly in Houston. They run ZBS. Reggie Bush for all his accolades has been a below average RB in the NFL so far.

Mario Williams has the potential, and before he got injured was realizing it, to be a dominant DE in the league. They got an absolute stud MIKE in DeMeco Ryans. They built up their oline. They got a good TE in the draft. They got rid of the deadweight known as Carr and got a solid qb for cheap. They have a plan, thats building a dominant defense to combat Peyton Manning. And I think it will work. You can't kill Mario Williams after an injury filled rookie year. Couple the fact that even then, he outperformed Reggie Bush for most of the season, I don't see your line of reasoning. Don't jump to conclusions so quickly. I think the Texans so far are making all the right moves. Come back to me in 3 years, and see if you still feel the same way. I guarantee you the Texans will prove they made the right moves 3 years from now.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,261
Reputation: 1159510
PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Cardinals, Browns, and Texans.

Texans are new, but they have been terrible in everything they have done since their inception....
Browns have been here since 1999, not much longer than the Texans, add in the Butch Davis factor... :(
__________________


"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

Worst franchises.

1. The Lions. You look at their talent and wonder why they don't have a better record. Matt Millen stays despite the worst winning % of any team.

2. The Raidahs. They and their fans continue to believe it's still 1985. They have reaked of suckage, except for the Gannon era, for 20 years now. They always have to scrap the bottom of the barrel for coaches. Their scouting department is one of the smallest. They keep drafting busts and taking chances on renegate players (like Jake Moss) without getting results.

3. The Texans. 5 years without a winning (even a .500 one) season. They are going down the path of the Saints.

4. Browns. This team has nothing to do with the earlier Browns. Those Browns are now in Baltimore. One winning season since their expansion year in 1999. Draft bust after draft bust.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14,803
Reputation: 1647898
Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Vikings are headed there. Drew Henson?
__________________
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 4,037
Reputation: 1278
Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default

what i meant was just the worst franchise in the NFL, pre or post salary cap. I still think the Cards, because to have never hosted a playoff game in your existance, and were talking 40+ years now. They are not on the rise, they dont make the right signings, they went full into O last offseason, and they greatly need to improve the D this year, and so fa havetn done anything.

They are pathetic. The Browns are getting there, but you cant say the Raiders, they've been to the top before and know what its like to be good. The Cards on the other hand play in the weakest didvision in the NFL and can still only win 5 games a year.

The guyn above makes sense as to what he says about the TExans...good point, they had a sick draft, but still the main point is that they took Williams over Young....but honestly i look at ti like, Carr has shown that he can provide for a team, an they need to build their D, they gotta start up front, MArio, then build the LB with Demeco. Sounds ok to me, but we'll see.

Still no doubt that the Cardinals win this won. They are pathetic and all the hype this year wil lead to 5 more wins, s hear comes another 5 win season. For all you sying how their O is sick...look at what i said about NE who's O was still sick, but didnt have WR, so what thyey do via FA??? thats the mark of one hell of a franchise.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.