Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 03-24-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Schenkel23

Do you guys still have hope for him? He played very bad this year but he obviously had an awful supporting cast. Do you guys think he could maybe be the future if you get some consistency in the coaching staff and maybe CJ to throw to?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

TRJ997 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I didn't see every game he played, but I think he could max out as an average NFL QB if he gets a good offensive line. CJ alone won't make him a good QB, just like he didn't automatically make Ball a good QB. Walter is a lot better than Ball, however.
TRJ997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't like him, he's not mobile he holds onto the ball way to damn long. He should trade him or release him after this season.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

horrible coaching killed him last year. 5 and 7 step drops? with the worst oline in football? if did more 3 sep drops we would have done way better. i hope he gets another chance

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I think he is the best QB we've had since Gannon and if he had a better supporting cast/OC I think it would show. Is he good enough to be a decent starter in the NFL...meeehhh....I'm not sure about that one...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked him a lot coming out of college and I still do. He's one of those QB's that can throw up a storm, the only problem is that he doesn't scramble well and this past season he was always under pressure. He will only have success if he gets decent protection, better play calling, and more effort from the star receivers.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Only1pickJamarcusRusell

He's too slow in thought and action. He doesn't see the field, he is clumsy and slow footed, unathletic, innacurate, and has bad hands.

He looks like Kerry Collins so much it's scary, that vacant 1,000 yard stare.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think he will perform better next season, if the OL give him support that he needs. he has great arm and body. and if you give him a WR with attitude,like CJ, he will be next Gannon with stronger arm.
NotoRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
i think he will perform better next season, if the OL give him support that he needs. he has great arm and body. and if you give him a WR with attitude,like CJ, he will be next Gannon with stronger arm.
Your optimism really ramps up throughout this short post. I'm confident that he can "perform better" than 3 TD's, 13 Int's, and 1677 yards next year, but he's a long way from being the next Gannon in Oakland.

I'm not going to throw out a blanket statement that Walter sucks, but I don't think you can count on the OL to give him the support that he needs to be a good QB. Even if he does have CJesus catching passes.

Last edited by TRJ997 : 03-27-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

i only want that we get the best player in the draft.in my opinion it is CJ, so we have to deal with walter or we acquire carr or bledsoe (as mentor for walter).
Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

I just think if he can buy more time in the pocket, and not sit there with a stick up his ace. He could actaully do something he doesn't have a bad arm it's just his mobility kills him.

Thanks to jackalope
Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoRussell View Post
i only want that we get the best player in the draft.in my opinion it is CJ, so we have to deal with walter or we acquire carr or bledsoe (as mentor for walter).
There is no arguement that CJesus is the best prospect in this draft. The question is whether he would be more valuable to the Raiders than a franchise QB. JR has more risk than Johnson, but he plays at a much more important position. My point is mainly that Walter is probably not a long term answer to the QB position and the Raiders will continue to lose until they shore that up.

And as I've said many times, I really like what I see from JR and I think he's going to be a good one.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

but if we draft JR, we must give him time to develop,so a veteran qb like Bledsoe would make sense for me
Old 03-27-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
TRJ997
Rookie

I agree. I think Bledsoe and his short-term contract will be a much better fit than someone like Carr, who has never played particularly well and will be looking for a long term deal. I don't agree with the general opinion, however, that either of them would be a replacement for JR.

I've said before that I'm really surprised the Raiders didn't make a move for Garcia to play
Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ997 View Post

I've said before that I'm really surprised the Raiders didn't make a move for Garcia to play
i like that point, Garcia is a great player
Old 03-27-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

As I recall it was Garcia who wasn't interested in Oakland, not the other way around.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
As I recall it was Garcia who wasn't interested in Oakland, not the other way around.

i thought it was we couldnt garentee him that we wouldnt take a qb with the 1st pick

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Exactly...who the hell does a 38 year old QB with 2 years left in the tank to tell an NFL team what they can or cannot do in the draft.....

Have fun watching Chris Simms from the bench Jeff...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Old 03-27-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

On the other hand, you can't blame an older guy for not wanting to play behind our crapalicious OL....but I don't like the fact he made a demand on who we could draft....all we should have had to say is you'll be the starting QB in Week 1, after that it's up to you...

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Old 03-28-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

All he wannted was to take CJ so he had a starting job secured, and he wannted an awesome target like CJ to throw to.

Thanks to jackalope