Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey LeBron if you really just wanted to lose despite getting a triple double, did you really need to leave loooool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must fight urge to rage at Heat!!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love how everyones making a big deal that the Heat lost to the Cavs.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami-3rd in East
Cleveland - Lottery

No one is getting anything confused.
Everyone's been waiting for Cleveland to beat the Heat though
Like NBANetwork said, it was their SuperBowl
It was just amusing to see... plus, it was a good game overall

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Pil
Rookie

Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil Pil

Hey, if you're gonna be 31 years old with no knees and no championships, spend your time in Miami.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i love how everyones making a big deal that the Heat lost to the Cavs.
People made it a HUGE deal when the Lakers lost to them too. The Cavs are the worst team in the league.....what do you expect?

In the end the Heat are still gonna make the playoffs and the Cavs wont. The Lakers will still make the playoffs and the Cavs wont, but it is still embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
People made it a HUGE deal when the Lakers lost to them too. The Cavs are the worst team in the league.....what do you expect?

In the end the Heat are still gonna make the playoffs and the Cavs wont. The Lakers will still make the playoffs and the Cavs wont, but it is still embarrassing.
And lets face it, the Cavs were much more motivated especially in this game. They wanted it so bad, it was game 7 of the Finals for them. Yeah, it sucks to lose since we fall behind the Celtics for the #2 seed now, but whatev. The Lakers were on a back to back or something. At the very least it was the long road trip before the ASG. And the Celitics are struggling with some lesser opponents too now. So its just kind of like all the teams know where they stand. And don't wanna get into such a grind. I wonder if there are talks of shortening the regular season or something cuz yeah, the top 3 teams were in each confrence were in the playoffs by the ASB, the bottom two or 3 were officially out. Does it really take 82 games to figure out who is good and who sucks?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
And lets face it, the Cavs were much more motivated especially in this game. They wanted it so bad, it was game 7 of the Finals for them. Yeah, it sucks to lose since we fall behind the Celtics for the #2 seed now, but whatev. The Lakers were on a back to back or something. At the very least it was the long road trip before the ASG. And the Celitics are struggling with some lesser opponents too now. So its just kind of like all the teams know where they stand. And don't wanna get into such a grind. I wonder if there are talks of shortening the regular season or something cuz yeah, the top 3 teams were in each confrence were in the playoffs by the ASB, the bottom two or 3 were officially out. Does it really take 82 games to figure out who is good and who sucks?
Yeah i was just talking to my roommate about that. 82 games is just way too much. Especially when the playoffs seem to be another season in itself. Its ridiculous, cut it down to like 65 or something....jesus lol.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6271350

I dont know why this ever even came up. I dont think there is any way in hell that they would ever retire his number after what he did to em lol.
They should give big Z the number 23 and retire it. :D
Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Bulls put Derrick in a good position to succeed and he takes advantage of it with clutch baskets.

You don't win 50+ games without help, but at the same point we are a lottery team without Derrick. We do play great defense and we do rebound extremely well, but we are offensively challenged. In fact, we are flat out ugly offensively sans Rose and in this league you still have to score to win. We'd be a competitive team, but we'd fall short because we don't have a go to guy offensively.

I'd liken our team without Rose to Milwaukee.

In my Stephen A. voice, quite frankly I could care less about the MVP award. I want to get to the Finals and win a title. I don't need a trophy or stats to tell me how valuable Derrick is to this team. Who was the last player to win an MVP and win a title in the same season? I believe it was Duncan back in 2003.

As nice as it would be for Derrick to get the individual recognition it doesn't come anywhere near winning a title and I'm sure he would agree.

I understand that he hasn't been the most efficient player this year offensively, but he's made up for it by hitting huge buckets or making a big play in key moments. I'd be willing to expound on this, but I believe Derrick is an exception to the efficiency rule.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said it when he was drafted but I do believe Rose is the new era Allen Iverson. Stylistically obviously their games differ and how they get buckets but in terms of on court production I think Rose will follow an Allen Iverson path. Rose has a leg up though because he is far more secure with the ball.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Miami-3rd in East
Cleveland - Lottery

No one is getting anything confused.
Everyone's been waiting for Cleveland to beat the Heat though
Like NBANetwork said, it was their SuperBowl
It was just amusing to see... plus, it was a good game overall
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah but you all are overlooking something big, momentum going into the playoffs. Sure a loss to the cavs isn't going to mean much in the grand scheme of things but I would much rather be riding a wave into the playoffs then having to start one in the playoffs.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I said it when he was drafted but I do believe Rose is the new era Allen Iverson. Stylistically obviously their games differ and how they get buckets but in terms of on court production I think Rose will follow an Allen Iverson path. Rose has a leg up though because he is far more secure with the ball.
Okay I get they are both great finishers, but AI threw his body at defenders while Rose contorts out of the way. Rose shares the ball, while AI hogged it. So what are you really trying to say? I see very little comparison between the two. Stylistically-different, personality-different. So where is there anything to compare?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're gonna have to explain that one further. I see way too many differences to hang onto one or two similarities.

I could see Rose as a Steve Francis though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Allen iverson took a team of eric snow, kevin ollie, mutumbo, matt geiger and aaron mckie to the finals and took a game from the kobe and shaq led lakers.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Allen iverson took a team of eric snow, kevin ollie, mutumbo, matt geiger and aaron mckie to the finals and took a game from the kobe and shaq led lakers.

and stepped over T.Lue with an attitude!

Old 03-30-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
and stepped over T.Lue with an attitude!
And followed with losing the next 4 games with attitude.

Quote:
Old 03-30-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
And followed with losing the next 4 games with attitude.
That team was a lottery team without AI.
The Lakers were the heavy favorite for a good reason.
Still loved watching AI play though. He was 100% effort on every play.
Played damn near every minute... rested during practice! Zing!

Old 03-31-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Yeah but you all are overlooking something big, momentum going into the playoffs. Sure a loss to the cavs isn't going to mean much in the grand scheme of things but I would much rather be riding a wave into the playoffs then having to start one in the playoffs.
There are still like 8 games left. And the Boston Celtics from last year say hey.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You're gonna have to explain that one further. I see way too many differences to hang onto one or two similarities.

I could see Rose as a Steve Francis though.
I can definitely see the Steve Francis comparison, though Rose will most likely have a longer reign of success. marbury?
Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
There are still like 8 games left. And the Boston Celtics from last year say hey.
ehhh... it also depends if you even believe in momentum. It's not really a quantifiable thing. could just be superstition.

But on the flip side in terms of the C's last year, you could argue that momentum was less important because they had the experience already of playing together in the playoffs whereas this would be the Heat's first playoff appearance with this exact team.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big difference between Rose and any of those comparisons (AI, Franchise, Starbury) is that Rose isn't a giant douche. He cares more about practicing to improve his game and do what his team needs to win, than filling up a stat sheet and looking good.

Other than that, he is very similar to Starbury and Franchise, just that his skill set is equal or slightly better and at a much younger age.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The big difference between Rose and any of those comparisons (AI, Franchise, Starbury) is that Rose isn't a giant douche. He cares more about practicing to improve his game and do what his team needs to win, than filling up a stat sheet and looking good.

Other than that, he is very similar to Starbury and Franchise, just that his skill set is equal or slightly better and at a much younger age.
"Practice? Don't talk about practice. How am I going to get my teammates better by practicing?"
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Nice post. When comparing a player you also need to look at intangibles. Rose doesn't come close to AI, Starbury or Stevie Franchise in that regard.

Assuming Derrick stays healthy he will be an elite player for a long time because of his work ethic. He does compare physically to Francis and Marbury, but mentally they are completely different players.

Derrick is already talking about trying to develop a post game this offseason to add to his offensive repertoire. ******* unreal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote