Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I didn't realize that a lot of you guys were such wimps. The race card is lame and inexcusable. This is not the Warren Moon era. This is a huge multi-billion dollar business and these athletes are a huge investment for these giant corporations.
They're not billion dollar investments to hack sportswriters. I avoid the race issue as much as I can, especially when it comes to QBs, but the feeling that some of the things being written about Newton are subconsciously (i.e. people aren't thinking about what they're writing or why they're writing it) racially driven is just way too strong this time around. He's getting all of the black QB stereotypes applied to him while a white player coming out of a similar offense who played horrible by comparison against lesser competition is being lauded as the "clear cut best QB in the draft."

Quote:
But it boils down to this: Would you trust that this guy is going to make the best decisions on and off of the field? He's got a lot of strikes in both areas. Like I said, he's a fantastic athlete, but that doesn't make you an NFL QB. Lots of studying, practice, and the ability to make good decisions under pressure turn a good athlete a great NFL QB.
Newton made much better decisions with the football on the field than Gabbert did. And that one's not even close.