Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Texans Draft Thread

I know it is a little too early, but thought it would be nice to have a place anyone could go to if they had a college player stand out that we wanted to put on our radar.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the WR Jacoby Jones doesn't re-up with the Texans, I wonder if Alabama WR Julio Jones could be a WR that the Texans look at come draft time.

I hope the Texans can resign Jacoby though.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I'm thinking CB.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would agree with you-corner over wo. And there are some really good corners this year.

The great thing about this draft is that not only is it thick at corner, but there are some pass rushers, too. I have been screaming for more pass rushers for a long time. This year, we will have one fall to us. We may get a corner in the first and a pass rusher in the 2nd. This draft looks like it will really favor our needs.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with less tackles and no interceptions, Dunta Robinson has played well enough for you guys to easily receive a 3rd round comp pick.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Peterson.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we need help in the secondary, a DT, and depth. ....... hmmm, why do the first two sound sooooo familiar?
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:42 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would much rather see us pick up a CB in free agency rather than draft another young CB.

After all the dropped passes by Walter and Jacoby I would like to see us draft a WR early. Jacoby regressed a lot this past season. And there were a ton of times we needed a big play and Walter would drop the ball.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:09 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I want another pass rusher. Period.

But Scott has Prince falling to us. There is no way we should pass on him. I am of the camp that a good pass rush makes better defensive backs. But I hate the corners on this team. Prince is a no brainer if he falls this far. Unfortunately, I doubt he will fall to 10.

But here is for wishful thinking. Scott's mock draft is best case scenario for the Texans as far as I am concerned.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I want another pass rusher. Period.

But Scott has Prince falling to us. There is no way we should pass on him. I am of the camp that a good pass rush makes better defensive backs. But I hate the corners on this team. Prince is a no brainer if he falls this far. Unfortunately, I doubt he will fall to 10.

But here is for wishful thinking. Scott's mock draft is best case scenario for the Texans as far as I am concerned.
This has been the best mock that Scott has made for the Texans. :) If Fairley, Patrick Peterson, Amukamara, Bowers, Von Miller, Robert Quin, or Darius don't make it to 11 then I would go Julio Jones all day instead of going Paea or Aldon Smith. If the Redskins were to take Amukamara, then that would mean AJ Green would fall to us in Scott's mock and that would be sweet too.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 02-16-2011 at 10:38 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

1st-CB Prince
2nd-LB Greg Jones
3rd-WR(?)
4th-DE Sam Acho
5th-DT(?)
6th-?
7th-?
Old 03-03-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
pbat488

draft I've been working on, lemme know what y'all think...

1. Prince Amukamura - CB - Nebraska

Think there will be at least 4 offensive players selected before us, with that number possibly reaching 6 depending on how teams grade QBs and OTs. This means, one of the elite defensive players will drop and I think it will be either Prince or Robert Quinn from UNC. This pick also allows the Texans to put Glover Quin at his more natural FS position.

2. Brooks Reed - OLB - Arizona
Had a great combine and looks great in space. Will be good bookend across from Barwin.

3. DeAndre McDaniel - S - Clemson

With Pollard not retained, he comes in day one as starting SS.

4. Sione Fua - DT - Stanford
Not the biggest defensive tackle in the draft, but then again Wade's 34 scheme doesn't require massive guys as much as athleticism, strength, and gap responsibility. Fua has all in spades.

5. Jeremy Kerley - WR - TCU
DA has been good for us but has reached his ceiling with Kerley making him expendable.

6. Jason Kelce - OG/C - Cincinnati
Athletic, smart kid who can play all three of the interior spots.

7. Zane Parr - DE - Virginia
Raw but with loads of potential and the ability to add about 10-15 pounds without sacrificing too much athleticism. Could be a steal if he refines his technique.

This draft gives us a starting defensive look something along the lines of....

Smith - - - Fua/Mitchell - - - Williams

Reed - - - Cushing - - - Ryans - - - Barwin

Jackson - - - McDaniel - - - Quin - - - Amukamura

Last edited by pbat488 : 03-03-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

Think there will be at least 4 offensive players selected before us, with that number possibly reaching 6 depending on how teams grade QBs and OTs. This means, one of the elite defensive players will drop and I think it will be either Prince or Robert Quinn from UNC. This pick also allows the Texans to put Glover Quin at his more natural FS position.

Had a great combine and looks great in space. Will be good bookend across from Barwin.

Not the biggest defensive tackle in the draft, but then again Wade's 34 scheme doesn't require massive guys as much as athleticism, strength, and gap responsibility. Fua has all in spades.

DA has been good for us but has reached his ceiling with Kerley making him expendable.

Raw but with loads of potential and the ability to add about 10-15 pounds without sacrificing too much athleticism. Could be a steal if he refines his technique.

Wouldn't mind getting Kerley in the 5th at all. For once he would allow us to get rid of Jacoby Jones as well since he is awesome in the kickoff/return game. I believe he was even the MVP of the Senior Bowl.

There was a mock on the Houston Chronicle that had us passing on Amukamara, even though he was available, and going after Justin Houston. It made me laugh.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post

I have to say I really like this. +++rep. If only it could turn out.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:41 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna say that Prince will turn out like Jackson, but rookie corners take time to develop, and with us putting Glover at safety he will have to start and I really dont want to see us with another rookie starting at corner.

I wish we were going to have free agency to see if we can pick up an experianced corner before the draft.

I would really like to see us get Julio Jones, with 2 great WRs and the TEs we have, we could out score anyone. But as much as I would like to see this, there is no way we dont go D. Quinn should be the pick unless Miller falls.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
I'm not gonna say that Prince will turn out like Jackson, but rookie corners take time to develop, and with us putting Glover at safety he will have to start and I really dont want to see us with another rookie starting at corner.

I wish we were going to have free agency to see if we can pick up an experianced corner before the draft.

I would really like to see us get Julio Jones, with 2 great WRs and the TEs we have, we could out score anyone. But as much as I would like to see this, there is no way we dont go D. Quinn should be the pick unless Miller falls.
True, but Prince has the hips and speed that Kareem never had. I'm really high on Prince, but agree it would be ideal if we could ease him in rather than ask him to start from day one. Julio would also be awesome to get as well, but I really want to see some impact players taken to help out our defense. Or a great pass rusher to play OLB like if Von Miller somehow dropped. Brooks Reed would be great, but with the way his stock is rising I see no way that he will be available for us in the second round.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im involved in a forum mock...Been picking for the Texans...so far this is how its gone...

1. Nick Fairley, DE, Auburn (was clearly BPA at the time)
2. Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
3. Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
4. Nate Irving, ILB, NC State

Clearly the emphasis has been on defense. Any particular players I should be looking for should this draft go 5+ rounds?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Im involved in a forum mock...Been picking for the Texans...so far this is how its gone...

1. Nick Fairley, DE, Auburn (was clearly BPA at the time)
2. Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
3. Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
4. Nate Irving, ILB, NC State

Clearly the emphasis has been on defense. Any particular players I should be looking for should this draft go 5+ rounds?
Jeremy Kerley would be a nice fit.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

I like Kerley.

I think that DeAndre McDaniel - S - Clemson would be a really nice value pick in the 3rd. Like that pick a lot.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

I like Fairley. I would take him every day at # 11. He would really help this D.

Compare him to Okaye coming out. I like him over Okaye anytime.