Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-12-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
But he also doesn't consider Quinn as a potential 3-4 OLB.

I agree with the growing assesment that Mayock both has difficulty with and doesn't like projecting 4-3 DE's to 3-4 OLB.
Plus take into account that both Lawson and Haralson were 4-3 DE's in college and how well has that worked out? Why try the same thing yet again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I'm still hoping Peterson will fall but I can easily see him transitioning and being an All-Pro FS in a few years; perhaps like a bigger version of Antrel Rolle.

Prince does appear to be the second best CB available and has more the prototype size to play CB, however the big knock on him (which Mayock and others have noted) is that he didn't play his best games against elite competition, getting burned on a handful of occasions by NFL-caliber WR talent. Some evaluators think he actually is the best CB in the Draft. Quinn has great pass rushing skills, but him being a 4/3 DE is probably an ideal scenario. Him as a 3/4 OLB is risky (See: Lawson, Manny) as he is a great athlete but questions remain if he will be able to drop and cover in space.

It's a tough call between Quinn and Prince at 7, but I would lean toward Prince at this point, as I feel that the risk is less and there is overall less depth at the position later in the draft; a position that the Niners need to invest a couple of this year's draft picks in IMO.

If they do pass on a CB in the first round, then I would like them to target CB Brandon Harris (Miami) in the second. He apparently has a bit of a 'tude but he competes for the ball, has great balance and showed arguable the best mobility/footwork at the combine. Other players from "the U" have had attitudes as well coming out, but many have been hits because they are just passionate about the game.
I would easily draft Prince over Quinn. I dont even have to think about it. Personally, I have CB, NT, RG, DE and even ILB ahead of OLB because it appears that we would draft a 4-3 college DE and hope that he can make the transition to be a dominant pass rusher as an OLB in the 3-4. Based on Lawson and Haralson, I wouldnt hold my breath.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In general, im still hoping Peterson falls to 7 which I think is a possibility unless a team trades up to get him. Prince reaching 7 is almost a guarantee. So, even if I couldnt get Peterson, I would definitely draft Prince at 7 over everyone else. If both CB's are gone, Green would be next on my list. If he's gone too, I try to trade down and get an extra draft pick.

My ideal scenario if Peterson/Prince/Green are gone by 7 would be to trade down twice, draft Pouncey to play RG and then trade back into the first round for a CB or NT. Plus, I would still have a second and third rounder or two thirds.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Plus take into account that both Lawson and Haralson were 4-3 DE's in college and how well has that worked out? Why try the same thing yet again?.
I read your previous post, and we seem to essentially agree - I still have Prince at #2 on my board.

However, because Lawson and Haralson have failed does not mean it can't be done successfully. You can't pigeon hole an organization or a position group like that Dan.

The guys that would be coaching Quinn, are first time 49er coaches - they have nothing to do with the failed transitions of previous years. Are you telling me Dick Lebeau is the only guy that can do this?

I know you like traditions and you rarely look past them, but not only is it possible to convert these guys to linebacker - it's really not that much different than what they were doing before.

In Manusky's scheme? Yeah, pretty difficult. But in Dom Caper's scheme (Fangio's for us)? Not so much. Frank Zombo, got a sack in the super bowl, played a lot of 3-4 linebacker for the Packers this year with all of the injuries - Graduated from Central Michigan University where he was a hard working, blue collar, high motor defensive end - but not a world beater, and that's in the MAC.

Robert Quinn would rush the passer, just like he did at DE 75-80% of the time. I dont think that conversion is too difficult. Now, this does mean there's a higher priority on corners, like Amukamara (C. Woodson) so you have the ability to send these guys. Which, like i stated before, a good cover guy, in this scheme allows you to send a lot of folks, and I think our guys can do that - so do you.

But because our franchise has failed with Haralson and Lawson in converting them to linebackers has NO bearing on whether or not Robert Quinn would be successful in the bay area. You understand that right?
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...patrick-willis

More Willis love ^
Old 04-12-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I understand that king but I still wouldnt draft yet another 4-3 DE and hope he can make the transition to a 3-4 OLB especially Quinn since by the time the season starts, it'll be almost 20 months since he last played. To me, thats way too much of a risk and a gamble. Granted, every player is 50/50 but I would much rather play percentages and draft Prince instead of Quinn because he has a better chance of being a franchise CB for us.

As for GB, they got very lucky two years ago wen they were able to draft Raji and Matthews in the first round. They basically got their franchise NT and franchise pass rushing OLB in one day. We've been looking for that OLB for six years and are still looking. We had our NT for the last two years and will need to find another one.

Unlike PIT, BAL, NE, DAL, GB and even the Jets, we havent been as lucky or as fortunate in regards to building a damn good 3-4 defense which is why I wish they would have gone back to the 4-3. We have more needs in the 3-4 compared to the 4-3. CB is a huge need either way and I value CB more than I do OLB. Personally, I have CB, NT, RG, DE, FS and even ILB before OLB because every player that we would draft to be an OLB in the 3-4 would have to make the transition from DE and I just dont like the percentages of that being a success.

Now, if we were running a 4-3 and needed a pass rushing DE and both CB's were gone, I might consider Quinn but since that's not the case, its mute.

Oh well, 16 more days to go until we find out. :)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need a freakin' pass rusher, i'm not too concerned about the 4-3/3-4 stuff when it comes to Quinn, the guy is plenty athletic.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Niners are nervous about the risk/reward on taking Quinn at 7, then there seems to be guys at the 3/4 OLB position they could look to target in each round, especially if they want to roll the dice. Many of the guys on this list have multiple years starting and are team captains.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...dium=twitt er

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO has the 49ers worked out any more QB yet before the draft?I'm still hoping for Locker,Mallet or Ponder my top 3 guys.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary
we need a freakin' pass rusher, i'm not too concerned about the 4-3/3-4 stuff when it comes to Quinn, the guy is plenty athletic.
Lawson is athletic too and most here dont want to retain him. I personally dont see the difference between him and Quinn. I would only draft Quinn as a last resort/only option kind of thing.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
mac25fan
Rookie

mac25fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
SO has the 49ers worked out any more QB yet before the draft?I'm still hoping for Locker,Mallet or Ponder my top 3 guys.
Locker - Only interested if Harbaugh thinks he can fix his accuracy issues.

Mallet- Sucked under pressure, attitude ?'s, maybe if he's still around in the 7th as a gamble. Emotionally unstable i.e. Ryan Leaf.

Ponder-Would like in the late first or second rnd.

Curious what QB they are going to pick and I'm sure that Harbaugh has his guy picked out. Still think 2011, if and when the season starts, we will not have a rookie starting at QB.

Starting to think that we might sign Alex Smith, which I am not opposed to based on options that are out there. The kid is just 26 years old still and would like to see how Harbaugh would use him.
mac25fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I've been reading I'm guessing that you guys have to suffer through alex smith for another year and then harbaugh is praying to get luck next year. Personally I think that would be best for your team
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We better not have to suffer another horrible season.Though if they would have plaid A.Smith the whole year we might of won more games and made it.I'm kind with you guys on picking some one like Ponder , Dalton or Stanzi and groom them while Smith gets another to chance to see if he is good under a new coaching staff.Sadly with out FA we can't go and get another vet.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan, if teams stopped drafting 4-3 DE's to play 3-4 OLB there wouldn't be many 3-4 OLB's.

The position they played in college has almost NOTHING to do with their physical attributes and how that translates to the NFL level.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys...Texans fan here....I signed up for a forum mock and picked the 49ers...so far this is who I have taken..

1. Prince Amukamura, CB, Nebraska
2. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St

What do you think of the first 2 picks? Who do you guys like in rds 3 and later? What are your target needs?

Thanks
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Hey guys...Texans fan here....I signed up for a forum mock and picked the 49ers...so far this is who I have taken..

1. Prince Amukamura, CB, Nebraska
2. Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St

What do you think of the first 2 picks? Who do you guys like in rds 3 and later? What are your target needs?

Thanks
Highly acceptable selections. Of course I don't know who was available.

Your number one priority will be to address a rush linebacker for our 3-4 scheme.

CB, QB, and OLB are the biggest needs.

Following that you should possibly address NT, RB, OG, another CB, S, perhaps another QB, TE, DE, etc. Use your best judgment and browse the various comments from 49ers fans in this and the mock draft forum.

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Lawson is athletic too and most here dont want to retain him. I personally dont see the difference between him and Quinn. I would only draft Quinn as a last resort/only option kind of thing.
The difference between them is that Lawson has PROVEN that he can't rush the passer in the NFL. The verdict is still out on Quinn. But he sure looks like he can get to the QB.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn and Lawson are completely different players. Lawson is a lengthy, lanky, long strider while Quinn is anything but that.

Any draft in which we get Ponder is a win.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
If the Niners are nervous about the risk/reward on taking Quinn at 7, then there seems to be guys at the 3/4 OLB position they could look to target in each round, especially if they want to roll the dice. Many of the guys on this list have multiple years starting and are team captains.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...dium=twitt er
And are mostly all HUGE 3-4 OLB prospects that Bill Belichick covets. I don't see Fangio/Baalke targeting the same types.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And are mostly all HUGE 3-4 OLB prospects that Bill Belichick covets. I don't see Fangio/Baalke targeting the same types.
Why not? How do we know what Fangio likes in a 3/4 OLB? He comes from the Dom Capers mold apparently, and Dom Capers prized possession, Clay Matthews: Height: 6-3 Weight: 255

All but one of the guys on the list I posted are within 10 pounds of Clay and most were around the same height. They are big, but that doesn't mean that they won't be looked at by a team like the Niners that has had ineffective pass rushing 3/4 OLBs converted from college 4/3 DEs (Manny Lawson - Height: 6-5 Weight: 240; Parys Haralson - Height: 6-0 Weight: 255).

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure you've all heard about what Roddy White thinks of us bringing back Alex Smith for another season, via twitter:

"Why is the 49ers wasting their time with alex smith they need to move on better yet try to get luck next year would be good for them"

and...

"2 coaches have been fired for tht mans performance."

Clearly Roddy knows how to fix this franchise. Tank the season and draft Luck next year. Does he post on these forums? I've heard that from a few other posters on this site... lol.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm sure you've all heard about what Roddy White thinks of us bringing back Alex Smith for another season, via twitter:

"Why is the 49ers wasting their time with alex smith they need to move on better yet try to get luck next year would be good for them"

and...

Clearly Roddy knows how to fix this franchise. Tank the season and draft Luck next year. Does he post on these forums? I've heard that from a few other posters on this site... lol.
SMH coming from a guy with as many playoff wins as Alex Smith and then he retweets some fool who can't believe Alex Smith is getting another shot while Vince Young is getting run out of Tenn. Not saying Alex has come close to pulling his weight but throwing support behind VY with all the crap he has pulled is a joke.

Also I hate when people say tank the season for so and so at QB in the next draft. It never works like that. 49ers fans (mostly webzone/.com) say that every year and then when they enter that following draft year they always deem all the top QBs unworthy of being drafted in round 1.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 04-16-2011 at 12:05 AM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Here's an awesome fantasy dual trade in the draft. With the Redskins rumored to want to trade up for QB Cam Newton who would be a good fit for Shanahan's offense, if he falls to 7 and if the Redskins are desperate enough, I try to swap 2011 first rounders and steal away the Redskins 2012 first rounder so they can draft the franchise QB they want.

Then at 10, if he's still available, I trade up to 8 with TEN (who most think want Fairley) so I can draft CB Patrick Peterson ahead of DAL. TEN still gets their DT at 10 while gaining an extra draft pick.

We get our franchise CB in Peterson and have two first rounders in 2012 which could be used for QB Andrew Luck if he comes out and if we're high enough in the first round.

Obviously, none of this is going to happen but with the Redskins determination to always trade away draft picks, I thought that it would all give us a chuckle. LOL.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post

and...

Roddy's just as ignorant as casual fans.

McCarthy and Turner didn't turn to stone after coming in contact with Alex. It's about stability, Roddy's a moron.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Dan your dreaming to dam big right there dude.If we switch spots with the Skins.I say we just draft Locker bring back Smith for one more see if he can be productive in JH play book or not.Then let Locker step in the following year.But I'm sure we are staying at number 7 to either get PP or a DE or Amukura.No reason to go down.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Dan your dreaming to dam big right there dude.If we switch spots with the Skins.I say we just draft Locker bring back Smith for one more see if he can be productive in JH play book or not.Then let Locker step in the following year.But I'm sure we are staying at number 7 to either get PP or a DE or Amukura.No reason to go down.
I know im dreaming. LOL.

Seriously though, if Peterson is gone by 7 and a QB or Green fall to 7 and WSH wants that guy that bad, I would definitely trade down a few spots. Granted, we would probably just get the Redskins 2nd rounder but thats fine by me. I then trade lower round picks to TEN so I can make sure I still get Prince. TEN gets a few extra picks while still getting Fairley if he reaches us at 7.

Overall, I just want Peterson at 7 with Prince 2nd and Green third. If both CB's are gone, I try to trade down with a team who wants Green. If I cant get what I want, I just draft Green and move on because Quinn or another DE/OLB hybrid isnt worth the 7th overall draft pick when compared to Green.