Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-16-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
It is puzzling that's for sure. They are so secretive about everything pre-draft that it's hard to imagine how they would even have their list posted anywhere that someone could see it, let alone voluntarily showing it to the media. I sure hope they didn't screw up because if they did they lost a lot of leverage when they are trying to trade up and down the board.

I agree about some of those rankings. They are kind of typical but then there are the handful of unusual ones like you mentioned. The PFW guys could have just put them up in their own order. Those guys often have some strange ratings on players. They could have just made the numbers up or something. I hope that's all it is.
Yeah me too, but I don't know, maybe they printed off the player cards and strung them up but what really gets me are those numerical values.

It's clearly out of 10, and some kind of formula for each position to garner overall value.
It looks like a tool to grade a player overall, while in a positional list.

This is a very elusive smoke screen or a grade A **** up.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing about the grading numbers on those cards that makes me believe they are not the actual Pats grades is that Caserio distinctly said in the press conference as he was explaining those numbers, that the Pats don't use a four number grade. They only use a two number grade. So instead of 8.782 for AJ Green, their real card would only show 8.7 or 8.8.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
The one thing about the grading numbers on those cards that makes me believe they are not the actual Pats grades is that Caserio distinctly said in the press conference as he was explaining those numbers, that the Pats don't use a four number grade. They only use a two number grade. So instead of 8.782 for AJ Green, their real card would only show 8.7 or 8.8.
True, I just don't know what to make of it. Seems like an extraordinary amount of work for showing up a few seconds in a webcast.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-16-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
JJ Watt under Clayborn (agent?)
It's just BS. Watt won't even be on the actual Patriots draft board.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

Read this old BB quote today. (Summer 2003)

"To make the 3-4 work, you need two outside linebackers who can get pressure. What we wanted to do was get quicker, better on the pass rush and a little younger on defense."

PLEASE DO THIS ON DRAFT DAY!
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
Old 04-19-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That image also looks like the pieces are pasted together in PS or some other photo program.

There's no way the Pats would allow something like that to get out. It's either smoke screen or junk.

I find it difficult to believe Hankerson would't be on their list. My mancrush aside, he really has all the things BB targets when drafting. 4 years of experience & a senior. Team captain. Excellent production. Great work ethic.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.csnne.com/04/14/11/Workou...92&feedID=3352
Old 09-04-2011, 04:03 AM    (permalink
jmalloy
Rookie

jmalloy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey don vito, are you a mafia member?LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Solder and Ras-I Dowling both looked like solid starters on Monday.

Ridley and Vereen can have a big impact later in the year. Especially if Woodhead/BJGE get nicked up.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't know where people get off saying the Pats don't draft well. Sure, I would have liked to have something other than 2 RBs, but I've been wanting them to draft a bruiser and a slasher in the same draft for years now... When they drafted Maroney, I wanted LenWhale and MoJo in the first two rounds... They finally did it...so I can't complain. Plus, they drafted the position I originally pegged them to draft in the first round. Wasn't the biggest fan of Solder going into the draft, but he looked really effen good.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, I don't know where people get off saying the Pats don't draft well. Sure, I would have liked to have something other than 2 RBs, but I've been wanting them to draft a bruiser and a slasher in the same draft for years now... When they drafted Maroney, I wanted LenWhale and MoJo in the first two rounds... They finally did it...so I can't complain. Plus, they drafted the position I originally pegged them to draft in the first round. Wasn't the biggest fan of Solder going into the draft, but he looked really effen good.
I think the only heat they've taken, from me and a few others, is they passed on Clay Matthews and probably should have consoladated some picks to move up and get a stud receiver. Overrall i have no problem with their drafts.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thread

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote