Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-17-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Why not? How do we know what Fangio likes in a 3/4 OLB? He comes from the Dom Capers mold apparently, and Dom Capers prized possession, Clay Matthews: Height: 6-3 Weight: 255

All but one of the guys on the list I posted are within 10 pounds of Clay and most were around the same height. They are big, but that doesn't mean that they won't be looked at by a team like the Niners that has had ineffective pass rushing 3/4 OLBs converted from college 4/3 DEs (Manny Lawson - Height: 6-5 Weight: 240; Parys Haralson - Height: 6-0 Weight: 255).
Players tend to gain weight in the pros. Clay Matthews weighed 240lbs at his Combine. I'm not discounting players in the low-mid 260's but if a player is already in the 270's I don't like him as much in a 3-4. Just my opinion.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock draft:

1. patrick robinson - cb

2. andy dalton - qb

3. christian ballard - de

4. jerrel jernigan - wr

4. shane vereen - rb

5. joe lefeged -s

6. buster skrine - cb

6. owen marecic - fb

7. mark herzlick - ilb

7. zane taylor - c
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chapo123,
That is a solid mock draft.Though I would still take Ponder or try and move up to get him.But I will take Dalton.Everyone else seems to be solid.Specially PP I really think we have a chance to land him.Only AZ I think will pick him unless some one moves up.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
chapo123,
That is a solid mock draft.Though I would still take Ponder or try and move up to get him.But I will take Dalton.Everyone else seems to be solid.Specially PP I really think we have a chance to land him.Only AZ I think will pick him unless some one moves up.
I hope its us trading with cleveland. then we trade up again into the late first and get whatever QB harbaugh/baalke want. i think we will do what denver did last year and move around a lot.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

txparkes49x,
Yea I think I have the same feeling about getting our guy and it may be Ponder or Locker maybe Mallet I dunno.We all know we need a QB its our biggest need right now.Trading up is the most likely deal for us maybe either in Seattle spot or before them if possible.We have enough picks to do it.Just we need the darn draft day to get here.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm sure you've all heard about what Roddy White thinks of us bringing back Alex Smith for another season, via twitter:

"Why is the 49ers wasting their time with alex smith they need to move on better yet try to get luck next year would be good for them"

and...

"2 coaches have been fired for tht mans performance."

Clearly Roddy knows how to fix this franchise. Tank the season and draft Luck next year. Does he post on these forums? I've heard that from a few other posters on this site... lol.
He sounds like a moron, but he's right. The franchise goes nowhere with Smith as quarterback.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He sounds like a moron, but he's right. The franchise goes nowhere with Smith as quarterback.
What do you mean he sounds like a moron? He IS a moron. Dummy was probably watching "path the draft: 49ers" on NFL Network and thought he would chime in. The fact that some niner fans are flocking towards this information like it's some kind of validation for their endless arguments about the situation is the funniest part about it.

Last edited by binary : 04-17-2011 at 10:31 PM.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I didnt post that because I agree with him. I dont want Alex Smith back myself, but I just find it funny (strange?) that he made the comments at all.
I mean if he thinks that Alex Smith is that bad of a QB wouldnt he want him to start next season for us? Is Roddy White that concerned about the 49ers? And if so, why?

I guess I just dont understand the reasoning behind the comments coming from him. Makes me want Alex to succeed (which I always have) even more and have him beat the Falcons in the playoffs next year!
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
What do you mean he sounds like a moron? He IS a moron. Dummy was probably watching "path the draft: 49ers" on NFL Network and thought he would chime in. The fact that some niner fans are flocking towards this information like it's some kind of validation for their endless arguments about the situation is the funniest part about it.
True. Nothing we don't already know.

Quote:
Old 04-18-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just read Matt Miacco's latest mock draft. For me personally, it started good and then went downhill real fast. With Peterson gone to ARZ, he has SF trading down to 10 with WSH so the Redskins can draft Gabbert. With WSH not having a 3rd or 4th round draft pick, I would assume that we acquired their 2nd rounder. That's where the good stuff ends and the horrible stuff begins.

He drafts Quinn at 10 with Prince going 11th to HOU and then trades back into the first round with PIT at 31 to draft the QB Kapernick. Matt doesnt detail the trades but I would assume that we would have given up our own 2nd and 3rd rounders for number 31.

Personally, I would rather draft Prince at 10 and Ayers at 31 and then draft Locker with the Redskins 2nd rounder if im still drafting a QB and if he's there at that point.

Of course, I dont think ARZ would draft Peterson. It's either QB or Miller fr them. I'm leaning towards Gabbert for ARZ because Fitz has one year left on his contract and cant be franchised in 2012 so not drafting a QB to throw him the ball would be stupid because he'll just leave for free in 2012. And yeah, ARZ would get a 3rd rounder as compensation in 2013 but thats nowhere close to what ARZ would get in an actual trade.

I can definitely see Peterson falling to 7 and if he does, I draft him in a heartbeat unless someone is willing to give me their first rounder this year and next year. HOU is rumored to be in love with him. I would have no problem trading down with HOU and still getting Prince plus their 2012 first rounder. That would be awesome even though I still prefer Peterson over all.

Thoughts on Matt's mock draft???
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Just read Matt Miacco's latest mock draft. For me personally, it started good and then went downhill real fast. With Peterson gone to ARZ, he has SF trading down to 10 with WSH so the Redskins can draft Gabbert. With WSH not having a 3rd or 4th round draft pick, I would assume that we acquired their 2nd rounder. That's where the good stuff ends and the horrible stuff begins.

He drafts Quinn at 10 with Prince going 11th to HOU and then trades back into the first round with PIT at 31 to draft the QB Kapernick. Matt doesnt detail the trades but I would assume that we would have given up our own 2nd and 3rd rounders for number 31.

Personally, I would rather draft Prince at 10 and Ayers at 31 and then draft Locker with the Redskins 2nd rounder if im still drafting a QB and if he's there at that point.

Of course, I dont think ARZ would draft Peterson. It's either QB or Miller fr them. I'm leaning towards Gabbert for ARZ because Fitz has one year left on his contract and cant be franchised in 2012 so not drafting a QB to throw him the ball would be stupid because he'll just leave for free in 2012. And yeah, ARZ would get a 3rd rounder as compensation in 2013 but thats nowhere close to what ARZ would get in an actual trade.

I can definitely see Peterson falling to 7 and if he does, I draft him in a heartbeat unless someone is willing to give me their first rounder this year and next year. HOU is rumored to be in love with him. I would have no problem trading down with HOU and still getting Prince plus their 2012 first rounder. That would be awesome even though I still prefer Peterson over all.

Thoughts on Matt's mock draft???
Couple things right off my head:

1. Haven't seen Maiocco's mock draft.

2. Don't care to see it - he's a writer for a specific team, his knowledge of the NFL in its entirety isn't as great as others. I think he does a great job covering the 49ers, but he's almost certainly focused on the small sampling of players that the 49ers have contacted (Kaepernick being one of them). So what i'm trying to say is.....

3. Take it with a grain of salt.

4. It is very likely that AZ takes Peterson. I tend to agree with you on the "QB or Miller for AZ", but.... 1. Newton, 3. Miller, 4. Gabbert, leaves Arizona almost forced to take Peterson. Agree?

5. We've already addressed the Quinn vs. Amukamara topic here and there's plenty of reasons to take either of them. I still lean towards Amukamara, but Robert Quinn is potentially our Demarcus Ware type player off the edge.

6. Kaepernick? Locker? Dalton? Gabbert Newton? Dan77733? Ponder? At this point for me, I have some personal preferences but ultimately if Jim harbaugh says Mike Iupati is our best chance at QB, i'm going to support him. He knows far more than I could ever dream. If he sees it in Kaepernick, good. If he sees it in Locker, good. I just want it to represent some kind of "value".
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ft-epis-1.html

Here the mock Dan is talking about. Matt Barrows put it together and it is Star Wars themed (Which I heart).

If Peterson and Miller are off the board I think it would be a tough spot for SF to be in. Gabbert fits into the mold of what Harbaugh is looking for and (as posters have pointed out) he was recruited by Jimmy. But if the Redskins offer a swap of picks and 2012 1st rounder that would be hard to turn that down......of course you take the risk that there is no draft next season /GASP

Been thinking about it and I think Gabbert will be there at 7. Bengals and Cardinals beat writers have held firm that their respective teams will not take Gabbert. As I said above it will be interesting if Peterson and Miller are off the board and SF is picking between Gabbert, Quinn, and Prince.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
4. It is very likely that AZ takes Peterson. I tend to agree with you on the "QB or Miller for AZ", but.... 1. Newton, 3. Miller, 4. Gabbert, leaves Arizona almost forced to take Peterson. Agree?

5. We've already addressed the Quinn vs. Amukamara topic here and there's plenty of reasons to take either of them. I still lean towards Amukamara, but Robert Quinn is potentially our Demarcus Ware type player off the edge.

6. Kaepernick? Locker? Dalton? Gabbert Newton? Dan77733? Ponder? At this point for me, I have some personal preferences but ultimately if Jim harbaugh says Mike Iupati is our best chance at QB, i'm going to support him. He knows far more than I could ever dream. If he sees it in Kaepernick, good. If he sees it in Locker, good. I just want it to represent some kind of "value".
I think CIN drafts Green at 4 and a QB in the 2nd. Personally, I still see Palmer playing. TO and Chad have to be gone first and I think that he'll change his mind. ARZ could always draft Quinn to be an OLB for them. I dont agree that Newton, Miller and Gabbert will be gone in the top 4.

Prince all the way for me.

If Harbaugh wanted to re-sign Alex, I dont think that its a guarantee that he'll find his QB this year which is also why I think he wanted to re-sign Alex. We have ten days to go and we'll find out. I have the day requested off from work so I can watch the draft online. Cant wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...ft-epis-1.html

Here the mock Dan is talking about. Matt Barrows put it together and it is Star Wars themed (Which I heart).

If Peterson and Miller are off the board I think it would be a tough spot for SF to be in. Gabbert fits into the mold of what Harbaugh is looking for and (as posters have pointed out) he was recruited by Jimmy. But if the Redskins offer a swap of picks and 2012 1st rounder that would be hard to turn that down......of course you take the risk that there is no draft next season /GASP

Been thinking about it and I think Gabbert will be there at 7. Bengals and Cardinals beat writers have held firm that their respective teams will not take Gabbert. As I said above it will be interesting if Peterson and Miller are off the board and SF is picking between Gabbert, Quinn, and Prince.
I dont think it would a tough spot at all because if Prince and Green are still there, I would have no problem drafting either at 7 if I have to. If WSH wants to trade up and offers their 10th overall draft pick and next year's first rounder, I would definitely take it because even if there's no draft next year, its not our draft pick to lose so no biggie. However, I would trade my 4th rounder to move up to 8 to draft Prince because I wouldnt want DAL to draft him or to see HOU trade with DAL to take him ahead of us. Basically, walking away with Prince and an extra first rounder in 2012 for just an extra fourth rounder would be a steal for us even if there is no draft next year because losing a 4th is worth the risk and gamble.

I think ARZ drafts Gabbert if Miller is gone. If Miller is still there, I think that they'll draft him instead of Gabbert. As for CIN, I still see them drafting Green which is what I would do if I was them. TO and Chad will be gone and having Green with Shipley and Gresham will be a good young core for Carson or whoever their franchise QB turns out to be. Also, drafting Green takes him away from CLE who'll definitely draft him at 6 to give McCoy an actual weapon at WR.

If SF is picking between Gabbert, Quinn and Prince at 7, my decision is easy. Any team want Gabbert??? If so and I can get next year's 1st rounder from WSH, I would definitely do that trade but I would be on the phone right afterwards with TEN about moving back up for Prince at 8. At 7, I draft Prince easily if I cant trade down with WSH. Even if Peterson was there and if HOU wantedto give up their 1st and 2nd or 3rd this year plus next year's 1st, I would be very tempted to make that trade but I would have to make sure that I would still get Prince.

For me, Peterson/Green/Gabbert/Newton are players that I would use as bait in order to get an extra first in 2012 and move down but still make sure I get Prince if I do. Quinn isnt on my radar whatsoever so I honestly could care less about him plus him being suspended for a year and being rusty eliminates him from my draft board entirely.

I still have Peterson, Green and Prince as my top 3 but would take Prince over Green because CB is a much greater need and we can release Clements. Free agency being delayed has really hurt us because we could have signed CB Richard Marshall to be a starter and not be as concerned about losing out on Peterson and Prince if that was to happen. UGH. What a crappy off-season. Oh well, at least NBA 2K11 is keeping me busy until the Draft.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Dan ,
You make some good points about trying to trade down if our big 3 are off the board.And I agree with you who is our big PP,Prince and green.Then us the QB as bait to maybe gain an extra pick next draft to maybe go after a QB if we don't get one this year.If we can get an 2012 pick first round.We can then use that two a first round QB or maybe picks to trade back into this year first round to grab some one.Or in another words if we trade back down to Skins spot ant number 10,why not take Locker there.That should be a safe spot.I really think our new coaching staff can work with him and fix his accuracy issues with in a year if we land a vet once FA start.Tho I doubt we pick him up sadly.

Count down to draft --- 9 hours and 21 mins until draft day!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dan ,
You make some good points about trying to trade down if our big 3 are off the board.And I agree with you who is our big PP,Prince and green.Then us the QB as bait to maybe gain an extra pick next draft to maybe go after a QB if we don't get one this year.If we can get an 2012 pick first round.We can then use that two a first round QB or maybe picks to trade back into this year first round to grab some one.Or in another words if we trade back down to Skins spot ant number 10,why not take Locker there.That should be a safe spot.I really think our new coaching staff can work with him and fix his accuracy issues with in a year if we land a vet once FA start.Tho I doubt we pick him up sadly.

Count down to draft --- 9 hours and 21 mins until draft day!
If SF was to some how come away with an extra first rounder for 2012, there's no way in hell I would trade that away in this year's draft especially if it's from WSH or HOU who could have a top 15 or top 10 draft pick again next year.

At 10, I would draft Prince over Locker. Locker is the only QB I have any interest in this year but he's not worth the 10th overall draft pick in my opinion.

Still prefer Peterson the most but if he's gone, I wouldnt mind trading down with WSH if Gabbert is still there at 7 for their 2012 first rounder or if HOU wanted to trade their 2012 first rounder and their 2011 2nd or 3rd for Peterson. Either way, I would still trade up for Prince at 8 to make sure DAL doesnt draft him and to make sure that HOU wouldnt jump in front of me for him. Basically, if we dont draft Peterson/Prince/Green/Miller, I'll be disappointed unless the trade down was a steal for us.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question for you Niner fans.. Working on my mock draft and I'm doing trades and I've though all along that PP wouldn't last to you and I've long wanted to mock Houston trading up to grab him and after hearing the rumors about it now, I pulled the trigger and with that being said, I'm also a believer that Arizona will not take Gabbert. I currently have it at Newton, Dareus, Miller, Peterson (to HOU), Quinn and AJ Green at 6.. My question to you guys is would Gabbert be the the pick for you at #7?
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

NO GABBERT just take prince DI or trade back down with some one.We all 9ers don't like Gabbert.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:28 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
Quick question for you Niner fans.. Working on my mock draft and I'm doing trades and I've though all along that PP wouldn't last to you and I've long wanted to mock Houston trading up to grab him and after hearing the rumors about it now, I pulled the trigger and with that being said, I'm also a believer that Arizona will not take Gabbert. I currently have it at Newton, Dareus, Miller, Peterson (to HOU), Quinn and AJ Green at 6.. My question to you guys is would Gabbert be the the pick for you at #7?
**** NO!!!!!

Prince Amukamara please. Thank you. :)
Old 04-19-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a tough question.

I personally have Prince ranked much higher than Gabbert - but the potential is certainly there for him to be everything you want in a franchise quarterback. He has better tools than any other quarterback not named Newton that we could draft in the 1st round.

That's a difficult spot to be in - I would NOT be stunned if Harbaugh had our reps sprint to the podium with either name on the card.

It's not as simple as the previous posters have made it sound.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I feel the same way king. I personally don't believe that Gabbert would be the pick either but having him fall in your laps would be a difficult decision. Just wanted to get a census and I think it's safe to say that we're all on the same page and believe Gabbert won't be a Niner. Thanks guys. I should have this mock posted in a day or 2. Should be a couple of rounds with trades
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The vast majority of 49ers fans simply don't want Gabbert or Newton regardless of what more knowledgable people think about them. I think it's mainly fear driven based on Alex Smith's track record. If Harbaugh has Gabbert as his #1 QB and rated as highly as many other reported "experts", I think he wouldn't hesitate at all to take him at #7.

But as for what the 49ers do if PP and Miller are taken...

It wouldn't surprise me to see HarBaalke move UP to get their man. And I wouldn't be against it.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers schedule:
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/team=SF
Notable games:
-First game is at home vs Seattle
-3 prime time games. Thanksgiving is the "Harbaugh Bowl"
-Short week between 15 and 16. MNF at home vs Steelers and then fly up to Seattle for a Saturday night game
-Just like last season final weeks may determine divison. 4 of last 5 games against divison oppenents.

I'm most fired up for week 2. Cowboys coming to the Stick. Gotta get tickets to that game.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:49 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont think that its a tough decision at all because its amazing that people seem to forget that if Luck was in the draft, NO ONE would even be talking about Newton and/or Gabbert and neither would be a top ten draft pick. This is basically 2005 all over again but unlike 2005, I say draft the best player at a position of need.

QB may be our biggest need but it doesnt have the best player available at that position. CB has the best player in Peterson and the second best player at CB would be Prince and BOTH are better than either Newton/Gabbert/QB of choice in my opinion and are worth the 7th overall draft pick.

While I would love Peterson the most, if he drops to 7 and HOU wants him as badly as the rumors say they do, I would trade down to 11 if they give me their 2012 first rounder and while the value is definitely in our favor (unless HOU gets in the playoffs in 2011), the Texans could definitely use a CB like Peterson to shutdown half the field especially when you're playing Manning twice a season. Not only that but the defense is bad and will be in a transition year as they're going back to the 3-4. A player of Peterson's caliber easily warrants a future first rounder.

While very unlikely, if Newton/Gabbert was to fall to 7 with Peterson and WSH wants Newton/Gabbert that badly and want to give me their 10th overall draft pick plus their 2012 first rounder, I would do that trade instead but right afterwards, I would offer my 10th overall draft pick and my 4th rounder to TEN for number 8 because Peterson would still be there. I trade up and then make the same offer to HOU for Peterson.

Imagine that, getting the Redskins and Texans first rounders for 2012 and have our own. Then, draft Prince at 10. We have our franchise CB and three first rounders in 2012 which would definitely be enough to move all the way up to number one for QB Andrew Luck. Of course, HOU could offer TEN more to move up to 8 and if thats the case, oh well. At least I would still get Prince and have two first rounders in 2012.

Personally, I have a feeling that Harbaugh is going to use Newton, Gabbert, Peterson and Green as trade bait for a 2012 first rounder. While Luck could stay in school for 2012, I think Harbaugh knows that he wont and will make sure he does whatever he has to do in order to get him in 2012. Not only that but why else would he try to re-sign Smith to a one year deal? It's because Harbaugh is going to use 2011 as a transition year (which it is), solidify other positions that need to be solidified and then just sit back and wait to get Luck(y) in 2012. So, in 8 days if Harbaugh someway somehow comes away with an extra first rounder for 2012 from a team like WSH or HOU who could have a top 15 or top 10 draft pick in 2012, dont be surprised if he passes on a QB altogether and waits for 2012 to draft one instead.

And here's a question for everyone here -

While it's unlikely to happen, if Newton, Gabbert, Miller, Peterson and Prince are all drafted in the top 6 but CLE passes on WR A.J. Green, would you draft Green at 7 or trade down for a team that wants him (like WSH)?

Me personally, like with Peterson or a QB, I would want a 2012 first rounder in addition to the team's current first rounder but anything less than that, I draft him myself and move on.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:01 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
But as for what the 49ers do if PP and Miller are taken...

It wouldn't surprise me to see HarBaalke move UP to get their man. And I wouldn't be against it.
If Peterson and Miller are gone, I draft Prince/Green or trade down but still make sure I get Prince. If SF trades down and doesnt get Prince, I would trade down again a few spots and draft Pouncey. Solidify the OL and get rid of Rachal. With the extra draft picks, could always trade back into the first round for a CB, QB or an OLB.

Move up? For who exactly? Peterson? He's the only player I would even think about in regards to trading up but I seriously hope we dont at all. I stay at 7, draft Peterson/Prince/Green and move on or trade down if I can get a team's 2012 first rounder but still make sure I get Prince.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
49ers schedule:
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/interactive#/team=SF
Notable games:
-First game is at home vs Seattle
-3 prime time games. Thanksgiving is the "Harbaugh Bowl"
-Short week between 15 and 16. MNF at home vs Steelers and then fly up to Seattle for a Saturday night game
-Just like last season final weeks may determine divison. 4 of last 5 games against divison oppenents.

I'm most fired up for week 2. Cowboys coming to the Stick. Gotta get tickets to that game.
Our schedule looks pretty difficult. Combine that with a new coach and it could be another long season. Hopefully that long season is a promising one though.

Quote: