Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
top ten posts of all time.
Praise from Caesar!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow... Did I kill the Cowboys homerism? I feel kind of bad about that...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-28-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without a doubt the Patriots are the best franchise in the NFL, but in the overall realm of the game and it's history there's the Packers, Cowboys, 49ers, and Steelers. Those four organizations are filled with great history and love of the game. The Patriots can be considered a great franchise but presently do not deserve to be in the same breath as those four.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Wow... Did I kill the Cowboys homerism? I feel kind of bad about that...
how does an avid eagles fan feel bad about squashing anything remotely related the cowboys?? and it is always a good thing to kill cowboys homerism.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I hate homerism in general. If an Eagles fan tried to say that Dawkins was the best safety of all time, I'd slap him. I have detested the self-given and self-promoted "America's Team" moniker for many years. I'm also having a bit of a crappy day, so I let it out on the Cowboys fans. I have nothing legitimately against the Cowboys as an organization. As a division rival, I hope they have no success ever again. I feel the same way about the Giants and Redskins. Doesn't mean I can't co-exist with their fans...

Old 03-28-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion, the best franchise is one that gets the job done but doesn't reward the wrong people.

The Colts brought every staff member to the SB, that says a lot to me.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bsaza's rep has 'skyrocketed,' as it were, from just one post. A sign of a job well done.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Bsaza's rep has skyrocketed, from just one post. A sign of a job well done.
I don't post here for rep. That post was a result of a bad day and long-term frustration with the Cowboy franchise's self-important attitude. I hate any group that believes itself to be above the rest.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
I don't post here for rep. That post was a result of a bad day and long-term frustration with the Cowboy franchise's self-important attitude. I hate any group that believes itself to be above the rest.
That wasn't what I was implying. What I was stating, was that post was long overdue, and in general, uplifted those who aren't Cowboys fans on this forum, i.e what seems to be the minority.

I agree with njx, one of the best posts, at least in a while. It made me say "thank you" to the computer monitor.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-28-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Haha. I appreciate the dap from a poster who I have long respected. About a year ago, I was ready to leave the forum, but guys like Shiver made me stay.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
How is this even a question?

It is easily, the Cowboys, and I am not being a homer. The Cowboys are tied for most CHampionships, have the most conference titles, most playoff wins, most playoff appeariances, and most divison titles. Not to mention they are the most known team and famous team by far, and america's team. This isn't even a debate.
Try again.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Of All Time either the Steelers or the Dolphins. Dolphins have a better record since the merger. Steelers have the rings and contender tradition. Could go with Cowboys or 49ers for Championships as well, but their success didn't span multiple decades.
Not to nitpick or anything, but SF's dynasty spanned the 80's and 90's, basically running from '81-'98. The team was consistently very competitive and had a legitimate shot at a championship in every one of those years, except the strike-shortened '82 season. So the Niners' success definitely spanned two decades, and hence "multiple decades."

And bsaza, that was fantastic. Thanks for saying what every non-Cowboy's fan has been thinking for decades.

Last edited by stl9erfan : 03-28-2007 at 05:42 PM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All time? Gotta be the Packers or the Bears.

It's not called Titletown for no reason...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
all time? miami, pittsburgh, dallas and san francisco are right up there, with denver carrying the rear.

lately? new england (clearly), denver, philly
Woah woah woah. It pains me to see someone I consider very intelligent make such a stupid comment.

All time you've got Miami and Denver over Green Bay and Chicago?

Nuh-uh.

I've done my top ten historically ranked franchise post before and it would take way too much writing to effectively explain it again, but both teams historically have a lot more going for them than Miami or Denver. Add those two with Pittsburgh, Dallas, and San Fran and you've got your top 5 followed by the Redskins, Giants, Oakland, Miami, Denver, New England, and Cleveland.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-28-2007 at 05:52 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: FOOTBALL EXISTED BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL.

PICK UP A ******* BOOK SOMETIME, OR AT LEAST MAKE FRIENDS WITH WIKIPEDIA

I poop on the knowledge of some people in this thread.

GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant beleive someone even mentioned the Eagles in this... They never even won a title hahaha.

BTW the answer to this is either the Packers or Steelers.
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just because the Cowboys call themselves America's Team doesn't mean they're really "America's Team" in any way. That is self-patronizing BS. The Yankees have 26 World Championships and dress in blue and white (with a little red). Baseball is America's Game. The Yankees don't call themselves "America's Team". The Boston Celtics are the most dominant franchise in NBA history. Bill Russell has 11 championship rings. Basketball is an American-made sport. The Celtics hail from the Cradle of American Liberty. They don't call themselves "America's Team".

From now on, I'm going to refer to myself as "America's Poster". I'm sure fans of Bsaza2358 will follow suit. Does this sound selfish, self-serving, and make me look like a douchebag? Absolutely. How do you think the Cowboys look when they spout off with the America's Team crap?

Signed,

Bsaza2358
America's Poster

Oh, that's nice Bsaza and very true. Props

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
Super Bowl Victories

5:

49ers
Cowboys
Steelers

3:

Packers
Patriots
Raiders
Redskins

There was football before the superbowl ya know.

they get smoked.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
The most well-run franchise IMO is the Eagles. It hasn't translated to a ring yet, but there's no reason to think it won't. They don't overspend for players, and they replace aging talent almost immediately with good drafting. Great coaching all around as well.
EAGLES!!!:) :)

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All time in terms of championships
Packers
Bears
Giants

All time in terms of wins
Bears
Packers
Giants

But the past is just a memory. As of right now it's the Patriots, Colts, and Denver. Those 3 teams pop up into my head as solid competitors every year.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
There was football before the superbowl ya know.
no ****.

i'm just stating the obvious since the football knowledge of most people on this site doesnt extend to pre 1967.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In recent history, easily the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Philly Eagles, Carolina Panthers.

Historically Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Greenbay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
no ****.

i'm just stating the obvious since the football knowledge of most people on this site doesnt extend to pre 1967.
Try 1997.

Pineapple.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
In recent history, easily the Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots, Philly Eagles, Carolina Panthers.

Historically Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Greenbay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys.
For your recent I don't see how you can put Carolina in the same category as NE, same with Baltimore. Well really you can't put anyone with them.

Also what are we considering recent? since 1990, 96, 2000, 2002, what?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its the Bears, Packers and Giants historically. Steelers also get the nod.