In between the section in my 2,500 word essay about hip hop in France and Japan I have this written: Just to the north of the origins of hip hop is Canada. They really don't like hip hop up there. Drake tried to bring it popularity, but instead they made him fall on stage and put him in a wheel chair on an international television show in an attempt to embarrass him and ruin his rap career. He became fed up with the treatment from his Canadians and the bland taste of Tim Hortons and left to work with Lil Wayne in the United States of America.
Thoughts on Lupe:
1. Amazing artist, but most of his show had me thinking he was only a good performer.
2. His performance was somewhat disappointing, but it could be due to my expectations
3. Lacked energy most of the show with the mic stand
4. Once he got rid of it for Daydream, he went H.A.M.
5. Know the school you're at man. WE ARE... PENN STATE.... not University of Pennsylvania.
I'm reading the book Empire State of Mind, basically an unofficial Jay-Z biography with interviews from DJ Clark Kent, Jaz-O, Damon Dash, and some others. Really interesting ****. Anyway, I learned this was his first recorded verse, straight off the top of the head. He actually spent a couple of hours ******* with the producers before just throwing this verse together.