Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
Yeah, Yanda is a outstanding player. He is a great guard and a pretty good RT. I don't think that Chester is very good at all, but having a guy who can fill in at multiple positions on the O line is valuable. He is nothing more that a backup, but he is a backup I would like to see back as long as its a reasonable deal.
Chris Chester is down right awful at times, I think we can all agree on that.
I'd much rather have Yanda back but he got torched at times last year. He seems way more comfortable at guard, I like the guy I just think he's asking for too much money. And when it comes down to it, Gaither is a whole lot better than Yanda.
-PS, I think re-signing Haloti Ngata is a given.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming we bring back Ngata....

1. Marshall Yanda - Might be the best RG in football and had a very solid year at RT. Certainly held his own against Lamarr Woodley. Only gave up 4 sacks on the years if I recall correctly. He is one of the better O-Lineman in the league at two positions. Very valuable player.

2. Josh Wilson - We finally got a legitimate starting caliber CB who still fairly young and is only gonna get better. Even if we drafted one early, I still wouldn't feel comfortable going into next year without Wilson.

3. Jared Gaither - Although it seems bringing Gaither back would solve a lot of our issues across the O-Line, it only helps if Yanda is also back. I'd love to have him back but I've gotten used to idea with life without him. I can't say the same out the two names above.

4. Le'Ron McClain - McClain's value is higher this year than last year with Willis out the door. I'm really hoping we draft a quality RB fairly early on because I don't trust Parmele/Lawrence to do anything behind Raymell. I'd be interesting if we brought in a FB if we would use Le'Ron more like he was used in '08.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Assuming we bring back Ngata....

1. Marshall Yanda - Might be the best RG in football and had a very solid year at RT. Certainly held his own against Lamarr Woodley. Only gave up 4 sacks on the years if I recall correctly. He is one of the better O-Lineman in the league at two positions. Very valuable player.

2. Josh Wilson - We finally got a legitimate starting caliber CB who still fairly young and is only gonna get better. Even if we drafted one early, I still wouldn't feel comfortable going into next year without Wilson.

3. Jared Gaither - Although it seems bringing Gaither back would solve a lot of our issues across the O-Line, it only helps if Yanda is also back. I'd love to have him back but I've gotten used to idea with life without him. I can't say the same out the two names above.

4. Le'Ron McClain - McClain's value is higher this year than last year with Willis out the door. I'm really hoping we draft a quality RB fairly early on because I don't trust Parmele/Lawrence to do anything behind Raymell. I'd be interesting if we brought in a FB if we would use Le'Ron more like he was used in '08.
since the draft is coming before free agency, I might flip Jared Gaither with Josh Wilson(if we draft a corner like Smith, Harris, Williams)

If we go with a o-linemen early, then I'd move Yanda or Gaither down on that list.

who stays and who goes via free agency is all going to depend on the draft.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, having the draft before free agency is adding an interesting angle this year. Generally Ozzie likes to address needs via free agency so then we're able to draft BPA, but it might be different this year. I doubt much will change with our strategy but it's something I'll be looking for with all of the teams.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys I wanted to get a quick opinion from you guys about Paul Kruger.

Was it a mistake trying to make him into a 3-4 DE?
Should we have kept him and used him as a 3-4 OLB in passing downs?

Is it still possible to have him lose weight and rush the passer opposite of Suggs in a rotation?
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what I was most impressed with Kruger pass coverage his rookie year in pre season. But w/ his motor I think thats what made us think he would be a good 34 DE. The thing is he needs to gain weight. He weighed 275 this season, he needs to be 285 minimum to play 34 DE.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kruger doesn't have the explosiveness off the edge to be a 3-4 OLB, so no I don't think we should have kept him there. He's pretty much a backup or decent rotational player, and the 3-4 DE position he plays for us requires 4-3 LDE skills as well so I doubt he has to add too much more weight at this point.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he weighs 275 he has to add weight, that is solid 34 de weight. Redding weighs 295 so Kruger still needs to gain weight. Still I dont see Kruger stoping us from taking a 34 DE like WIlkerson
Old 04-27-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
If he weighs 275 he has to add weight, that is solid 34 de weight. Redding weighs 295 so Kruger still needs to gain weight. Still I dont see Kruger stoping us from taking a 34 DE like WIlkerson
And I maintain that we don't use a "true" 3-4 defensive end at that spot. I was under the impression he was around 280 and I think that's just fine for that role. Redding isn't a good example of the ideal player we want across from Ngata.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think Wilkerson could fit this role perfectly even at 315. Im really starting to like Wilkerson but Im nervous he wont be at our pick
Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It feels like Christmas Eve

This weekend I'm feeling DT Muhammad Wilkerson, WR Edmond Gates, ILB Casey Mathews, CB Demarcus Van Dyke, CB Rashad Carmichael, WR Cecil Shorts, Owen FB Marecic, & C Ryan Bartholomew

Didn't bother with rounds because of trades from days 2 and 3 being impossible to predict. I don't expect any of these to turn out to be the right picks, but I think we'll be looking at them

Last edited by America : 04-28-2011 at 04:44 AM.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man.. Da'Quan Bowers will most likely be on the board, and Baltimore is 2 picks away. Ozzie will most definitely pull the trigger (depending on the exact medical status of the knee)
Could be such a fantastic pick, I'm so excited
Old 04-28-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Jimmy Smith im shocked. But talent wise no debate a big steal
Old 04-28-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

As much as I think Jimmy Smith is a crappy person, I think he's a terrific man to man corner. Super physical, great size and speed combo, awesome potential too. I'm confident our locker room (Lewis,Ngata,Rice,Reed) will make sure this guy doesn't mess up his life. He needs to re-evaluate his decision making and who he is as a person, definitely a grade A pick
Old 04-28-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Talent wise, we got the best steal in the draft

however, this pick can go south in so many ways. We have to make sure we baby this kid and feed him all the right things.

He will be in the perfect locker room, let's hope and pray this kid doesn't turn into another Chris McAlister or Aqib Talib.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Awesome first round pick, my favorite with who was left on the board. It looks like we did a ton of research on Smith so I'm confident in the selection. We have a strong organization and I believe we can straighten Smith out. From what I read his character problems were all in the past anyways. So exited for us to finally have a big lock-down corner again.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

How much playing time do you guys think he will get? I think he can step in right away and be our nickel. I wonder if we will re-sign carr now. Washington is def out of here. I wonder if Carr wll be too
Old 04-28-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the Ravens had a solid pick. I really like Smith, but the dude just screams problems. I wish him luck, but I'd be scared if I were Raven fans.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I'm not totally worried about his problems since none of them were recent, at least from what I've read. The concern is definitely there though.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JIMMMMMMMAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

So pumped right now. Though I was pretty flustered with the whole pick fiasco.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I'm not totally worried about his problems since none of them were recent, at least from what I've read. The concern is definitely there though.
I think I read that he had coke in one of his FB pictures. I could be wrong. With that said, it's a great risk to take.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea its going to be interesting to see what he does when he is making millions. It is definetly a risk but it can pay off very very well.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I think I read that he had coke in one of his FB pictures. I could be wrong. With that said, it's a great risk to take.
Hmm... That's not good lol. Facebook has been around for a few years though, maybe/hopefully it wasn't recent? Oh well, still the right pick to make in that spot.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
stop trolling hines.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he screws up put him in a ring with Zbi. I don't think people realize though how much of a physical specimen he is. He's a flippin huge corner with nice speed and hips.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote