Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-12-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never been so clueless as to what were gonna do with our 1st pick. I guess its a good thing that we can pretty much pick any position. As to myself, I have pretty much concluded that locker will be gone by our pick.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Probably because Scott's been slipping lately. Can't fault the man for having personal issues to deal with, but the site has definitely suffered.

A couple weeks from the start of the draft and there are still high round prospects without a scouting report. That can't help but send people searching elsewhere. Sometimes, they like what they find and stay.
I was just curious because one day half the people that post on here seemed to be gone. The only thing I heard was that the posted a link to another site, but I could be wrong on that one. If anyone knows what happened I would love a pm if possible.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, unfortunately Scott hasn't done as much as he has previously...I miss those weekly draft chats they helped me learn a lot.

But as for our pick, personally I want to trade down, pick up some more picks, and start drafting BPA. Too many holes, not enough impact players.

QB would be nice, but I don't think taking Mallet at 25 is smart when he will likely be there at the beginning of the second round, unless Locker, Newton, Gabbert go really, really fast. Even then, there is no QB that I really think is worth a first round pick.

My viewpoint on Mallet is that of this group, he is the only one that I think could become an elite QB, BUT I can also see him becoming another Ryan Leaf. So would I take him in the first? No. But early second then yes. Something about 8 picks just takes so much pressure off of a player in terms of expectations.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to NFL Network's Mike Lombardi, the Seahawks high enough on Ryan Mallett to strongly consider him at No. 25.
"(The Seahawks) have done a lot of work on him," Lombardi says. "There is a feeling that (the Seahawks) hope he gets down to their pick at 25. I think he does fit what they want to do offensively. He can run a pro style. They don’t feel the problems off the field are as bad as some people might suspect." It wouldn't be surprising if Seattle was willing to overlook some of Mallett's character concerns. They need a quarterback in the worst way.
Related: Seahawks
Source: NFL.com
Other rumors:

- We don't view Brandon Mebane as a building block. We only put a 3rd-round tender on him. DT may be addressed in the draft.

- We view Max Unger as a center and will let Chris Spencer go. This also leaves a hole at guard.

I'm fine with letting Spencer go but I do not want to give up on Mebane at all.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Unger comment just makes me cringe. At least Spencer is solid there, he's not spectacular but he was our most consistent player on the OL last year. He will never be a Pro Bowler, but he is a starter.

I'm not sure if Unger is actually gonna amount to anything in the league. He has issues with his strength where he just gets pushed around. We'd have a lot clearer picture if Unger hadn't gotten hurt early this year.

I think that we're looking at more those hybrid 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE players. We need effective depth behind Red Bryant in the worse way. I don't think they are giving up on Mebane, but someone to put beside him that can actually take the offense's attention off of him on passing downs would be nice.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Not gonna lie, I really do not want Ryan Mallet. I'm thinking we just say **** it and go BPA.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take a QB, I want it to be Mallett. At #25, the risk is minimal. It's not like we're passing on obvious blue-chip prospects, especially in a weak draft.

This could be a franchise-altering draft. If we take the wrong QB, we could become cellar-dwellers for the next few years. If we take the right one, we could get back to being a perennial playoff contender.

And if we roll with Whitehurst and/or Hasselbeck, ignoring QB this year (probably not a terrible idea), we'll continue to be mediocre until we address the position (with the VERY slim chance that Whitehurst Kurt Warner's us).
Old 04-17-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking I'm going to try my hardest to trade down in the forum mock. Any objections ha?
Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
If we take a QB, I want it to be Mallett. At #25, the risk is minimal. It's not like we're passing on obvious blue-chip prospects, especially in a weak draft.

This could be a franchise-altering draft. If we take the wrong QB, we could become cellar-dwellers for the next few years. If we take the right one, we could get back to being a perennial playoff contender.

And if we roll with Whitehurst and/or Hasselbeck, ignoring QB this year (probably not a terrible idea), we'll continue to be mediocre until we address the position
If we don't get a different QB, that 7-9, 8-8 range is going to be our ceiling. not to mention our schedule is going to be harder next year due to making the playoffs.

Quote:
(with the VERY slim chance that Whitehurst Kurt Warner's us).
Which would be awesome beyond all belief. But I think it's probably cruel of you even to suggest that could happen, because Whitehurst's got nothing.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Schneider hinting that he wants to trade out of the first round (there would be several takers i believe). Not sure that anything these guys say at this stage of the process is believable. If he means it as a blanket statement then it means he doesnt want to take a QB like a Locker or a Mallett that may fall to him. I find this rather curious and disturbing. Something tells me they are going about it the wrong way but will reserve judgement for draft day. If they pass on Locker to trade down and draft a guard in the second round Pete is going to look like the biggest idiot out there in a year or two.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Schnieder admitted last year that they were planning on trading down form 14, but Earl Thomas fell to them and he was too good to pass up. I think it's the same thing in that the players that they want, they think are going to be gone before they pick.

However if someone is there that is one of their first choices, then I don't see them trading down.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to take a peak at the forum mock and give me some input on my upcoming pick, go for it!

Quote:
-- He said it was important for head coach Pete Carroll in his first year to make the playoffs, but also admitted to cringing a little after watching the Seahawks defeat St. Louis in the final game of the season -- a win that cost the Seahawks a drop from No. 8 to No. 25.
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...ob/#more-10151

I'm kinda surprised he admitted that haha but looks like we weren't the only ones.

Last edited by Cicero : 04-19-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
If anyone wants to take a peak at the forum mock and give me some input on my upcoming pick, go for it!

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...ob/#more-10151

I'm kinda surprised he admitted that haha but looks like we weren't the only ones.
GM types think a little differant than players and coaches, who try to win every game no matter what (cant blame them). Another issue with picking #25 as opposed to #9 is it takes effect in every round.

If the Seahawks had a top 10 pick what would the discussion be like in here. They might at the end of the day trade down anyways.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
GM types think a little differant than players and coaches, who try to win every game no matter what (cant blame them). Another issue with picking #25 as opposed to #9 is it takes effect in every round.

If the Seahawks had a top 10 pick what would the discussion be like in here. They might at the end of the day trade down anyways.
I would most likely not want to trade down from #9. If we managed to snag Robert Quinn or AJ Green I would jump for joy. I wouldn't mind getting Tyron or Aldon Smith there either honestly.

It seems like too often by 25 the only guys left are DTs or OTs who don't belong in the first round but continue to be mocked there. Unless Mebane leaves our starting line is pretty solid and while we need depth, I don't think a backup for Cole, Mebane, or Bryant is where we need to go with our first round pick. If we could get Quinn or Smith I think it would be worth using more traditional 4-3 looks on running downs and we could do some 3-4 looks on passing downs because I think either one of those guys could play OLB and I know Clemons could.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I would most likely not want to trade down from #9. If we managed to snag Robert Quinn or AJ Green I would jump for joy. I wouldn't mind getting Tyron or Aldon Smith there either honestly.

It seems like too often by 25 the only guys left are DTs or OTs who don't belong in the first round but continue to be mocked there. Unless Mebane leaves our starting line is pretty solid and while we need depth, I don't think a backup for Cole, Mebane, or Bryant is where we need to go with our first round pick. If we could get Quinn or Smith I think it would be worth using more traditional 4-3 looks on running downs and we could do some 3-4 looks on passing downs because I think either one of those guys could play OLB and I know Clemons could.
They could have the Steel Curtain up front and they arent going anywhere till they get their QB situation straightened out and i dont mean by bringing back Hasselbeck.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I've swung back to wishing for Brandon Harris. I'm starting to be more and more convinced that any QB who's going to be available at #25 is a guy who's going to be a reach at #25. Take the solid DB. It's a need, and Harris would be a good value pick as well. And he bats balls into the air all the time, which is the way Earl Thomas likes it.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
I think I've swung back to wishing for Brandon Harris. I'm starting to be more and more convinced that any QB who's going to be available at #25 is a guy who's going to be a reach at #25. Take the solid DB. It's a need, and Harris would be a good value pick as well. And he bats balls into the air all the time, which is the way Earl Thomas likes it.
Not that familiar with Harris but i think corner is a major need. I'd even look at OT if one of the better ones were there at 25. the thing with the QBs is unless it's Locker or Mallett anything we take is probably reaching on a second round pick. Might as well just take one with their second and at that point it could be Kaepernick or Dalton and that is a realistic spot for those guys.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Final ([semi]realistic) first-round wish list:

1. Jake Locker
2. Cameron Jordan (Fully expect him to be gone.)
3. Brandon Harris
4. Greg Little (Not a need, per se, and most might call it a reach, but I've definitely got a first-round grade on him and we need some playmakers. He'd be a BPA pick.)
5. Gabe Carimi (He's a solid run-blocking RT, and that's what we need.)

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-27-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

It is interesting the difference of opinions that we have. My feelings on your list:

Locker and Jordan will be long gone in my opinion.

I personally feel that Brandon Harris is overrated. I'd take him early second, but I have serious doubts about him ever turning into a franchise CB.

If you have a 1st round grade on Little thats great, but I think with the year off from football, I have serious doubts that he will go in the first. More likely a player we pick up in the second or third. Concerns about maturity are probably valid, which could make him available in the 3rd. At that point he becomes a steal if he turns out and nothing if he doesn't.

I actually like Carimi a lot. I think he could end up on the left side, but I kind of feel like we'd spend that pick on an OG or DT/DE before we spent it on a RT. I also think that there is a chance that he is gone depending on if there is a run on OT's somewhere in the draft.

I feel like the best option that Hawks have is to move back into the early second, pick up an extra third, and draft Kaepernick.

My QB rankings actually go like this:

Tier 1 (Most likely to succeed): Gabbert, Locker, Mallet
Tier 2 (Boom or Bust): Newton, Kaepernick
Tier 3 (Don't touch until R4): Ponder (he would be tier 2 if I didn't think he'd get injured if you blew on him), Stanzi, Dalton

Where I think Gabbert is at worst a career backup, Mallet is just too good to bust, Locker I'm 50/50 on if he's going to bust, it depends on what situation he gets put into. His work ethic and attitude are really the things that make me think he'll be a success though.

My other thought is that Newton is going to start to bust and then become David Garrard-ish. He likes being in the spotlight too much to completely bust.

Last edited by summond822 : 04-27-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

So, I'm hearing that the Seahawks are interested in trading for Carson Palmer. From multiple sources it sounds like they could get him for a 5th and a conditional (likely 3rd) and that a deal is already in place, or at least has been talked about.

I think the thing that drove the price down was Palmer saying that he would only negotiate with Seattle.

I am all for this move and then drafting a young QB to sit behind Palmer for a couple of years and really groom them for being the QB of the future. Since we're less than a day away from the draft, might as well put it in the draft thread.

How do you think this affects the Seahawks draft and what is your opinion on this?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I don't know if Brandon Harris is a "franchise CB," but besides Nnamdi and Revis... who really is, you know? I just see him as a solid player in our secondary. I like that he tackles and bats a lot of balls. I still think he'd have some problems trying to cover Larry Fitzgerald. But I like the way he plays.

And to get Carson Palmer for a little more than we traded for Whitehurst... yeah. Let's do that. That sounds a hell of a lot better to me than drafting Mallett or Ponder or someone.

Basically, and I'll just say it again, I think at #25, with all our needs, we just ought to go BPA. I know we need O-linemen, I know we need D-lineman... but we can't fix it all at once. What we really, really need are some standout players at any position.

And Harris, Little and Carimi weren't really in a specific order, I'd be ok with any of them.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Alright guys, it's gonna start soon. Here's hoping we don't completely **** this draft up! lol

Old 04-28-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Harris isn't being mocked in the first by the best insiders. I doubt we consider him at #25.

I think we'll move. Probably down but possibly up.

I think we'll take a long, long look at Da'Quan Bowers if he falls.

I really have NO IDEA. There are so many possibilities I can't even come up with a list.

My final mock has us taking Ras-I Dowling. I guess I'll stick to that.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

are you ******* kidding me? why did we not take bowers? fuckkkkkkkkk

Old 04-28-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Who wants to tie a cinder block to their leg and jump into Lake Washington with me?