Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Day(s) Thread

Opinion on our picks.... trade downs.... and guys on the board we really want. Draft rumors, all of the kind...

Want all of this in one thread so we can keep organized ;)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it really looks like we're in for both an exciting night and a disappointing one(as always). Can't wait until we all sit in this thread talking "HERE COMES THE TRADE GUYS!" and then it never happens :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha heres to hoping for robert quinn.... but a trade would be a nice change of pace

Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that's the case, we REALLY feel strongly about Quinn....and that's probably a good sign.

Nice to talk with you guys too, I've missed you all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe since Bill Parcells doesn't work for Miami anymore, we can ask him who the best rush linebacker is in the draft. he seems to know something about them.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

His draft special was fantastic stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

NFL Network sources(which are usually good) are reporting that we "absolutely will not" trade up to either #9 or #6. No word on #10 yet, but I think we can reasonable assume that's likely grouped in there too. I'm not buying it at this point either way yet. I don't think there's any way to be sure either way until it either happens or doesn't with this team. Something that big would never leak without some kind of objective behind it getting out there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Maybe since Bill Parcells doesn't work for Miami anymore, we can ask him who the best rush linebacker is in the draft. he seems to know something about them.
Bobby Carpenter? LOL
J/K i totally agree with what you stated.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

jay glazer is reporting robert quinn is falling due to medical concerns.... id love to jump and get him if he falls but the medical concerns is scary

Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
jay glazer is reporting robert quinn is falling due to medical concerns.... id love to jump and get him if he falls but the medical concerns is scary
I've been saying this for a while. People have been mocking Quinn top 12 all spring based on that great one year he had. But he has so many serious question marks that it won't surprise me at all if he doesn't go until some time in the twenties.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That would certainly play into our favor.

....we'll pass on him anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I've been saying this for a while. People have been mocking Quinn top 12 all spring based on that great one year he had. But he has so many serious question marks that it won't surprise me at all if he doesn't go until some time in the twenties.
hes def worth the risk at that point in my opinion

Old 04-28-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft is just so weak there are only three guys that will go top 10 that I really would even be interested in for the Pats.. and two of those are WR's. I almost hope they trade back from 17 because other than Kerrigan there isn't a single guy that will be available in the 10 to 20 range that I really would be excited to get.

Kerrigan and Heyward are probably the two guys I like most and I don't expect the Pats to take either one.

There are guys in the 25 to 50 range that I like better than most of the top 20 guys.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

BB is on NFLN right now. Denied everything.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
BB is on NFLN right now. Denied everything.
Just a fountain of information isnt he?

I'm thinking they'll sit tight and get a good DE at #17 and then trade the 28th pick to someone desperate for a QB.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

If that's the way it breaks, I'm more than happy with that. Tennessee's on again off again Mallet crush could really work to our advantage if he falls.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

The rumor now is 17 and 60 to Dallas to move up for Jordan, and also making the same offer to Minnesota. While i don't think they should trade up for Jordan, this move would at least still leave them with 28 and 33 and they could regain a pick or two by moving one or both of those back.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm on board with it. Completely. Jordan is a dynamic player and just the kind of talent we need to add to a front seven that's starving for upside.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

17/60 for 9 or 12 in a heartbeat. I want any of the beastly pass rushers, namely Jordan. I am really hoping for a mad run on QB's early, too. The more QB's that go in the first the merrier.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

If the Pats were to trade up to 9 or 12 I'd actually rather they took Prince or Julio if they were somehow available than a guy like Jordan. You can probably get him later than 12 and even if you can't there are several very comparable players you can get at 17 or 28.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Disagree with that entirely. There's good players, but no one anywhere near as dynamic. We love versatility and Jordan oozes it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
sdotcarter33
Rookie

sdotcarter33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Just a fountain of information isnt he?

I'm thinking they'll sit tight and get a good DE at #17 and then trade the 28th pick to someone desperate for a QB.
i think for or 5 qb's will be gone by 28.
I'd be more then happy if we could get pouncey/jordan at # 17. I do see Quinn falling out of the top 10 unless someone moves up to get him.

Are you guys watching on nfln or espn?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdotcarter33 View Post
i think for or 5 qb's will be gone by 28.
I'd be more then happy if we could get pouncey/jordan at # 17. I do see Quinn falling out of the top 10 unless someone moves up to get him.

Are you guys watching on nfln or espn?
ESPN................

Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Draft hasn't even started yet and I'm already sick of the Cam-Newton-a-thon that is going on. Both channels that's all they have talked about for the last hour. Hope he goes first so we can move on from the Cam fest (fingers crossed).

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

I was hoping Denver would take Dareus so Buff would take Miller. Von Miller doesn't scare me nearly as much as Dareus does if I'm the Pats and I have to play him twice a year.

3 Anyone but Wolfe