Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alca1992 View Post
well im just saying that durant is way too skinny to play PF even right now hes a little skinny for SF. he needs to some muscle on
I know, which is why Gomes would be playing to deal with more muscular players. But the more I think about it, although thats okay, I like the scenario with Perkins starting better anyway.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Randolph Morris is gone, I wonder who's going #1? (:
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Smith what a pimp tonight 25 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks, 4 assists. Also Wizards won but Andre Iguodala was amazing with 26 points, 7 rebounds, 15 assists. I still will never forgive the Hawks for taking Josh Childress over Iguodala. Imagine how sick our 04 draft would have been if we took Iguodala at #6 (Iggy eventually went #9) and with the 17th pick we took Josh Smith which was a crazy steal as I had him top 5 pick the whole way through until the Wiz traded the #5 pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Kobe didn't get shut down. Its called an 'off game'.

Yea, Odoms pathetic when it comes to scoring.
You're right...23 points...that's better than half the league...but odom does suck at scoring...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Josh Smith what a pimp tonight 25 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks, 4 assists. Also Wizards won but Andre Iguodala was amazing with 26 points, 7 rebounds, 15 assists. I still will never forgive the Hawks for taking Josh Childress over Iguodala. Imagine how sick our 04 draft would have been if we took Iguodala at #6 (Iggy eventually went #9) and with the 17th pick we took Josh Smith which was a crazy steal as I had him top 5 pick the whole way through until the Wiz traded the #5 pick.
J.SMith will be a future 2 time Defensive Player of the Year - at least

I will never forgive the raps for taking Araujo at #8

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawks should of took Foye. Year before that CP3. That's old news though, argued to death. But honestly, Claxton and Lue are not exatctly the guys I would want running the offense. Even though Joe Johnson is capable of running the offense, a true PG would really help that team.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Hawks should of took Foye. Year before that CP3. That's old news though, argued to death. But honestly, Claxton and Lue are not exatctly the guys I would want running the offense. Even though Joe Johnson is capable of running the offense, a true PG would really help that team.
maybe Mo Williams will be a FA

Old 03-28-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The raps mirked the heat today, a complete game by just about everyone, a very great atmosphere in the ACC. Basketball is coming back to TO
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Mavs 60!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
The raps mirked the heat today, a complete game by just about everyone, a very great atmosphere in the ACC. Basketball is coming back to TO
I believe "mirked" is spelled mercked.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Last edited by DLS42 : 03-29-2007 at 12:14 AM.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Go Mavs 60!
Made the comeback without the Dirkzilla
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game for my boys tonight against Detroit at the UC. Gotta have this game. We're in the 5th slot right now, which makes no sense whatsoever but oh well, and I'd like to leap frog Cleveland for the #2 slot.

Game and a half behind the Cavs I believe with 10 to go. After Detroit we've got Cleveland at home, so it'd be nice to beat both of those teams back to back.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
I believe "mirked" is spelled mercked.
I believe its murked
Old 03-29-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just like to point out Josh Smith is #1 in the entire league in total blocks with 190, and 2nd in the league in bpg at 2.92, to go along with about 16 ppg, 9 rpg, and 3.2 apg, he could really explode next year into a 20 10 guy and win defensive player of the year, he should be first team all defense this year but the voters will go by ritual and pick Kobe, Marion etc.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Just like to point out Josh Smith is #1 in the entire league in total blocks with 190, and 2nd in the league in bpg at 2.92, to go along with about 16 ppg, 9 rpg, and 3.2 apg, he could really explode next year into a 20 10 guy and win defensive player of the year, he should be first team all defense this year but the voters will go by ritual and pick Kobe, Marion etc.
There's a lot more to defence than blocks, or even any statistic for that matter. Kobe and Marion should be locks for the All-Defence Team because they're two of the leagues greatest defenders.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
There's a lot more to defence than blocks, or even any statistic for that matter. Kobe and Marion should be locks for the All-Defence Team because they're two of the leagues greatest defenders.
I can't think of any player in the league that alters more shots than Josh Smith, he basically closes down the entire lane and forces you to take outside shots, the 9 rebounds per game doesn't hurt either, as far as man defense he is above average.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I can't think of any player in the league that alters more shots than Josh Smith, he basically closes down the entire lane and forces you to take outside shots, the 9 rebounds per game doesn't hurt either, as far as man defense he is above average.
Josh Smith is a great defender but I still would take Kobe or Marion above him any day of the week in terms of defence.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
I believe its murked
yup murked

Old 03-29-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh is not on the same level as Kobe and Sean as a defender. JS reminds me a lot of Tyrus Thomas on defense. A guy who alters shots every time someone drives the lane. But not a lock down defender.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Josh is not on the same level as Kobe and Sean as a defender. JS reminds me a lot of Tyrus Thomas on defense. A guy who alters shots every time someone drives the lane. But not a lock down defender.
You Chitowners and your Thomas. In college Tyrus was elite but I think Josh Smith is a better defender. He is the type of guy who can average 3Blks and 2Stls a game. Who's Sean though?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Terrible Comparison, Tyrus Thomas couldn't hold Josh Smith's jockstrap, Josh Smith is well ahead of the pace, and if he continues what he's doing he will be one of the NBA's All time leading Shot Blockers when he retires amazing for a SF/PF, he is already the youngest to reach 300 blocks, gaining the feat with over 30 games before the next youngest.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
You Chitowners and your Thomas. In college Tyrus was elite but I think Josh Smith is a better defender. He is the type of guy who can average 3Blks and 2Stls a game. Who's Sean though?
I'm sorry, Shawn Marion. My buddy spells his name the other way so I get confused, haha.

Tyrus is putting up those kind of block numbers right now, and he's playing half the minutes JS is playing. Steals, eh, not yet. But JS is also 2 years ahead of Tyrus as well.

Both have simular defensive games though. Alter shots in the lane, block shots, play above the rim, etc...And hell yes, TT is my boy man. JS is Ghetto's boy, and TT is mine. And in 2 years, Tyrus will be a monster of a player. Much like in about another year, JS will be a monster player consistently.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Terrible Comparison, Tyrus Thomas couldn't hold Josh Smith's jockstrap, Josh Smith is well ahead of the pace, and if he continues what he's doing he will be one of the NBA's All time leading Shot Blockers when he retires amazing for a SF/PF, he is already the youngest to reach 300 blocks, gaining the feat with over 30 games before the next youngest.
Really? Josh Smith is also 2 years ahead of Tyrus, in case you've forgotten.

And BS he couldn't hold JS's jockstrap. I think you need to take off the homer glasses there buddy. Ask any Bull fan who's watched Tyrus this season and they'll tell you he's good for at least 2 or 3 blocks a game right now, and again, he's playing half the minutes JS is playing.

I said they had simular defensive games btw, if you'd actually read my post before exploding on me. I never said Tyrus was better, nor did I say he would be better defensively. I said they had simular defensive games. Again, try reading my posts before you try and defend your boy.

And you cannot argue against that. Niether one is a lock down defender, but both are very good at shot blocking. That's what I'd call a simular defensive game.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh and GS, here's some stats for you to look at:

Josh Smith (rookie season):

27.7 mpg

2bpg

Tyrus Thomas (rookie season):

12.4mpg

1.1bpg

Like I said, both play above the rim defensively and are simular in their defensive games right now. I know JS is better than Tyrus and that's not what I'm arguing, I'm arguing that they have simular defensive games, which they do.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Btw GS, I remember that we had a bet going on about Atlanta making the playoffs, a sig bet if memory serves me right. Looks like I won. :D

Quote: