Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-16-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
anybody order the maskaev rahman ppv?
people still pay for heavyweight fights?
i dont, i was looking 4 some round by round.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 PM    (permalink

I'm really lookin forward to the Cassamayor vs Corrales. That should be an excellent test for Diego, then he should move up in weight.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
I'm really lookin forward to the Cassamayor vs Corrales. That should be an excellent test for Diego, then he should move up in weight.
agreed, Cassamayor can fight and I could actually easily see him winning.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:03 PM    (permalink

Williams fights Mitchell tonight. Williams has looked great lately but his defense is suspect. He'll probably beat Mitchell by TKO late. Mitchell is a streaky fighter and I'm sure he'll steal a couple rounds but will probably fall victim to the younger man.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it hasnt been brought up before, but I couldnt be bothered to read 8 pages, what do you guys think of Ricky Hatton, after he beat Tzuyu, I thought, the skies the limit, but since then he struggled bad against Collazo, and now is dropping back to fight for a title he vacated.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
I hope it hasnt been brought up before, but I couldnt be bothered to read 8 pages, what do you guys think of Ricky Hatton, after he beat Tzuyu, I thought, the skies the limit, but since then he struggled bad against Collazo, and now is dropping back to fight for a title he vacated.

Hatton is a very good fighter. He is part of the new age of plodder fighters who just wear you down with their incredible will, in the mold of Carlos Baldomir, Margarito, and Kostya himself. I am not a fan of Hatton however, his style of fighting can bore me.

Considering the success plodders have had against the likes of Judah, who is basically a poor mans Mayweather, I think he would do an excellent job of giving Floyd a hard time. If anyone in the sport can beat Floyd at or below 147 I would give Hatton the best chance.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink

Btw, he wants Gatti real bad, and Gatti looks like he still has a fight or two left in him... so Hatton vs Gatti may be his next match.

With that said, I really really really really really hope Gatti retires. I love Gatti so much that I don't think I would be able to pay (it would be ppv if he fought gatti i imagine) to watch Gatti get beat up by a younger, stronger guy.

Gatti's only chance against Hatton would be to catch him with one punch.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did any of you guys hear of this boxer from Ukraine, Dmitry Salita(sp. ?)? He's undefeated and is getting a lot of hype here in NY.

He is a deeply religious Jewish person and doesn't fight on certain days.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Did any of you guys hear of this boxer from Ukraine, Dmitry Salita(sp. ?)? He's undefeated and is getting a lot of hype here in NY.

Yeah, i heard of him. he's okay. it is overblown around where we live tho.

As far as Hatton, i despise the man. As I am a huge Cotto, it is just in my blood to hate him. As a fighter, I think he is OK. I think he has fought bad fighters besides Tszyu and Collazo and was WAY overhyped coming to america. that said, he is a guy that can give people major problems with his style.

paul Williams looks good btw, but not as good as everyone is gonna say. if he was fighting a big puncher (Cotto, Hatton, even FMJ) he could have easily been KO'd. he has a decent chin on him, but his defense is elkementary imo and he gets hit WAAAAAY too much. he will have to work on that to be a top fighter like so many people expect.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

As far as Hatton, i despise the man. As I am a huge Cotto, it is just in my blood to hate him. As a fighter, I think he is OK. I think he has fought bad fighters besides Tszyu and Collazo and was WAY overhyped coming to america. that said, he is a guy that can give people major problems with his style.

paul Williams looks good btw, but not as good as everyone is gonna say. if he was fighting a big puncher (Cotto, Hatton, even FMJ) he could have easily been KO'd. he has a decent chin on him, but his defense is elkementary imo and he gets hit WAAAAAY too much. he will have to work on that to be a top fighter like so many people expect.
you're wrong, his chin is incredible. He fought a huge puncher in his previous fight and got hit with some BOMBS and just kept coming. His defense is w/o question suspect but he has a great body and tremendous chin to account for it.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:
Quote:

you're wrong, his chin is incredible. He fought a huge puncher in his previous fight and got hit with some BOMBS and just kept coming. His defense is w/o question suspect but he has a great body and tremendous chin to account for it.
we will see about that chin. You very well could be right, but i have a feeling that HBO may have overblow mattyse's power in order to get viewers into the fight. I didnt and still dont buy buy mattyse as a legit prospect.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink

Bernard Hopkins reminds me SO BAD of DMX.

btw, the only exciting flyweight in the world is fighting on the Chico undercard.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

bump it up!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the world were you able to find this thread???

I'm tired of waiting for these big fights. Which is the best coming up?

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calzaghe v Manfredo is coming up I believe, and David Haye is fighting again soon, that's about all I can remember prior to DLH v Floyd.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Calzaghe v Manfredo is coming up I believe, and David Haye is fighting again soon, that's about all I can remember prior to DLH v Floyd.
Who do you think is gonna win? I hate to be the guy who picks Floyd like everyone else but i have to

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Yeah I have to go with Floyd, I think it will go to a decision.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Floyd will win, but it will be closer then people think.

Like him or not, Oscar is a very good boxer.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-29-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Floyd will win, but it will be closer then people think.

Like him or not, Oscar is a very good boxer.

I think it'll be close as well, maybe 4 round split, 116 - 112 or something like that.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I found the thread in the my threads thing lol. Anyway, I have Floyd by easy decision. I dont see it being close. I may elaborate later in another post, but I like FMJ to pitch a near shut out.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I found the thread in the my threads thing lol. Anyway, I have Floyd by easy decision. I dont see it being close. I may elaborate later in another post, but I like FMJ to pitch a near shut out.
Not a lot of faith in Oscar, huh?

I think you are underrating him.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-30-2007, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Not a lot of faith in Oscar, huh?

I think you are underrating him.
I will offer a short reasoning post now. Basically, Oscar has not beaten a top opponent (which FMJ is) since 2002. Since that win over Vargas his only wins are vs Luis Ramon Campos, Felix Sturm, and Ricardo Mayorga. Those 3 guys probably are not even top 50 p4p, maybe even more. Sure he looked impressive vs Mayorga, but EVERY good boxer should. Mayorga is a a big name, but the fact is that his style lends itself to getting dominated by good fighters. He is a tailor made comeback fight. You saw it when Trinidad killed him. I was not overly impressed with DLH there. DLH has not been in the ring with someone the same level as FMJ for at least 4 years, probably ever. Combine that with the fact that this will likely be Oscar's last fight and that his money is in the bank and I think the recipe is there for a blow out.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I think Oscar wants to finish strong, and will give his best.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 03-30-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I think Oscar wants to finish strong, and will give his best.
I am inclined to think that as well. However, even if he does I think that if PBF sticks to a boxing game plan he can dominate.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Amir Khan just won at lightweight in 3 rounds with a decent body shot. Manfredo vs Calzaghe yet.