Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default trading down

do you think there is any chance that the bengals trade down about the mid twenties? IMO that would be their best move. Tmmons, Houston, or revis would be left to take by about 23-25, and we might be able to pick up a 3rd round pick. What do you all think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you 100%. I think trading down would be the best move for the Bengals, unless a player who presents good value (Okoye, Landry, Adams, Anderson, Branch, Hall, Nelson, Houston, Willis after that Pro-Day time) slips down to 18. That way they could get a player that they need without reaching for them, and get the third round pick they lost back. I'd imagine the Bengals are going to go for best DB available unless a great DL slips to them in the first round, and then they'll go for Durant in the second. Unless they trade down, in which case I'd guess they're targeting a linebacker in the first.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. If a suitable partner comes up and the can't miss guy isn't there then I could see it.

Late 1st Timmons/Beason/Griffin and maybe Revis/Houston may be had. It's just a matter of finding someone who wants up there.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most of the Bengals possible targets (Revis, Houston, Timmons, Beason, maybe Poz) should be available in the 22-26 range. We need to get a third round pick to have a shot at a DT or LB, supposing we dont get one earlier. The lack of a third round pick will hurt us.
Now if landry, willis, or okoye fall to us, we have to take them. but i really dont see that happening.

the problem will be finding a team to trade with. maybe a team like philly would be interested in getting regie nelson. You never know what the broncos will do, they could be a target. Im just saying it would be a samrt move to get a third rounder.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-21-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think only the three linebackers you mentioned in your post will be available in a trade down for the Bengals. Revis and Houston should be gone by then. But again, a trade down is definitely a good idea and I think a realistic possibility. It is completely contingent on nobody of good value being on the board come draft day though.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trade down and get griffin

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
bengalbuck
Rookie

bengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairbengalbuck is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think the Bengals need to stay where they are and grab one of the top 3 CBs. Having two guys (Joseph + Revis or Houston) who are athletic, young and physical would be huge for the future. Especially when you have those guys under contract for 5 years at low prices. Deltha could be a very good nickel back if he gets his act together.

Our depth is pretty solid at this point, so I would really lean towards quality over quantity. Especially on D where we desperately need an impact guy.
bengalbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that is a real possibility also. There will be many excellent players that can help us at whether we are at 18 or 24. Also, any possibility we sign any more free agents? I saw where Rocky Boiman, big LBer from St. X HS in Cincinnati is an unrestricted free agent and he is a very good special teams player and played for ND....a good character guy. With all of our losses of personnel being mostly STs, it may offset that some

Last edited by rickscott : 03-26-2007 at 03:42 AM.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

What do you think about us trading Thurman on draft day and what kind of value would he have? If he is granted his return and checks out urine test-wise, any chance he could fetch us that missing 3rd rd pick or do you think that's too high for him? Maybe a provisional pick that could be higher for the following year based on his productivity this year...kinda the way we got a #2 out of Boomer a few years ago.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
I_C_DeadPeople
Rookie

I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.I_C_DeadPeople is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
What do you think about us trading Thurman on draft day and what kind of value would he have? If he is granted his return and checks out urine test-wise, any chance he could fetch us that missing 3rd rd pick or do you think that's too high for him? Maybe a provisional pick that could be higher for the following year based on his productivity this year...kinda the way we got a #2 out of Boomer a few years ago.

With the NFL coming out with new and tougher rules/suspensions for players, the trade value for players like Thurman will be NIL.
I_C_DeadPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:

no chance we trade thurman...

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would be thoroughly enraged if we traded thurman.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:00 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I know for a fact that Thurman is still running with the wrong people, if he lacks the sense to say goodbye to old friends who are trouble, he won't make it back.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
BDG

Quote:
I know for a fact that Thurman is still running with the wrong people, if he lacks the sense to say goodbye to old friends who are trouble, he won't make it back.
How can he be running with the same people when he's "supposedly" in Alky Rehab.

Group Discount?

I am more inclinded to still stick up for Odell more than Henry. Whats to say that Odell hasn't said goodbye to his old friends? Maybe his old friend refuse to say goodbye to him...(NFL fame and money and all that)...Devil's advocate.

Last edited by BDG : 03-29-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

I'm rooting for the guy myself but he can't be hanging out with convicts and expect to get himself right.