Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-30-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally would have liked Clint Boling, but it is what it is.

If Ricky Stanzi is available in the 5th is it too much of a luxury pick to go there? He'd be a fan favorite at least.

I'd like to see us take a look at Tandon Doss if he somehow lasts that long as well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only really follow Big Ten football, so at this point I don't know who anyone else is.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Well there goes Doss.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I bet we'd be interesting in Greg Jones. He fits the mold.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm fine with Enderle, it's a bit of a luxury pick, but Hanie is an RFA. So long as he makes the roster this time.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we got two sure starters who were great picks, one guy who could end up as a decent career backup QB, and some trash.

Better than most years, but disappointing with how many talented guys were still on the board when we made the trash picks.

I give it a B. Could have been a strong A+, but JA couldn't keep it up.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im happy with most of our draft. So UDFAs I know the draft isn't over but if Kris O Dowd goes undrafted he should get a look. Terrence Tolliver, Noel Devine, Kendric Burney. I know we can't sign them yet but regardless these are all guys I'd like to see us pursue.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
So we got two sure starters who were great picks, one guy who could end up as a decent career backup QB, and some trash.

Better than most years, but disappointing with how many talented guys were still on the board when we made the trash picks.

I give it a B. Could have been a strong A+, but JA couldn't keep it up.
A B sounds about right. The first 2 picks were great. A lot of sites had Conte rated as a 3rd round pick so there has to be starting potential there. I understand the Enderle pick. We cant be assuming we'll get a starter with pick #160. Enderle should make the team so that's a good pick.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3- Clint Boling, OG/OT, Georgia
5- Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State
6- Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississipi

That would have been incredible.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give us a B. The Carimi and Paea picks were great. If Conte can prove himself in coverage then we got a good safety, but I'm skeptical. Enderle is a decent risk to take in the 5th round, but he probably won't play for us anytime soon. Thomas was a good 6th round pick and might have starting potential.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll give this draft a solid A- or B+. Carimi, Paea, and Thomad were very good picks. Conte was okay but there were better corners and safeties on the board as well as Tandon Doss. I'll give Enderle an incomplete. I like him as a prospect but I'll wait and see if it was a mistake to pass on other needs if we goby get free agents like O'Dowd and Tolliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So from the ESPN NFC North "Draft Analysis":

Best Move: Vikings taking Christian Ponder
Riskiest Move: Lions taking Nick Fairley
Most Surprising Move: Bears taking Gabe Carimi

I don't even know what to say to those classifications...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

I understand why we'd be the most surprising. After all, who on earth figured Carimi would fall to us? I can even see the Lions being risky because they ignored starting-caliber corners when they're trotting trash like Vasher and Smith out there. But Christian Ponder at 12th overall is the best move in the division?

Best for the teams the Vikings compete with, maybe.

Last edited by Monomach : 05-01-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just reading over your comments a little and it looks like I agree with most of your sentiments. I think the Bears hit home runs with their first two picks in Carimi and Paea. I thought Carimi was the top tackle in the class so to get him at 29 is a great deal, and you didn't have to trade up to get him. Paea is a stud and fits their defense I think. Enderle is a great flyer at quarterback and you never know when one of those young guys can be flipped for a player or pick later on. I'm not familiar with Conte or Thomas, but Thomas looks like a rangy athlete on tape and should provide good depth and special teams play. Conte looks stiff. I like what the Bears did.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Best Move and Surprising Move are swapped, no?
Old 05-31-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Is there going to be a supplemental draft this year? If so, anyone worth looking at?
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
Is there going to be a supplemental draft this year? If so, anyone worth looking at?
They may still have one. But since no players have applied, it hasn't been scheduled yet. Depending on how fast the NCAA drops the hammer on Ohio State, guys like Terrelle Pryor, DeVier Posey, Mike Brewster, and Mike Adams could be available.

Brewster and Adams would both provide much needed offensive line help. I would not be mad if the Bears spent a 3rd rounder (maybe even a 2nd rounder) on either of those players. Posey and Pryor could give the Bears a tall receiver they need. Maybe a 5th for Posey and a 7th for Pryor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
They may still have one. But since no players have applied, it hasn't been scheduled yet. Depending on how fast the NCAA drops the hammer on Ohio State, guys like Terrelle Pryor, DeVier Posey, Mike Brewster, and Mike Adams could be available.

Brewster and Adams would both provide much needed offensive line help. I would not be mad if the Bears spent a 3rd rounder (maybe even a 2nd rounder) on either of those players. Posey and Pryor could give the Bears a tall receiver they need. Maybe a 5th for Posey and a 7th for Pryor.
I don't buy Brewster or Adams being in it, though...especially Brewster. He's not even one of the guys getting suspended.

My way of valuing picks:
1st and 2nd rounds: Immediate impact players who fit the system, but no running backs unless they look like Barry Sanders
3rd round: Guys I feel fairly confident will be NFL starters within two years and pretty good running backs
4th round: Guys I feel somewhat confident will be future NFL starters at some point and average starting running backs
5th round: Really good fullbacks, kickers, punters, returners, and special teams gunners
6th and 7th rounds: Big character concerns, guys with all the physical traits but nothing else, serious injury concerns- basically boom-or-bust types

For supplemental picks, I value the players the same as I would in a normal draft.

-Brewster would start at Center right away. He looks like he's a Mangold type. Seeing as how he doesn't really have any character concerns, I'd be ok with using a first rounder on him.

-Adams looks a bit too much like a zone guy to really fit in Chicago and is a little raw, but he looks like he's going to be a solid starting tackle in the future and probably serviceable at keeping Cutler off his ass in the first year. He's suspended for the first five games of next season for taking money and services. He has one paraphernalia arrest on his record. I'm not too scared by guys who show they're willing to play for money; after all, everyone in the NFL gets paid. So we have a single time being busted with a pipe to be worried about...and that's not much of a worry. I'd be ok with using a supplemental third on him. If he looks ok next year, he's going to go sometime before the mid-second, so he might as well not come out right now.

-Levier Posey is another of the suspended guys. He's a little slow for my taste. If you're a 4.5+ receiver, I want you to be bigger and more physical or have great hands and a big catch radius. He's not that. He's shown flashes and a small bit of improvement, but there's really nothing about his game to get fired up about. What's his upside? A decent slot guy working against linebackers and nickel backs a la Earl Bennett? We already have one Earl Bennett, and collecting multiple guys of that skillset is not going to be much of a help to any team. Not really interested because I think he'd end up getting cut pretty early. Worth a fourth rounder to me if we didn't already have the polished version of him on the roster. Someone else will probably spend a 5th-7th on him if he comes out.

Terrelle Pryor is Vincent Jackson's body with just as many character concerns and none of the production. He fits perfectly as a seventh round WR project. I suppose some idiot could spend a third on him and try to make him a QB, but I'm not that dumb.

So, yeah...the only way the supplemental draft would be worth paying attention to is if Brewster or Adams come out. Adams stands to gain more by staying and playing out the partial season at OSU next year. Brewster gains nothing at all by coming out, so that's not happening. Unless he falls off a cliff, he's a mid-first next year.

Last edited by Monomach : 06-08-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So teams can sign rookies and URFAs tomorrow. Who do you want?

O'Dowd, Kirkpatrick, or Barnes. And I've always felt Herzlich would make a beautiful SLB for us. After that, Tolliver or Andre Brown. No shockers. Your basic low risk, barrel-of-potential type players.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm not really going to get into specific players because, quite honestly, it's a crapshoot in the 4th round, let alone with undrafted players.

That said, we need depth at offensive line, defensive line and linebacker. Mostly I think we'll be looking for special teams aces, which is perfectly understandable.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Biggs reporting that the bears will be taking a close look at Justin Babin.
I think it would be a good fit because, outside of Detroit, the bears run the closest D to Jeff Fishers old scheme.

EDIT-Wrong thread, but you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to add one of the OGs in Blalock or Davin Joseph.

Not real sure what were going to do with the $37M however..