Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 05-01-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely love Tandon Doss, and yeah he's like a weak version of Housh, he really will be that chains mover guy, after Salas he has argubly the best hands in the draft. My only worries on Anthony Allen is that he lacks any sort of shiftiness. Also playing that upback position in the triple option he's never had to be patient and make a cut into a hole. He's always been just a few yards behind the QB and the QB would make the decision for him if he should hit the hole hard.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, Allen is just competition for Parmele and Steele. I don't mind that he's not patient, he's going to be a short-yardage back if he makes the team and I'd rather him hit the hole hard rather than pull a McGahee and dance his way toa 3 or 4 yard loss.

Taylor wasn't bad, I can see why we took him over McElroy. He's going to provide more to the team than just a backup QB, he's a good enough athlete to be used in multiple ways. Troy Smith is going to come up a lot as a comparison but Taylor is easily more athletic and I doubt he's much less accurate (if at all) as a passer. I know Ozzie said he was drafted as a QB but it's hard to see us not taking advantage of his physical gifts. Then again Cameron is our offensive coordinator.

I'm coming around on the McPhee pick, I didn't realize how raw he was and he's not as much as a pure 5-technique as I thought. He's still not going to help us much though.

Chykie was a good value pick, as was McPhee. I'm not sure how he makes the roster but if we want to keep six corners it could happen. He'll compete with Cary Williams for the most part I think, but if we only bring back one of Carr or Wilson it helps his chances greatly in my opinion.

Overall I like what we did. It seems like we held true with the best player available approach and we added some guys to fill out our roster. I read that we did want to add a pass-rusher but there weren't any available with value when we picked, reminds me of how we skipped taking corners last season. It's nice that adding a pass-rusher is going to be our main goal in free agency though, we'll really be able to focus on that and I think that Ozzie can get a good player. Kiwanuka is my first choice, but whether guys will be RFA or UFA is going to play a big role in who we can get.

Last edited by coordinator0 : 05-01-2011 at 09:17 AM.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really starting to like the Doss pick. I think he will be a steal for us. His speed should increase from the 4.63 he ran at his pro day when he gets healthy from his groin injuries.

What do you think his role will be? Like stated earlier this guy is a carbon copy of hoosh do you think he will take Hoosh exact role in the O.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I can see him being a underneath guy, moving the chains consistently, a big target for Flacco w/ good hands and tough to bring down.

Him and Torrey compliment each other nicely.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wouldn't shock me if Doss contributes immediately where as Torrey will be a work in progress. I was saying it pre draft but Doss was one of my favorite wideouts. Some of the best hands in the draft and a fairly refined route runner. I think he has potential to be a Steve Smith(Giants) type.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Jimmy Smith remind anyone of Will Smith the actor. I watched that interview with the FoxSports guys and for some reason the way he talks and his demeanor reminded me of the Fresh Prince.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are yall having a draft hangover or something? The 2012 draft is less than a year away and nobody is talking...

What about Ray Ray Armstrong to Charm City?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Are yall having a draft hangover or something? The 2012 draft is less than a year away and nobody is talking...

What about Ray Ray Armstrong to Charm City?
Ravens should trade their entire draft for Vontaze Burfict, a year under Ray Lewis and he'd be an elite NFL linebacker within a few years.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Ravens should trade their entire draft for Vontaze Burfict, a year under Ray Lewis and he'd be an elite NFL linebacker within a few years.
Still can't believe Ken Rucker didn't reel him in. What a steal for ASU.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Ravens need to get their hands on Alshon Jefferey...I would hand them the Super Bowl trophy right there. Alshon will be a better pro prospects then AJ Green or Dez Bryant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vontaze is definitely going to be an all star.
I'd love him in Baltimore, he'd be so perfect. Here are my other 3 top ILBs for next year's draft;
- Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
- Manti Te'o, Norte Dame
- Jerry Franklin, Arkansas
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

But Alshon isn't going to protect Flacco's blind side or make a play in the secondary, or rush big ben. If Flacco can't do big things with this run game and new weapons, the problem is Flacco.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 05-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. Only question will be the o-line's performance. Can Michael Oher show improvement at the LT stop?

Who will be the RT? and how will Birk's performance be at C at 35 years old?

If those 5 guys don't play like they did Joe's rookie & sophomore year(Gaither at LT and Oher at RT), then the run game suffers which in turn effects Joe's performance as well.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 05-09-2011 at 05:32 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Agreed. Only question will be the o-line's performance. Can Michael Oher show improvement at the LT stop?

Who will be the RT? and how will Birk's performance be at C at 35 years old?

If those 5 guys don't play like they did Joe's rookie & sophomore year(Gaither at LT and Oher at RT), then the run game suffers which in turn effects Joe's performance as well.
If we didn't draft Smith in the 1st I would have loved to trade down and take Wisniewski in the 2nd. We need someone to replace Birk because he really showed his age last year. Moving Yanda back to guard will help the interior a lot, especially in the run game. Oher will get back on track, he was just too jumpy last year and never looked settled. We'll have more speed outside so hopefully in 3 wideout sets Joe will get a quick look and the pass pro won't have to hold up so long.

I wouldn't want us to snag a wideout in the first. It just doesn't fit our team. We need some swag back on D. Nigel Bradham, Ray Ray Armstrong, Burflict, Manti Te'o, Upshaw, Devin Taylor, Jared Crick maybe. Just some one in the front 7 who could keep the defensive tradition going.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree go best defensive player available unless a eltie C prospect is there. We gotta keep our D up to date. I love our offensive weapons but I want to keep the face of this team D.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I agree go best defensive player available unless a eltie C prospect is there. We gotta keep our D up to date. I love our offensive weapons but I want to keep the face of this team D.
Mike Brewster is one of the best center prospects to come in a while he is a guy to look out for. Ben Jones is also a nice center prospect.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free agency thoughts
1) definitely top need is an OLB!
- Must be a high motor pass rusher, we need some edge rushing pure speed, someone with versatility and experience.
(Mathias Kiwanuka, Manny Lawson, Darryl Tapp, and Mark Anderson)
Old 05-13-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Free agency thoughts
1) definitely top need is an OLB!
- Must be a high motor pass rusher, we need some edge rushing pure speed, someone with versatility and experience.
(Mathias Kiwanuka, Manny Lawson, Darryl Tapp, and Mark Anderson)
Tapp and Anderson are both interesting names to bring up. I'm not sure Tapp is quite athletic enough to play in space but I think Mark Anderson could be a nice addition.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:57 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Mark Anderson is quietly a top FA for the Texans this season. They really want to keep him around.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Anyone think Mike Adams could be a target in the supplemental draft?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT - wrong thread. This should be unstickied lol.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

TOP 10 BALTIMORE RAVEN ILB PROSPECTS
Luke Kuechly - 1st
Zach Brown - 1st
Donta Hightower - 1st
Mychal Kendricks - 2nd
Bobby Wagner - 2nd
Jerry Frankin - 2nd
Demario Davis - 3rd
Nigel Bradham - 3rd
James Michael Johnson - 3rd
Audie Cole - 3rd
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

The draft is getting close I still don't have a great idea of who we're going to take. There's just a ton of different directions. It's tricky because at everyone of our biggest needs outside of LT and C, there is a young guy there who could potentially develop into a successful starter. Let's say there's no LT worthy of the pick and Konz is gone...

LG - It's hard to know what to make of this. It really depends how serious they are about this Jah experiment. I'm in favor of it and the team sounds quite enthused about it but do they or don't they have enough faith in him not to take a guy like Zeitler 29th overall? What happens when they get to camp and Jah is doing a better job than the guard drafted at 29?

WR - Could use a #3 who can develop into a starting outside WR. Could Tandon Doss or David Reed that guy? Neither has had a full off-season with the team yet.

ILB - No standouts but Ellerbe and McClain were both re-signed and both performed fairly well that year. Could use more depth of talent but a round one priority?

OLB - I really don't think we'll lose a step with Kruges. Maybe a bit of a drop off vs the run but certainly an improvement as a pass rusher. I could easily see an 8+ sack season from him. Could be a very solid starter for us but still a bit of an unknown but does he need to be replaced by a first round player?

S - Who? Harrison Smith as a depth guy at 29? Maybe but it seems unlikely.

WR appears to be the most glaring of those needs though if it isn't Randall, Wright, Hill or Jeffery (I like him but his league value is a question mark - I'm not sure if he'll go mid 1 or mid 2), the value seems would be quite questionable. If there was someone who was a great value who fell through the cracks, that's certainly something we'd have to strongly consider regardless of position. If neither value was there, a trade back into the early 2nd would make sense or possibly even a trade up if someone like Cordy or maybe Kuechly falls into the early 20's/late teens.

If I had to project what I think will happen, it'd be something like this in this order.

1. LT (Adams, Glenn[LG], Reiff[also could play LG short term])
2. LG/C (Konz, Zeitler)/WR/Highest rated player on the board regardless of position (someone like Upshaw maybe?)
3. Trade back - reevaluate board
4. Bad board, can't trade out, have to make a dark horse pick (Kendricks, Silatolu, Martin [eww], McClellin, Hightower or even Mitchell Schwartz)