Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-04-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
18)

QB Vandenberg
RB A. Robinson, M. Coker, B. Wegher
FB
WR McNutt
WR K. Davis
TE Herman
OT Reiff
OG MacMillan
C Ferentz
OG Gettis
OT Zusevics

DE B. Binns
DT M. Daniels
DT
DE
OLB T. Nielsen
ILB J. Morris
OLB
CB
CB S. Prater
SS
FS M. Hyde
Some changes.

Robinson and Wegher aren't on the team anymore. Wegher actually just left the Oklahoma team as a walk on and is now enrolled god knows where.

Zusevics is our returning RT, with MacMillan and Gettis front runners for the guards.

Hyde switched to FS.

I could fill in my best guesses at who fills in at the other spots, but it likely wouldn't be that great of guesses.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Some changes.

Robinson and Wegher aren't on the team anymore. Wegher actually just left the Oklahoma team as a walk on and is now enrolled god knows where.

Zusevics is our returning RT, with MacMillan and Gettis front runners for the guards.

Hyde switched to FS.

I could fill in my best guesses at who fills in at the other spots, but it likely wouldn't be that great of guesses.
Oh really, I will make those changes then, at least they still have Coker. Might actually drop them a little because without that depth at running back, their offense could struggle a little.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU is too high. I'd drop us between 9-14.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh really, I will make those changes then, at least they still have Coker. Might actually drop them a little because without that depth at running back, their offense could struggle a little.
Yea, there's a slim chance they let robinson back but still the depth atRB after Coker is a RS frosh, greyshirt soph that was a db until halfway through last year, and true freshman. Its a legit concern especially given iowas injury history with RBs.

But the OL should be one of the best in the conference, and if vandenberg can be consistent our passing attack with mcnutt, davis, herman, and cj fiedhahdhtbehawiz could be great.

Hopefully we can plug in some good defenders, but the D will be really green as well. I think they should be preseason 30-40ish.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Outside of Mosley, I have no faith or confidence in any of these players. That is not good considering it is your offensive and defensive lines, and a major identity with their football team. Sure some might become good players, but again, at this moment only player I would have faith in having a good solid year is Mosley, sure some could step up but it is a question mark at the moment.

aj greene actually beat out mosely and was the starter til he got hurt, so im confident at tackle. its just the inside of our line which may be very average.

same with the d-line. auburn has like 5 d-ends that could do goo din starter roles but then d-tackle is just bare and not that good.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BigJohn98: FSU is too high. I'd drop us between 9-14.
Why? Not having Ponder is as not as big of an issue as many might think. Manuel is more that capable as a quarterback. Heck in that bowl game Ponder threw 5 passes and they still beat a very good football team. They are a running football team that throws second. Outside of that, the defense will be even better than last year, that is my bet.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Gamecock, I can say our quarterback problems are too much of an issue to have us that high.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitt AND Syracuse ahead of WVU? Please, especially preseason.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
703SKINS202 Pitt AND Syracuse ahead of WVU? Please, especially preseason.
Yes it could be argued, but losing Devine and losing a lot of their best players on defense, I think it will affect their play on the field. Sure Geno Smith has potential and they have a new offensive coordinator coming in, but the depth and returning talent on those other rosters is just a little better. Than again I do admit, if Pitt does not believe in their coach and hold it against them for letting go of Wannstedt, that could make their team worst than they could potentially be.

I must say though, if they have hidden gems like Irvin sitting around there, then yes they could win the Big East, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno has potential? He was the best QB as a true sophomore last year, hands down. 65% completion, 24 TD, 7 Int, 2800 yards all in a terrible Jeff Mullen offesne. His numbers should only go up in Holgorsen's system and the loss of Devine wont hurt the offense that much. The defense does need to fill some holes but we should be considered the preseason favorite and I'd say USF is 2nd.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
As a Gamecock, I can say our quarterback problems are too much of an issue to have us that high.
If Garcia is back...I have no problem with SCAR in the initial top 8 or so. We're pretty damn loaded. The QB situation is def. scary, though. You cant trust Garcia off the field, and how much faith can we really have in Shaw at this point? Ever since seeing him in action during the Spring game, Spurrier seems like he really wants Garcia back in there.

College Football Live did a top 25 a couple weeks ago. I think SCAR was 6 in that one. Dont quote me, though. They were def. top 8 at worst. SCAR has 1st round talent all over that field, on both sides of the ball. If they're ever going to win an SEC title, this is the year. Because they sure as hell are going to be losing a lot to the draft after this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-06-2011 at 04:02 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
703SKINS202 Geno has potential? He was the best QB as a true sophomore last year, hands down. 65% completion, 24 TD, 7 Int, 2800 yards all in a terrible Jeff Mullen offesne. His numbers should only go up in Holgorsen's system and the loss of Devine wont hurt the offense that much. The defense does need to fill some holes but we should be considered the preseason favorite and I'd say USF is 2nd.
I agree Geno has potential, but overall I think they lack a lot of depth, now they might have some redshirt or freshman stars that will help I guess. And as for USF, 2nd in the conference? Maybe it was just me but I was really disappointed in their team last year, compared to the glory days a few years back with Selvie, that great defense, those star corners and Grothe, last years USF team was not like that, much less the fact their receivers are getting really thin in terms of depth and talent at that position. Hopefully PJ Daniels can keep on improving though.

I like Cincy so much though because they have a lot of depth on that defense and have arguably the best linebacker core in the Big East, Stewart is a potential star. And on offense they have returning guys and Collaros has talent as well. Last year was a slight down year for them but I think they can come back. And Pitt, they have solid players on defense coming back, the offensive line is ok, it is just if they can get good quarterback play or not, and if the team takes to their new coach or not.

Quote:
MOTH If Garcia is back...I have no problem with SCAR in the initial top 8 or so. We're pretty damn loaded. The QB situation is def. scary, though. You cant trust Garcia off the field, and how much faith can we really have in Shaw at this point? Ever since seeing him in action during the Spring game, Spurrier seems like he really wants Garcia back in there.

College Football Live did a top 25 a couple weeks ago. I think SCAR was 6 in that one. Dont quote me, though. They were def. top 8 at worst. SCAR has 1st round talent all over that field, on both sides of the ball. If they're ever going to win an SEC title, this is the year. Because they sure as hell are going to be losing a lot to the draft after this season.
Garcia is the wild card, but really the quarterback just cannot lose them the game like last year. And Shaw has potential but of course Steve would want a proven guy with big game experience instead. Will be interesting to see how they do with everyone going after them as the top dogs, sadly they did not do all that well with that tag last season.