Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 Draft Discussion

2012 looking ahead at the landscape of talent in college football & matching that up with our beloved Detroit Lions needs, it looks pretty solid.

Needs (not really in order): LT, CB, LB G/C, S

My 1a strategy for Detroit would LT. This is finally the year to silence all the Backus haters and get the LT they have coveted. I was a fan of Indys strategy this draft of going back to back offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds. Jax & NY Jets have also been successful at building in the trenches with this strategy in recent drafts. Inevitably the end is near for Lions steadfast LT Backus & C Railoa. It was an up & down decade for them, but Stafford will be in need of some youth to be served up front. Some players I like early: Kalil USC, Martin Stanford, Reiff Iowa (Brewster C OSU in 2nd?)

My 1b option would be CB. OK so I have to admit, I have peaked at some 2012 mocks already. (I know, its a sickness?!) :o) But looking at the positional depth, it looks to me that there could be as many as 6 CBs taken in the top 20! Who knows where Detroit picks we are 1 injury away to Stafford from eyeing Matt Barkley, right? Assuming Stafford has shaken his injury bug though, lets look to FINALLY draft a CB early in the draft with what several "experts" have as a popular slot for Detroit, being pick #20. Some players I like early: Kirkpatrick Bama, Dennard Nebraska, Harris Oregon

My 3rd option would be LB. Bottom line they need a tackler beside Levy. Follett, Palmer, Carpenter, Hogue can be solid back-up/roll players but if they added a high impact guy like any of the 3 I listed it would instantly improve that D. Some players I like early: Burflict ASU, Upshaw Bama, & Teo ND

Your thoughts??