Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most people in my experience, including reviewers, love the game. Me...I was expecting more of a story involved. There's really no deep story here...you're looking for a vault full of goodies and the NPCs dont talk. Gotta do some readin'. The game isnt deep at all. But I had some fun playng it still. There are literally a countless number of guns and upgrades. And it's a freaking gorgeous game with that cell shading, I'll give it that. I absolutely love the visual aspect of the game and the gun play is just fine. I just found it to be rather tedious, because again...no story. My action/adventure games really need to have a good story or I lose interest. Especially if we're talking RPGs like this. You're going to be playing for a long time, so at least keep me entertained with an enthralling narrative.

But alas, I'm in the minority. I tell everyone I know that I think it's one of the most overrated games out there today and can get boring fast. And they look at me like I'm crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I've decided that I'm gonna give Heavy Rain another go, either tonight or tomorrow. I wonder who the killer is? ;) It was between this and playing Fable 3 for the first time...but I figure, I only have two weeks until L.A. Noire comes out and my job and other things have really killed my time lately. So, finishing an 8-10 hour game looks a lot better/more realistic than finishing a 20+ hour game. I'm interested to see Heavy Rain in 1080p anyway. Last time I played, it was on my 720p television, which had a really bad amount of burn in damage, or whatever it was. It just looked bad, and was distracting.. This should look glorious. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy Rain was awesome...... that is all. You have to finish it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've played it before...got one of the good endings. This would be my second playthrough. I'm a big fan of the game...aside for a few hiccups.

1. The voice acting is atrocious. lol. Aside from a few, all the voice actors are from France. The accents are way off. Kind of kills the mood in a lot of scenes. This was ultimately the biggest mistake Quantic Dream made. You really need to nail the voice acting, when one of your main aims is to generate emotion from not only you created character, but the player of the game as well. I thought most of the voice work was just laughable and unbelievable. But I still think the game is damn near brilliant.

2. I ran into a few story webbing problems. Like when one of my characters recognizes the killer's name, and knows who they are, despite the fact that I never had a scene with these two ever meeting. And one of my characters receiving a phone call, from another person they never met. That would be fine, if they didnt completely acknowledge eachother on the phone and speak as though they've met several times in the past. haha.

Other than that, I adore the game.

You ever play Indigo Prophecy PackerLegend? It was Quantic Dream's previous game on the Xbox/PS2. It layed the ground work for Heavy Rain's gameplay style and narrative presentation. It's one of my all-time favorite games and really worth a look, even today. If you havent played it and have a console/PC that can play it. I'd totally reccommend it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Heavy Rain the ending was just amazing I've only played through it once. But it's on my wish list to finisih through again before NCAA comes out.

La Noire looks like a amazing game, but I'm gonna hold off and just get it used. Unless someone gets it for my bday in June. I may also buy Madden this year so I'm gonna have it for that.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I still dont know about Madden. I miss playing NFL football...but I hate Madden. lol. I didnt buy it last year, either. NCAA is a must buy for me every year, at least.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just recently went back to Madden after playing NCAA for a long time, and man talk about different games. I love playing NCAA but it's like a cupcake game compared to Madden in terms of difficulty. I romp everyone on NCAA on hardest difficulty and I just started a Dynasty with Kansas. But I went back to Madden with the Falcons, and added our 3 first selections to our roster, and man alive. Even with our insane WR corps it's not easy to move the ball. At least not like it is on NCAA. The pass rush for Madden gives about 1.5 seconds before you're sacked, and Corners never miss Jams.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Talked about Heavy Rain a few posts ago...semi-related...I heard Quantic Dream's new game should make an appearance at next month's E3 convention. That's going to be a hell of a show. Quantic Dream actually has two games in development...one, a PS3 exclusive...the other, they have been talking about going multi-platform with. That said, Sony has apparently expressed some interest in buying Quantic Dream. God I love their games. David Cage is a bit of douche, who loves the sound of his voice...but I love his outlook on gaming. He's all about "adult gaming" and the melding of gaming and cinema. Approaching everything from a real artistic point of view. Quantic Dream is one of the most ambitious developers out there. It's def. exciting to see where they go in the future.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-04-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should follow @EAInsiderDeals on Twitter, or at least bookmark the Twitter site. Almost every EA game at some point is 50% off. Got Madden 12 in October and just got Tiger Woods 12 the other day, both for $30 with free shipping.

http://twitter.com/#!/EAInsiderDeals

Just played TW12 for a couple hours and after not playing the franchise since '07, I really like what I am seeing. The putting is tough as hell at first but I can definitely see the potential in the way they do it now. I wish it was a little more easy to get rid of the caddy (or at least modify his suggestion more easily so you dont have to totally re-plan your shot if you don't like where he says to hit it)

The career mode is RPGish just like I remember except with way more options as far as tuning your golfer. Should definitely get my $30 worth to play on rainy days when I can't actually go golfing.

Last edited by djp : 05-04-2011 at 07:58 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had no idea about that. Thanks djp.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

14 days and counting

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ pic.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can also follow this on facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
You guys should follow @EAInsiderDeals on Twitter, or at least bookmark the Twitter site. Almost every EA game at some point is 50% off. Got Madden 12 in October and just got Tiger Woods 12 the other day, both for $30 with free shipping.

http://twitter.com/#!/EAInsiderDeals

Just played TW12 for a couple hours and after not playing the franchise since '07, I really like what I am seeing. The putting is tough as hell at first but I can definitely see the potential in the way they do it now. I wish it was a little more easy to get rid of the caddy (or at least modify his suggestion more easily so you dont have to totally re-plan your shot if you don't like where he says to hit it)

The career mode is RPGish just like I remember except with way more options as far as tuning your golfer. Should definitely get my $30 worth to play on rainy days when I can't actually go golfing.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Started another Heavy Rain playthrough. First one on my 1080p tv. Yet again another game that doesnt look as good on 1080. Like most games, it's native to 720. It displays at 720 on the tv as well, but there is considerable grain, which I tend to see a lot in video games, now that I got this new tv. Even if the tv is scaled back to 720. Luckily, I found a way to minimize the grain through some site online. It does suck...720p tvs are still the way to go for gaming, until the game industry catches up with native 1080p games, instead of just 1080 "compatible". Otherwise, it's still a lot of fuzzy images and ugly textures playing on a higher resolution.

My experience since getting a giant 1080p tv for gaming...hasnt been the greatest.

But yeah, the game is still fun as ever and now that the grain isnt as noticeable...I'm having fun with it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-05-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a 42" 1080p TV and games look great, but it has a "video game" mode. Plus 42" is not giant, maybe a 50"+ TV would look bad, I don't know. It looks way better than my old 720p TV for games.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have the same size...not "giant" but much bigger than my last tv. In my experience, nearly every game I own looks better on the 720p tv I had. Stretched out textures, screen tearing, and just other weird graphical issues become much more noticeable on this tv. Heck, Drake's shirt in Uncharted 2 looks painted on and fuzzy on this tv. I've def. run into more issues with 360 games, however. Although, I havent revisted a lot of my PS3 games since getting this tv. The downscaling to 720 on these games just isnt as optimal as having a native 720p tv for some reason.

It's a pretty common problem for a lot of people that have upgraded to 1080. A lot of that can really have to do with the tv you have, also.

I will say this, though...Heavy Rain still looks gorgeous, but there is this weird grain that just wasnt there on my previous tv. It looks like heavy film grain, but it's just weird that it wasnt there on my last tv.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-05-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What kind of TV is it? Mine is a Visio and I have no graininess or anything like that.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Tis a Sony Bravia.

Some games just look ugly on a 1080p tv. I wouldnt call this matter with Heavy Rain a bad one, though. Other games like Alan Wake, the original Mass Effect, GTA, etc....there has been some ugliness. It's really on a game to game basis...some look great, a lot of them look pretty poor in comparison. Its been disappointing in a lot of cases.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-05-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upscaling for the loss.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Agreed. Looks like my Heavy Rain problems are over at least. Since getting past a certain part, looks like all that grain is gone. Maybe it was just for the opening sequences? I sure as hell dont remember that, though. Everything looked fuzzy for a while, there. The vivid colors from the mall, did not stand out at all, this time around. And I remember them distinctly from my last playthrough, especially that colorful ass clown. But at least I'm having no problems now.

Gotta say...the use of real american money is amazing. lol. Something you never see. I love seeing a $5 dollar bill, that actually looks like a real $5 bill. Lincoln and all. That's just cool to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-05-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how long the PSN is gonna be down?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said it would be back by May 4th. Obviously that's not the case. I don't think anyone could tell you the right answer.

**** sucks, it cost me 2 prestiges on COD.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Very nice.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to play blackops!!!!

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Agreed. Looks like my Heavy Rain problems are over at least. Since getting past a certain part, looks like all that grain is gone. Maybe it was just for the opening sequences? I sure as hell dont remember that, though. Everything looked fuzzy for a while, there. The vivid colors from the mall, did not stand out at all, this time around. And I remember them distinctly from my last playthrough, especially that colorful ass clown. But at least I'm having no problems now.

Gotta say...the use of real american money is amazing. lol. Something you never see. I love seeing a $5 dollar bill, that actually looks like a real $5 bill. Lincoln and all. That's just cool to me.
I remember something like that for the opening part with mine as well if I recall correctly. I have a 50" Samsung Plasma 1080p. I started off with just the standard cables at first before I got high def cables. The difference is worlds apart. If you do not have high def cables get them now. My tv looks so amazing with anything I play its unreal.

Also heres some info use this site http://blog.us.playstation.com/
They post fairly detailed blogs pretty often.

Quote:
•Sony has been the victim of a very carefully planned, very professional, highly sophisticated criminal cyber attack.
•We discovered that the intruders had planted a file on one of our Sony Online Entertainment servers named “Anonymous” with the words “We are Legion.”
•By April 25, forensic teams were able to confirm the scope of the personal data they believed had been taken, and could not rule out whether credit card information had been accessed. On April 26, we notified customers of those facts.
•As of today, the major credit card companies have not reported any fraudulent transactions that they believe are the direct result of this cyber attack.
•Protecting individuals’ personal data is the highestpriority and ensuring that the Internet can be made secure for commerce is also essential. Worldwide, countries and businesses will have to come together to ensure the safety of commerce over the Internet and find ways to combat cybercrime and cyber terrorism.
•We are taking a number of steps to prevent future breaches, including enhanced levels of data protection and encryption; enhanced ability to detect software intrusions, unauthorized access and unusual activity patterns; additional firewalls; establishment of a new data center in an undisclosed location with increased security; and the naming of a new Chief Information Security Officer.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 05-05-2011 at 05:13 PM.