Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Ahhhhh, its so nice to see the Celtic fans and ESPN happy again. Everyone likes to see it. Apparently, the Cetics are America's Team. I mean my God, I listened to Bill Simmons and Mattew Berry the other day on a Podcast, I follow Simmons on Twitter. Haha, Matthew Berry:"I have to cheer for the Celtics cuz its any1 but the Heat cuz what the Heat is doing doesn't count." Berry is a Laker fan, Simmons is a Celtic fan, and they were complaining the Big 3 is unfair to the NBA. Are u kidding me? Simmons called us bandwagon fans. HAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA! The Celtics have 17 NBA Finals, the Lakers have 16. The Miami Heat have 1. A lot of teams have 0. Lakers and Celtics fans complaining about the Heat having too many stars is like the Yankees complaining that team X spends too much money. Its ******* pathetic. And all of them will come out of their **** holes and go woo hoo we won a game, celebrate. THE CELTICS ARE BACK!!!! Before realizing its still 2-1 and the scheduler did not inexplicably give the old ass Celtics 4 days for the next game. See ya in 48 hours, I hope we beat the living **** out of u. And I hope we break something else of Rondo's.
Where does so much hate come from?
Chill dude it is just a sport.
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is nothing worse than Heat fans bitching about how everyone doesnt love them. I mean honestly...what the **** did you they expecg
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
This is incorrect. MJ was an average shooter. Especially from distance.
I can't count the number of jumpers I watched Jordan take at the end of games. Guess how many I saw him miss...

MJ may have been an average shooter statistically, but that is in a bunch of garbage games that just don't mean much. When Jordan was in the playoffs, he was a nightmare.

He was a better shooter than LeBron (who is probably the better slasher - which is hard to say).
Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
There is nothing worse than Heat fans bitching about how everyone doesnt love them. I mean honestly...what the **** did you they expecg
Dude, we're called bandwagoners and fairweathered. What do u expect? And then, I don't mind certain fans bitching. But Laker and Celtic fans....c'mon. They've won like 33 of the what 50 NBA Championships, so them complaining is outrageous. I just can't stand the Celtics and Lakers. Thats what that is cuz its mostly them saying our fans are bandwagoners, fair weathered, people be questioning our fanhood. It ain't cool.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandoss View Post
Where does so much hate come from?
Chill dude it is just a sport.
Clearly, u are new here. I hate every other team besides my own. I even hate my own team most of the time and rant and ***** about them. So all in all, I hate everything.

Last edited by yodabear : 05-08-2011 at 01:32 AM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:21 AM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No way. MJ was an elite mid range shooter and improved his long range shooting drastically as he got older. Generalizing him as an average shooter is flat out wrong. He would just be Dwayne Wade then, not Michael Jordan.
By the 2nd 3peat Jordan was a fadeaway jump shooter, pretty much like kobe is now. Wade now is better than jordan was on his 2nd 3peat. I don't understand why people don't understand anyone selecting Shaq or even Hakeem if it was a single season instead of a whole career. Big just in general have a much larger impact than wingmen even with the rule changes that favor wing players currently. To tell you the truth, Jordan retired at the perfect time , because no way he was going to win the another final after that lockout with the emergence of Shaq and Kobe.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Gordon made more threes as a Bull than Jordan has.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:43 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clearly, u are new here. I hate every other team besides my own. I even hate my own team most of the time and rant and ***** about them. So all in all, I hate everything.
Hopefully you are still not upset about me stealing Julio Jones from you. :)
Old 05-08-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Hopefully you are still not upset about me stealing Julio Jones from you. :)
Yeah I am, and I am still mad at the Atlanta Falcons. Ahhhh hell, I maybe mad at the world.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuan33 View Post
By the 2nd 3peat Jordan was a fadeaway jump shooter, pretty much like kobe is now. Wade now is better than jordan was on his 2nd 3peat. I don't understand why people don't understand anyone selecting Shaq or even Hakeem if it was a single season instead of a whole career. Big just in general have a much larger impact than wingmen even with the rule changes that favor wing players currently. To tell you the truth, Jordan retired at the perfect time , because no way he was going to win the another final after that lockout with the emergence of Shaq and Kobe.
Yes, except that's false.
Jordan was 34/35 when he retired. You make it sound like he retired to avoid them.

Quote:
Ben Gordon made more threes as a Bull than Jordan has.
...I'm not quite sure where you're going with this
Jordan has more of everything else

All-Time Lineup- 1st Team

C- W.Chamberlain
PF- T.Duncan
SF- L.Bird
SG- M.Jordan
PG- M.Johnson

All-Time 2nd Team

C- B.Russell
PF- C. Barkley
SF- O.Robertson
SG- K.Bryant
PG- J.Stockton

Last edited by Nalej : 05-08-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahhhhh, its so nice to see the Celtic fans and ESPN happy again. Everyone likes to see it. Apparently, the Cetics are America's Team. I mean my God, I listened to Bill Simmons and Mattew Berry the other day on a Podcast, I follow Simmons on Twitter. Haha, Matthew Berry:"I have to cheer for the Celtics cuz its any1 but the Heat cuz what the Heat is doing doesn't count." Berry is a Laker fan, Simmons is a Celtic fan, and they were complaining the Big 3 is unfair to the NBA. Are u kidding me? Simmons called us bandwagon fans. HAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA! The Celtics have 17 NBA Finals, the Lakers have 16. The Miami Heat have 1. A lot of teams have 0. Lakers and Celtics fans complaining about the Heat having too many stars is like the Yankees complaining that team X spends too much money. Its ******* pathetic. And all of them will come out of their **** holes and go woo hoo we won a game, celebrate. THE CELTICS ARE BACK!!!! Before realizing its still 2-1 and the scheduler did not inexplicably give the old ass Celtics 4 days for the next game. See ya in 48 hours, I hope we beat the living **** out of u. And I hope we break something else of Rondo's.
People hate the Heat for reasons that you already know, and people are rooting for the Celtics not because they love them, but because they ******* hate the Heat, most notably LeBrick.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Jordan was 34/35 when he retired. You make it sound like he retired to avoid them.

C- W.Chamberlain
PF- T.Duncan
SF- L.Bird
SG- M.Jordan
PG- M.Johnson

All-Time 2nd Team

C- B.Russell
PF- C. Barkley
SF- O.Robertson
SG- K.Bryant
PG- J.Stockton
The Big O is a point guard. And every day you take Russell over Wilt and twice on the Sabbath.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big Celtics fan but I'll take The Stilt over everyone not named Jordan.
Also, the Big O played the 2 and the 1. I just couldn't leave him off both teams.
I guess I'd put Kobe at the 3 if they were playing an actual team
I wouldn't put him over Jordan/Kobe/Magic/Stockton though

Who are the top small forwards anyways?
S.Pippen, Bird, Dr.J, C.Drexler, G.Hill (before the injuries), LBJ, Iceman, Worthy?
I'm sure I'm missing someone worth mentioning?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just for the heck of it i'll take a team of:

Moses Malone, C
Bob Petit, PF
Elgin Baylor, SF
Jerry West, SG
Isaah Thomas, PG
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, the Big O played the 2 and the 1. I just couldn't leave him off both teams.

S.Pippen, Bird, Dr.J, C.Drexler, G.Hill (before the injuries), LBJ, Iceman, Worthy?

Elgin Baylor.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was just simply stating that since everyone makes Jordan out to be this deity who had no flaws as a player when a glaring weakness to his game was that he did not shoot from distance.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Elgin Baylor.
I didn't forget about him. I didn't know what position he played though
When I saw he was only 6'5", I assumed he was a 2 guard
Most points scored in a finals game. Definitely had some game.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at this Laker defense. They look like they don't want to be there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

**** YOU PEJA! When I needed 1, 1 ******* three to win my fantasy series, you can't hit anything. Now in the playoffs you now think you're larry bird.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Quote:

C- W.Chamberlain
PF- T.Duncan
SF- L.Bird
SG- M.Jordan
PG- M.Johnson

All-Time 2nd Team

C- B.Russell
PF- C. Barkley
SF- O.Robertson
SG- K.Bryant
PG- J.Stockton
I hope you understand that a prime Wade was better than a 36 year old Jordan. I'm just stating my opinion that if he didn't retire after that jazz match up and kept playing with that core group, there was no way they'd be able to beat the lakers. It's not a disrespect or anything at all and he retired because Jerry Krause broke up the bulls to rebuild. Phil retired and Krause didn't want to give Scottie a long term extension so he retired which was perfect because he came out on top.

Yea that's a good team of all time players but if you were realistically making a team, I don't think you could do anything about this one.

C-Shaq
PF-Hakeem
SF-Pippen/Rodman
SG-Jordan
PG-Payton

Don't know if you want to trade the scoring/defense of Pippen for the Defense and rebounding of rodman.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

Quote:

Depends if you want pure offense, defense or a mixture.

Offense wise it has to be Bird or Mcgrady

Defense it's either pippen or Rodman (the man could defense 4 positions and was just a beast overall)

The best overall is probably LBJ though if you didn't have players that needed to dominate the ball on your team.

Oh and you forgot Elgin Baylor and Hondo (John Havlicek).

Last edited by tuan33 : 05-08-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
People hate the Heat for reasons that you already know, and people are rooting for the Celtics not because they love them, but because they ******* hate the Heat, most notably LeBrick.
I'm going with that same reasoning when it comes for rooting for the Mavs.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
**** YOU PEJA! When I needed 1, 1 ******* three to win my fantasy series, you can't hit anything. Now in the playoffs you now think you're larry bird.
The Lakers defense looks worse than the Houston Texans secondary.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Is it just me or are the Lakers really bad? Either that or they quit on Phil. Gasol has been flat out bad this series, Bynum is alright, Odom has been terrible, Fisher is just terrible, and Kobe has been meh. And the second unit has been embarrassing.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 05-08-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I'm going with that same reasoning when it comes for rooting for the Mavs.
Yeah, that was my original reason for rooting for the Mavs, but I have watched every game this series and have fallen in love with the way they play. I am on this bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs.

Bonekrusher.

Quote: