Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-28-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

I'm all about Peterson but you can't pass on Dareus if he is there.

SO! Hypothetically we go Dareus at 3.. Who are we taking in round 2?

IMO we stick with defense and go Brooks Reed. Followed by Sheppard in the 3rd.

Last edited by ruthlessrussian : 04-29-2011 at 12:35 AM.
ruthlessrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now in R2 see what Qbs are there, i'd only go Colin K. or Locker. Reed would be a nice get unless you think Locker or Colin can lead your team. Sheppard in R4 sounds good to me too.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you arizona for taking peterson son of a ******* *****.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong forum dude.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far so good. Of course our OL is a sieve and we don't have a franchise QB and we won't be a contender again next year but there is always eternal hope.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
So far so good. Of course our OL is a sieve and we don't have a franchise QB and we won't be a contender again next year but there is always eternal hope.
Yeah, about that...
Old 04-29-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Can we just have both?..
I wish....
Old 04-29-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Dareus is on board (Poz51 Smiles, and was giddy last night...), I think they have a great chance to continue building in round 2.

Personally I want Rudolph ("banging the table"), I think his ability to block and improve in that department, in addition to his catching ability and being a threat in the passing game would do wonders for the offense, but for the first time in almost two decades the Bills took the guy I thought was the best pick in the draft for them, so I am not going to push my luck...

Daquan Bowers? Brooks Reed? Martez Wilson? Justin Houston? Akeem Ayers?
or do they grab a Ryan Mallett, Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick?

I like the thought of adding Reed myself, and Sheppard in round 3 or 4, although I really like the thought of going Rudolph then Sheppard with our next two picks (as long as they are there), as it would give us 3 starters with our first three picks, the defense would improve, as would the offense...

Although a draft of Dareus, Reed, and Sheppard would be huge defensively.

Last edited by Poz51 : 04-29-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dareus and Brooks Reed would compeltely transform this defense. I really like our line if Troup develops, I think Kyle Williams can handle end.

Dareus-Troup-Williams

Thats a great line right there. Get Brooks Reed in to upgrade the pass rush and we are looking much better. Will take some pressure off the corners too and I think McKelvin will step up. Playing CB for the Bills was a nightmare last year (you need to creep in to help out our god awful run D and when you are in coverage, you know that QB is going to have all day). All in all, we can get better on defense during these 3 days, a lot better.

Offense will still blow, which is a blessing in disguise. I don't see us winning more than 6 games next year and hopefully we can get a piece of the stud QB class next year. We wont get Luck, but add Barkley or Foles and pick up a LT in the 2nd and we could be in business. Things are looking up for the Buffalo Bills. God, thats the first time I said that in awhile.......
Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Now that Dareus is on board (Poz51 Smiles, and was giddy last night...), I think they have a great chance to continue building in round 2.

Personally I want Rudolph ("banging the table"), I think his ability to block and improve in that department, in addition to his catching ability and being a threat in the passing game would do wonders for the offense, but for the first time in almost two decades the Bills took the guy I thought was the best pick in the draft for them, so I am not going to push my luck...

Daquan Bowers? Brooks Reed? Martez Wilson? Justin Houston? Akeem Ayers?
or do they grab a Ryan Mallett, Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick?

I like the thought of adding Reed myself, and Sheppard in round 3 or 4, although I really like the thought of going Rudolph then Sheppard with our next two picks (as long as they are there), as it would give us 3 starters with our first three picks, the defense would improve, as would the offense...

Although a draft of Dareus, Reed, and Sheppard would be huge defensively.
There are really SOO many options for this pick..

Rudolph would kill but shoring up the pass rush needs to take priority and thats why I am thinking Reed.

But you mention Wilson, Houston, and Ayers..

I wonder who the FO considers to be the top pass rusher at this point?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I think Dareus and Brooks Reed would compeltely transform this defense. I really like our line if Troup develops, I think Kyle Williams can handle end.

Dareus-Troup-Williams

Thats a great line right there. Get Brooks Reed in to upgrade the pass rush and we are looking much better. Will take some pressure off the corners too and I think McKelvin will step up. Playing CB for the Bills was a nightmare last year (you need to creep in to help out our god awful run D and when you are in coverage, you know that QB is going to have all day). All in all, we can get better on defense during these 3 days, a lot better.

Offense will still blow, which is a blessing in disguise. I don't see us winning more than 6 games next year and hopefully we can get a piece of the stud QB class next year. We wont get Luck, but add Barkley or Foles and pick up a LT in the 2nd and we could be in business. Things are looking up for the Buffalo Bills. God, thats the first time I said that in awhile.......
I completely agree
Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Do any of you guys think Ijalana would be worth it at this point? or who are you liking of the OT's remaining?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dareus-Troup-Williams

I would agree but only if we can convince Ralph Wilson to keep our impact players on the roster when they become FA's. In the past, he has let our stars go to other teams as soon as he had to pay them serious money.
I'm not convinced he has the will to win any longer and I'm afraid, we will just have to wait till he passes the team on to somebody else who has the determination to succeed.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would agree but only if we can convince Ralph Wilson to keep our impact players on the roster when they become FA's. In the past, he has let our stars go to other teams as soon as he had to pay them serious money.
I'm not convinced he has the will to win any longer and I'm afraid, we will just have to wait till he passes the team on to somebody else who has the determination to succeed.
Jason Peters is really the only guy in recent memory who fits what you're describing and he clearly wanted more money than he was worth and started rocking the boat.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Jason Peters is really the only guy in recent memory who fits what you're describing and he clearly wanted more money than he was worth and started rocking the boat.
What about Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield in their prime, both all pro CB's when they left via FA.
Philly didn't think Peters wasn't worth the money, name another team that let these kind of foundation players just walk away. Peters simply wanted to be paid the going rate for a top LT in the NFL and Ralph refused to pay him accordingly. That is Ralph's track record in the Cap era which is why it has been so long since we have been a serious contender in the NFL. He's cheap, cheap and more cheap.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
What about Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield in their prime, both all pro CB's when they left via FA.
Philly didn't think Peters wasn't worth the money, name another team that let these kind of foundation players just walk away. Peters simply wanted to be paid the going rate for a top LT in the NFL and Ralph refused to pay him accordingly. That is Ralph's track record in the Cap era which is why it has been so long since we have been a serious contender in the NFL. He's cheap, cheap and more cheap.
Winfield yes. Pat Williams yes. Clements no way! Not that I didn't love the guy while he was a Bill, but in all honesty, would you have really wanted to keep him with a similar sized contract to the one he got from the 49ers?..

And with Peters we got got compensation so losing him was not all that bad.

But I do get what your saying. We do need to stop drafting to fill holes.

Last edited by ruthlessrussian : 05-01-2011 at 05:03 PM.
ruthlessrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...448-in-january

I think you got yourself a steal

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll agree with you on Winfield, but Nate Clements was horribly overpaid, top teams like New England, Philadelphia and the Giants would have done the exact same thing, that was just too much money tied into one player who wasn't worth it, that's not being cheap.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Riiight?

Really, for a 7th round pick, regardless of size and athleticism, I have little expectation for him to contribute to this team.

Though I also thought the same thing about Stevie Johnson..
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Thats so awesome. I'm really interested in seeing what happens with him over the next three years (assuming he makes it through TC and at least onto the PS)
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We wont get Luck, but add Barkley or Foles and pick up a LT in the 2nd and we could be in business. Things are looking up for the Buffalo Bills. God, thats the first time I said that in awhile.......
I completely agree with things looking up, the last two drafts actually make sense and show direction. Landry from Oklahoma is a kid I will be watching very closely this year, if he improves his accuracy and descision making I think he has franchise/top five written all over him. I like the direction they are heading in alot, for the first time in a while indeed...
Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

I'll believe it when Ralph actually signs some of his top players to large contracts rather than see them leave through FA or trades. It has been awhile since he has done it.
I'm hearing that Whitner is as good as gone.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The draft was excellent for getting 3 guys who may play a lot early, plus a few others who will be carried as backups. Dareus was outstanding.
Buffalo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'll believe it when Ralph actually signs some of his top players to large contracts rather than see them leave through FA or trades. It has been awhile since he has done it.
I'm hearing that Whitner is as good as gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo M View Post
The draft was excellent for getting 3 guys who may play a lot early, plus a few others who will be carried as backups. Dareus was outstanding.
Ralph is going to have to keep some guys around if he truely wants to win a super bowl, and im not talking about Chris Kelsey...
The talk would certainly lead you to believe that he is here for one more year depending on the CBA or out the door. So it looks like the drafting of DaNorris Searcy means there could be 4 guys who play alot early (if Whitner leaves), which IMO is good news as Dareus, Williams, Sheppard and Searcy, with Carrington, Troup, Moats and last years guys have a chance to really grow together, plus the depth behind should only enhance the team.
Do you guys think they should shift the focus to offense in the draft, keep it on defense, or can they start mixing the two?
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Ralph is going to have to keep some guys around if he truely wants to win a super bowl, and im not talking about Chris Kelsey...
The talk would certainly lead you to believe that he is here for one more year depending on the CBA or out the door. So it looks like the drafting of DaNorris Searcy means there could be 4 guys who play alot early (if Whitner leaves), which IMO is good news as Dareus, Williams, Sheppard and Searcy, with Carrington, Troup, Moats and last years guys have a chance to really grow together, plus the depth behind should only enhance the team.
Do you guys think they should shift the focus to offense in the draft, keep it on defense, or can they start mixing the two?
I'm sorry, but I see no sign that Ralph has a commitment to winning, he may fantasize about it, but he just won't spend the money to make Buffalo a winner again. That is the bottom line.