Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-25-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Show off. I would say yes. That's uncommon.
I'm trying to get up to a set of 315 by next summer.
Not sure what my one rep max is right now. Next tried it.

So I've strained the **** out of my back doing deadlifts
stop doing them for a while to let my back rest/heal
then a couple of weeks later, I strained it again doing bent-over rows.
This **** ******* sucks.
Anyone ever deal with this? What's the best way to help it heal? To go along with rest.
I'm taking the next two weeks to just work on cardio and finals.
Then I'll resume weight-lifting. I'll be starting a "cut" phase this time around though

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Show off. I would say yes. That's uncommon.
I'm trying to get up to a set of 315 by next summer.
Not sure what my one rep max is right now. Next tried it.

So I've strained the **** out of my back doing deadlifts
stop doing them for a while to let my back rest/heal
then a couple of weeks later, I strained it again doing bent-over rows.
This **** ******* sucks.
Anyone ever deal with this? What's the best way to help it heal? To go along with rest.
I'm taking the next two weeks to just work on cardio and finals.
Then I'll resume weight-lifting. I'll be starting a "cut" phase this time around though
I got a herniated disc from doing deadlifts, which is why I stopped lifting in 06. I maxed 600 so my "brilliant" coach thought I could do the Bigger Fast Stronger sets with 8 reps 40% 6 reps 45% 4 reps 50%... lets just say I ended up crying and had to go to hospital.

They required me no lifting at all for a month, put me on two types of medicine (one was the steroids to help you) and almost had surgery. Then I played my senior year of HS with the crap and it was baddd. Still affects me every once in awhile, but its just something Ive learned to deal with. I dont know any remedies for stuff except Epson Salt is magic.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone use jacked?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never used it. I'm afraid I would buy some and then my body would adjust to the stimulant in a week and the rest would be useless to me.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

I tried it yesterday, my cousin uses one scoop but said since I am bigger (6'0-6'1 240) I need more for it to work, so I decided to take 3.5 scoops. Lets just say it was crazy and it ended with me crapping and puking in the Wal-Marts bathroom.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Always, always use 1 scoop when dealing with stim products for the first time.

Some are really potent in terms of what they contain for psychotrophic effects, like Jack3d and MusclePrime (not just the stims, but other compounds like DMAE).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The DMAA is what appears to be the biggest stim in it and can be had at Amazon for cheap: http://www.amazon.com/3-Dimethylamyl.../dp/B003WSQPPQ

I use a non-stimulant pre-workout called Results by At Large Nutrition. I am not sure how much it has helped. I am not going to use it for a while once this tub runs out to see how it affects my energy.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-11-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have a suggestion for running shoes that I can lift in? Looking at the Reebok Realflex but really don't know anything about running shoes.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use C4 and really I haven't felt ****.

I know a bunch of guys who use Jack3d. You pretty much feel it for about a week and then it dies down. My friend who's using it said he'll throw it away because it makes him really dizzy and he feels like ****. He only uses like 1 scoop of it. But I know another very guy good at the gym who said he likes it, so IDK.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I use C4 and really I haven't felt ****.

I know a bunch of guys who use Jack3d. You pretty much feel it for about a week and then it dies down. My friend who's using it said he'll throw it away because it makes him really dizzy and he feels like ****. He only uses like 1 scoop of it. But I know another very guy good at the gym who said he likes it, so IDK.
People become stim sensitive. It's the same reason why it's recommended to use a product like NO-Xplode/MusclePrime/Jack3d for a month then cycle off so the body can reset, and the same results can be felt later on.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Anyone have a suggestion for running shoes that I can lift in? Looking at the Reebok Realflex but really don't know anything about running shoes.
I don't know about lifting, but I like my new zigtechs. They're good for running. Fo sho.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Depending on the kind of lifting you are going to do, running shoes usually aren't the best because of the compressible sole. For things like squats and deadlifts (and to a lesser extent any other lift done standing up) they create less of a stable base to stand on and you waste energy compressing the sole that could be use to push against the floor and therefore lift the weight. It isn't the end of the world if that's all you have to lift in, or if you do primarily machine and non-standing lifts. But Converse Chucks are cheap and the sole is non-compressible.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna start running a significant amount more so that's the main issue, I just want to make sure I don't destroy my foot if something drops on it like it seems with the vibram shoes. I'll probably still lift in my old shoes.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

If you are interested in vibrams but don't want to worry about foot damage or look like a lizard you could try Nike Free Run shoes. They are more "minimalist" but they are still shoes. I think those 5 Fingers look ridiculous and would never wear them in public.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 05-13-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously it's way too light if you can do this many reps but damn this is motivational, haha that last rep thought he might blow a kidney:

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nike Frees are the sex. They're so good for both running and lifting.

^picture of the pair I own.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Obviously it's way too light if you can do this many reps but damn this is motivational, haha that last rep thought he might blow a kidney:

I hate trap bar deadlifts its basically a 1/8th squat. but that was impressive.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really have "lifting shoes". Depends on what I want to do before/after the workout.
I like to shoot around (basketball) prior to or run after the workout.
So I'm either wearing Jordans or my New Balance running shoes.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

There's a Nike Free TR out now. The cushioning isn't as strong as the Nike Free Run+ pair of kicks.

That said and all, I kinda wish Nike still produced Sparq S9s.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love Nike Free's. Insanely light and comfortable, perfect for running or the gym.

PS, how much protein do you guys consume post workout? Like 30 minutes-ish after?
I've been putting one scoop of my powder in milk or a shake (I think thats 30-35ish? grams), but my buddy told me today he puts in about double that.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I've read and been told that the max your body can take in and use is 40ish grams per serving.
The ON Whey Protein I use is 24g/scoop... so I put in two scoops to max out.
70-80g's is just a waste of protein.

I would stick with what you do. Don't over do it or you'll just be (pooping) out the excess... and protein isn't cheap now a days.

(damn censoring)

Last edited by Nalej : 05-16-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started using Complex. It is ******* great.
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used Jack3d for quite some time. Towards the end, about a month ago, I was up to 3 scoops. I just felt more of a pump at that point. I've lifted since without it and it hasn't been any different other than the fuller feeling in your muscles.

I'm going to stack C4 and Yok3d in the near future. Heard it was super intense. I've never used either so I'm definitely going to test some C4 first.

As far as the shoe question, I'd go with any Nike running shoe personally. I feel most comfortable in them not only when running but lifting as well.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Love Nike Free's. Insanely light and comfortable, perfect for running or the gym.

PS, how much protein do you guys consume post workout? Like 30 minutes-ish after?
I've been putting one scoop of my powder in milk or a shake (I think thats 30-35ish? grams), but my buddy told me today he puts in about double that.
I drink a shake when I get back and about 45 minutes later eat a full meal with my carbs, proteins, and fats. The body can only process so much protein in a certain period of time I'm told. I believe it's something like 35-40 grams. I tend to spread my intake over the course of a day.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

This is going to be a triple post but whatever.

My Sundays are cardio typically but I want to do a full ab workout as well. Usually I do 3 different exercises at the end of 3 of my workouts during the week but I figured devoting a day to them would increase development. Anyone have ideas?