Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was 2009 - 2010 Chris Bosh then maybe. But other than 2010 - 2011 Chris Bosh, the Miami Heat have absolute nothing worth of value on the open market.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather have CP3 to be honest

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I guess I will be the sole believer in thinking that LA will not get Dwight. Keep feasting on the LA times though. They'll tell you the real truth that you want to hear about Dwight coming to LA. ;)

But what I don't get is... The Lakers problem isn't in the post. It's at the damn PG position. I don't get why there isn't more talk of Chris Paul going to LA rather than Dwight...

ehhhh... I guess I know why... It's a lot easier to draw the ole.... "Shaq left the Magic to LA" to draw easy believers, than to come up with something new that makes more sense, but is harder to sell.

Seriously though... why do you guys buy into the idea that the world revolves around the Lakers? Rather than Dwight being traded to LA, why isn't it any other team? Hell, why wouldn't it be Miami? They could send Bosh, etc. LA ain't the only team in the NBA who would want Dwight and has players they could send back that would be just as attractive as what LA has. Geez ma neez.
The reason Dwight has been talked about so much because so many people assumed that after this season that Shaw would step in as the coach and we would continue to run the triangle. Running the triangle doesnt require an elite PG like CP3 and in the end it would almost waste his abilities. Dwight has also been rumored becauase LA has always had that "sexy big man" between having Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, you name it....they have always had a superstar big man, and while Bynum most certainly has the potential to be that guy for us....why wait when we could possibly go out and get the best big man in the game?

Now dont get me wrong, I would have no problem keeping Bynum if I had any belief that he could stay healthy season after season. I would be more than fine with bring in Paul if we bring in Adelman as the next coach, but we would prolly have to give up Bynum to do it and then we would be without a center because Pau has no chance at guarding opposing centers.

Also D-Unit, I sure hope that you dont want anything to do with Bosh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I guess I will be the sole believer in thinking that LA will not get Dwight. Keep feasting on the LA times though. They'll tell you the real truth that you want to hear about Dwight coming to LA. ;)

But what I don't get is... The Lakers problem isn't in the post. It's at the damn PG position. I don't get why there isn't more talk of Chris Paul going to LA rather than Dwight...

ehhhh... I guess I know why... It's a lot easier to draw the ole.... "Shaq left the Magic to LA" to draw easy believers, than to come up with something new that makes more sense, but is harder to sell.

Seriously though... why do you guys buy into the idea that the world revolves around the Lakers? Rather than Dwight being traded to LA, why isn't it any other team? Hell, why wouldn't it be Miami? They could send Bosh, etc. LA ain't the only team in the NBA who would want Dwight and has players they could send back that would be just as attractive as what LA has. Geez ma neez.
naw, I also think that L.A. will not get Dwight Howard. I think that its going to be the Brooklyn Nets or Thunder that get Howard if the lose to the Grizz. The dark horse is Atlanta since he is from there and they some talent to trade.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wont happen, but the Heat would be better off if they traded Bosh. Lebron and Wade dont need much around them, but you could really build a better, more well rounded team, with the value they could get back for a Bosh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It wont happen, but the Heat would be better off if they traded Bosh. Lebron and Wade dont need much around them, but you could really build a better, more well rounded team, with the value they could get back for a Bosh.
I think so too, I just dont think Bosh is right for that team and he is underachieving big time. If they traded him and got a bunch of good complimentary players....wow.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt they'll trade him after winning a championship. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I doubt they'll trade him after winning a championship. :D
lol, really. Regardless of if they traded him or not...the Heat are probably going to become that long lasting dynasty, anyway.

But they could certainly have a better team with pieces they get for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-15-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news.....Game 7 today is going to be sick. I really hope OKC figures out this offensive **** they have going on right now because if they do they can absolutely win it all. Durant needs to touch the ball down the stretch though and he can't settle for threes like he did in game 6.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** OKC and Westbrook, this is Memphis' game dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
**** OKC and Westbrook, this is Memphis' game dammit.

I wouldn't mind if Memphis won either. One of the few NBA series' where I would be happy no matter who wins. OKC would have a better chance at beating Dallas I think though.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Idk if this has been posted yet, and being a Lakers fan idk if i should find it as humorous as I do, but here ya go.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/148...eatured_videos

Quote:
Old 05-15-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I wouldn't mind if Memphis won either. One of the few NBA series' where I would be happy no matter who wins. OKC would have a better chance at beating Dallas I think though.
No they wouldn't. Memphis is a way better matchup for Dallas, but then again I just ******* hate Westbrook.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-15-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I just dont want to see Dallas in the finals. Nothing against them...I just like rooting for a young ass team like OKC or a big ole underdog like Memphis better. You dont see teams like this make it to the NBA finals often.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-15-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
No they wouldn't. Memphis is a way better matchup for Dallas, but then again I just ******* hate Westbrook.

I don't think that's true at all. Chandler would be able to slow down Randolph or Gasol whoever they put him on, and who on Dallas is able to guard either Durant or Westbrook? Kidd was able to stay with Kobe because he's just a jump shooter at this point, that's not true for Durant or Westbrook. Neither has anyone who can guard Dirk (no one does really) so that's a wash.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't think that's true at all. Chandler would be able to slow down Randolph or Gasol whoever they put him on, and who on Dallas is able to guard either Durant or Westbrook? Kidd was able to stay with Kobe because he's just a jump shooter at this point, that's not true for Durant or Westbrook. Neither has anyone who can guard Dirk (no one does really) so that's a wash.
But then you have Memphis' perimeter D vs. Dallas' perimeter offense.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooo Game 7. Yeya!!1

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

think was a bad call against Z-Bo

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-15-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Nick Collison is a ridiculous defender.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Man...love James Harden

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-15-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The refs are absolutely awful in this game, my god.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see no way that Dallas can stop Durant and Westbrook

but it will also be hard for OKC to stop Dirk, still going to be a lot closer series than I think most people believe

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I can't believe how much Harden has improved over this year. He's a legitimate third scoring option for them now.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

With every fiber of my being I hope Dallas crushes Oklahoma City.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
With every fiber of my being I hope Dallas crushes Oklahoma City.

I can see cheering for Dirk but what the hell is there to dislike about the Thunder?