Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaDominant View Post
That's just absurd. Lebron James is the reason they went from laughing stock to a 60 win team. He's as unimaginative of an offensive coach as there could possibly be.

What Adelman did in Houston is an infinitely superior coaching job than anything Mike Brown did in Cleveland. He was just unfortunate enough to always be coaching against Phil Jackson with an in-prime MJ/Kobe.
Well they didnt win 66 games with Paul Silas thats for damn sure.

The NBA now has hit an all time popularity. What people dont get is that the NBA is actually more popular now than it was when Michael Jordan is in the league.

Lot of that can be attributed to a lot of things such as influx of new stars, better competition and yes of course these new super teams who have taken upon the role of the Villain in the NBA.

We have a modern day NEw York Yankees everyone!
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:21 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read the last two pages and I just had a good chuckle about how sickwitit thinks Kobe is a top 3 player still and how he thinks his reasons justify his statement.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think people are forgetting that Deron Williams is the greatest player in the history of history because he's awesome and his beard is sweet and he made the Nets win games despite starting Sasha Vujacic and Stephen Graham along side him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I just read the last two pages and I just had a good chuckle about how sickwitit thinks Kobe is a top 3 player still and how he thinks his reasons justify his statement.
How do my reasons not justify my statement? Just curious....I dont really want to start this argument again, I just wanna know why you say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaDominant View Post
That's just absurd. Lebron James is the reason they went from laughing stock to a 60 win team. He's as unimaginative of an offensive coach as there could possibly be.

What Adelman did in Houston is an infinitely superior coaching job than anything Mike Brown did in Cleveland. He was just unfortunate enough to always be coaching against Phil Jackson with an in-prime MJ/Kobe.
I would much rather have Adelman, hes my favorite pick.

However, it is hard for me to believe that the ONLY reason the Cavs played that well is because of Lebron. I would think that Brown had involvement in that turn around as well.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Brown is a great defensive coach, but I don't think he has a clue about offensive.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would the Lakers be bringing in Brown to turn around their D while maintaining their current offensive scheme? (The triangle)
Could B.Shaw (who I doubt gets a coaching job anywhere this year) stick around and coach the offense?
I read he knew the ins and outs of the triangle and (if made coach, in the article) he would maintain the triangle.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Would the Lakers be bringing in Brown to turn around their D while maintaining their current offensive scheme? (The triangle)
Could B.Shaw (who I doubt gets a coaching job anywhere this year) stick around and coach the offense?
I read he knew the ins and outs of the triangle and (if made coach, in the article) he would maintain the triangle.
There are rumors going around that Buss is wanting to bring in a completely new coaching staff...I dont know how I feel about that. I would like a new offensive scheme, but with Brown hes much more of a defensive coach.

I want Adelman bad because his offense is similar to the triangle, and his offense wouldnt be a drastic change.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Looks like Brown to LA is official.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6587752

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
How do my reasons not justify my statement? Just curious....I dont really want to start this argument again, I just wanna know why you say that.
He is a very savvy scorer, but doesn't get to the lane, doesn't create for teammates, just got swept in the playoffs in a humiliating fashion, his 5 titles have nothing to do with where he ranks as a player RIGHT NOW. I don't get how anyone could legitimately say he is still the 3rd best player in the league.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gtdamn, I'm not down with the Mike Brown hire. I wanted either Shaw or even JVG.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is such a laughably horrible choice.

If people thought the Lakers locker room was bad news this year just wait until the Zen Master is no longer around
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, i've got a feeling that the Lakers dynasty is coming to an end

edit: barring a big move ala acquiring D12
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Meh, people were calling for Doc Rivers' head when he was in Orlando and look at him now....hes considered one of the coaches in this league who may fall under the unfirable list. Maybe Brown turns his career around.

Edit: I am not by any means comparing Brown to the type of coach Rivers is....just the situations they share.

Quote:

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 05-25-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it's a good hire

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Yea, I guess I'm in the minority here but I think it's a good hire
I love the idea that he is a defensive coach, that is exactly what we need. While I did prefer Adelman this may be a better hire. I would hope that they can get Shaw to stay on board as an offensive coach.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

id put money on Shaw to GS now
Old 05-25-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
id put money on Shaw to GS now
Me too. Kind of upsets me, but i wouldnt blame him.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching last nights game was pretty funny thinking back on some of the comments in this thread about the Heat and LBJ. Remeber when this was Wade's team? Lebron was supposed to be Robin? Remeber when the Heat couldn't win close games, or Lebron wasn't clutch? Priceless. I know Wade played well in spurts but he has been the 3rd best player on that team most of the playoffs and he looks like he's gonna have a sharp decline in productivity for the rest of his career.

Mav fever 2nite let's get it! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh, people were calling for Doc Rivers' head when he was in Orlando and look at him now....hes considered one of the coaches in this league who may fall under the unfirable list. Maybe Brown turns his career around.

Edit: I am not by any means comparing Brown to the type of coach Rivers is....just the situations they share.
I dunno if Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches in the league to be honest. Seems like a good fit in Boston...but still.

And for the most part I would say that once a bad coach generally always a bad coach
Old 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
I dunno if Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches in the league to be honest. Seems like a good fit in Boston...but still.

And for the most part I would say that once a bad coach generally always a bad coach
I just dont know how you can label him as a bad coach in cleveland....he had 2 60 win seasons lol.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just dont know how you can label him as a bad coach in cleveland....he had 2 60 win seasons lol.
Its the moments like these
and the fact that people believe Lebron is more of the reason for Cavs success
Old 05-25-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Its the moments like these
and the fact that people believe Lebron is more of the reason for Cavs success
Ive heard many people say he isnt an offensive coach. He prolly gave more of his offensive responsibilities to an offensive coach, which is why I would like to keep Shaw.

Also keep in mind that when Lebron entered the league he was a pretty bad defender....Brown has definitely helped a little bit with what he has become.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ive heard many people say he isnt an offensive coach. He prolly gave more of his offensive responsibilities to an offensive coach, which is why I would like to keep Shaw.

Also keep in mind that when Lebron entered the league he was a pretty bad defender....Brown has definitely helped a little bit with what he has become.
Ya he is a defensive coach but that isnt a good look for your head coach walking around aimlessly doing nothing in a OT playoff game. Also the Cle offensive scheme was not that creative.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

Quote:
Judging a coach isn't as easy as just looking at regular season wins "lol"