Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2011, 05:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A Song of Ice and Fire (TV/Book Spoilers)

this show certainly needs its own thread, just finished today's episode the ending was one of the best thing i have ever seen movie or tv

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got HBO to watch this show. Glad to see it stacks up to the hopes I had. Now i just need to find the time to catch up
Old 05-23-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch much tv but right now I'm keeping up with How I Met Your Mother, Camelot and Game of Thrones.

GoT is really good. I'm actually thinking of reading the books.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Show has been excellent so far but I have not read the books. I sometimes get the families mixed up but I printed something out to help me in that regards.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's a wiki with family trees. really helpful for understanding the dynamics (just be careful not to read the spoilers). from people I've talked to who read the books, the series is not disappointing in the least. helps that martin started off as a screenwright.

Last edited by nepg : 05-23-2011 at 08:56 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The books are really fantastic and the 5th book comes out sometime this year.. in July I think. He hasn't released a book in like 6 years or something so I was thinking about re-reading them all before that. I've been kinda busy lately so we'll see if I can make the time. :(

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the first few episodes, then started reading the book.

I'm pretty amazed at how true it is to the book so far. Hopefully that continues.

btw: is next weeks episode on HBOGo already?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best episode yet. wow.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

I'm pretty amazed at how true it is to the book so far. Hopefully that continues.

I believe so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having Martin involved seems to have ensured the series follows the books almost exactly. Obviously, as with any book-to-movie title, the book has room for far more information and is by far the better option.

Didnt' watch last night's episode yet - not that it matters much since as the story unfolds I have been easily able to recall the whole thing despite reading it almost a decade ago. (perhaps it is more than a decade . . . don't really want to think about that too hard. lol)

But that fact alone makes me realize how well written the series is. It's not often that even the small details remain after that long. It's only the best stuff that sticks that well.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fan-*******-tastic show. Easily my favorite show in the last few years.

Im in the process of reading the book as a result of this show, and I'm actually glad to have seen most of it first. I think its a rare case of it being a good thing to see the show before reading the source material. And I only say that because, as of now, the show has been extremely faithful to the book. And because of that, because they dont take completely different directions with it (so far), Im greatly enjoying all of the extra little details to things that Ive seen on screen, rather than being peeved about the show leaving things out, which is likely what id feel if Id have read the book before seeing the show.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

Yes. The site I use already has it available for download. The quality doesn't appear to be that great though.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya ill be waiting for HD, half of the awesomeness is just the sets and such

Old 05-23-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really glad to see that you guys are liking this show. I had been waiting for it to come out for a while but at the same time was worried that it would ruin the books for me. Glad they kept close to the books with a few minor discrepancies.

StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

count me in on this show is badass im about to watch episode 6, also its rated 9.5 on imdb also very impressive
Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it. Always wanted to read the books but never found the time. Still gonna read the books at some point but the show has been fantastic thus far and have no reason to believe it wont continue to be. Sunday nights on HBO are fuckn epic.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the folks I know who is a avid reader and was a huge fan of the books is only slightly disappointed with the show. His beef is with the role the wolves have played in the series thus far compared to their importance in the book series. I have to agree with him on Ep. 6. There was no reason for the two wolves to not be out there with them. That's the first big change from the book (mostly happened because they didn't want to pay for the CGI).
Old 05-24-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm going to try to read the books before the 5th comes out.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll definitely have the first four books re-read before the 5th comes out.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily my favorite show on TV right now. Never read the books, or even heard of them for that matter until they decided to make the show.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:01 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ya ill be waiting for HD, half of the awesomeness is just the sets and such
Yeah, I'm waiting as well. Plus I'd rather not wait 2 weeks for a new episode.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has one of the greatest opening credits sequences ever. Love the map. Its like an elder scrolls game opening on crack with a happy ending thrown in for free.

I haven't read any of the books yet. I'll probably blow through them after the season is over. I love how all the hot chicks get naked. Some of the episodes get kinda dense with lore, but they at least reward the viewers' persistence with nudity and blood.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Episode 7 Spoiler

Episode 7 Spoiler

Last edited by StripedWalrus : 05-25-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i dont wanna touch that spoiler tag since ep. 7 is out, can people put like ep. 6 spoiler or 7 or something just so you dont accidentally ruin it for someone

Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I almost regret watching Episode 7. Now I have to wait nearly 2 weeks for the next episode. I already know what happens and yet I am still worried about what happens next. They are doing great with this show.

Anyone play the Game of Thrones Board game?