Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
Judging a coach isn't as easy as just looking at regular season wins "lol"
Yes I know that.

Im just saying you dont win 60 games in a season by mistake man. He wasnt the only one on those teams who struggled in the playoffs. He knows how to win being an assistant on former championship teams in San Antonio....hes no slouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya he is a defensive coach but that isnt a good look for your head coach walking around aimlessly doing nothing in a OT playoff game. Also the Cle offensive scheme was not that creative.
Which is why I would like to keep Shaw so we can stick with the triangle or another good offensive coach who will help with that side of the ball.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Which is why I would like to keep Shaw so we can stick with the triangle or another good offensive coach who will help with that side of the ball.

Cle scheme wasn't so complicated that he couldn't call the plays. The fact that he needs a offensive coordinator for lack of better terms is sad.

If Jerry West offers Shaw the Golden St Job why would Shaw stay as an Assistant for the guy the Lakers chosen over him?
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cle scheme wasn't so complicated that he couldn't call the plays. The fact that he needs a offensive coordinator for lack of better terms is sad.

If Jerry West offers Shaw the Golden St Job why would Shaw stay as an Assistant for the guy the Lakers chosen over him?
I don't think West will offer Shaw the Golden State job, as he and Phil Jackson didn't get along and/or see eye-to-eye philosophically.

He won't stay in LA, either. Jim Buss is making it pretty clear that he's trying to distance himself from the Phil Jackson era.

Shaw will get a HC opportunity elsewhere, I assume. Don't see him back in LA, though.
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I really dont think he will...Im just hoping more than anything lol.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The NBA now has hit an all time popularity. What people dont get is that the NBA is actually more popular now than it was when Michael Jordan is in the league.

Lot of that can be attributed to a lot of things such as
... More people on earth.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
He simply has no pace. What makes Rose great is he knows when to slow it down then explode. Westbrook has only one speed. We talk about receivers failing because they dont' know how how change speeds to run routes, in the NBA it's even a bigger issue. Everyone knows which direction you are going, straight to the hoop. It doesn't matter how fast you are if you don't have pacing you will get contested at the rim every time and get stripped.

I agree with this completely. He is his own worst enemy. He pulls up bad shots way too early in the shot clock, doesn't look to get everyone involved in the offense, he's a gunner who only knows 1 speed. I was just talking about the difference with Rose and him, and how Rose can run so fast to one end but it's controlled.

I think it's pretty obvious Westbrook won't have a fit on this team longterm which is sad because he can drop a triple double at any given time and he really is talented. He just needs to grow up alot, who knows if or when that will happen, but I get the feeling he wants to go to a team to be "the guy" and don't feel like he's ok playing 2nd fiddle.

Hell FWIW, Durant and Westbrook both have some evolving to their games to do, both are very young so it's nothing out of the ordinary. Durant is one of the best scorers in the game but he's got to learn how to create his own shots much better or get away from contested defense. He's letting it be too easy to be denied the ball or for the D to give him a bad look at the bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be more than happy with Westbrook being the future PG of the Orlando Magic. lol. He's had some rough games...but he can certainly play the point in this league. He still has a lot to learn...but getting 22 PPG, 5 RPG, 8 APG, and 2 SPG out of PG position is just unreal. The guy was magnificent this year. There was a time during this season where it was a toss up between Westbrook and Rose at PG.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-25-2011 at 07:31 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Jackson likes what the Bulls did at the end of the game last night, can't wait to see which franchise throws away its future by hiring him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every other thunder possession is a Westbrook shot attempt...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirk is too raw...

No one, NO ONE has been better than him these playoffs.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. How stupid can you be Durant?
Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas would be ridiculous if they still had Caron.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Even though he whooped our ass... I'm pulling for Dirk. He really deserves a title and MVP. Fock the Miami trio!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

God Westbrook is such a biotch, runs to the locker room while everyone else is shaking hands.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I hope Dirk beats the **** out of the Heat.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
God Westbrook is such a biotch, runs to the locker room while everyone else is shaking hands.
The Lebron school of sportsmanship
Old 05-25-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes Dirk is our only hope

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant lie even I didnt think Dirk would elevate his game to this level. I thought hed make a great compliment to Nash but never a dominant player. Proved me wrong thus far.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell of a season Thunder!!! If the Bulls can't find a way to comeback then I hope Dirk & Kidd can win it all.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Durant lost it for them with that last foul. They at least could have been able to put up a good possession down 3 instead of having to hurry. Durant has been rather pitiful this postseason.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Dallas would be ridiculous if they still had Caron.
This. Primary reason I saw us with an early exit. He was every bit important as Chandler.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Durant lost it for them with that last foul. They at least could have been able to put up a good possession down 3 instead of having to hurry. Durant has been rather pitiful this postseason.

He wasn't very good in this series, but saying he was pitiful all postseason just isn't true.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Doris Burke announcing to the entire stadium that she couldn't find anyone to interview was awesome.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ and Jet coming off the bench and playing so well for us keeping us in the game, and Dirk consistently closing games for us. Marion has had a great streak of games lately. Yeah if we had Caron we'd be even more deep on the bench, but that's nothing we can use as an excuse, it'd be crazy if caron was still playing.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote