Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to find Ep7, but couldn't. I really don't mind because it'd suck to have to wait that long for the next one.

There's a board game?!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched the first two episodes. Diggin it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:50 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I've been told, Episode 6 is the point in the book where the character development tapers a bit, and the story picks up steam and doesn't ever slow down from there.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show is legit.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
From what I've been told, Episode 6 is the point in the book where the character development tapers a bit, and the story picks up steam and doesn't ever slow down from there.
Yes and no I would say, there is a little bit of a dull right now in the book (where ep 7 is). But it just really picked up now.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tried to find Ep7, but couldn't. I really don't mind because it'd suck to have to wait that long for the next one.

There's a board game?!
Indeed there is! Board game, LCG card game...plus a RPG Dungeons and dragons style game too. Also Cyanide is making an RTS and an RPG Computer game as well.

Board game is made by fantasy flight games and I rank it as one of the best Board Games I have ever played.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6...ame-of-thrones

StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this show! And what's better is that I can watch it for almost free. Since I work for the cable company in the dakotas and such.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now im officially hooked. Thanks guys!
Just saw episode 7 and I'm now upset i have to wsit another week.
This is why i love box sets.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree... I liked the show but I didn't really get into it until episode 6 and now 7.

Must watch show and it looks like its gonna be an interesting few episodes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically the last two episodes are the run-in to all sorts of chaos to follow. It should be pretty much crazy from here on out. There may be a few story lines that slow the pace but only for a brief portion of any given episode.

Loving it so far, though the psychological depth of each character is wildly undeveloped in comparison to the books. Understandable, but still . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Basically the last two episodes are the run-in to all sorts of chaos to follow. It should be pretty much crazy from here on out. There may be a few story lines that slow the pace but only for a brief portion of any given episode.

Loving it so far, though the psychological depth of each character is wildly undeveloped in comparison to the books. Understandable, but still . . .
Tough to do much better with only 10 episodes. If it was a regular season, we'd get much more.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a hardcore fan of the books I love how they've done this series so far and I can't wait to see the last few episodes. It's going to be nuts.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tough to do much better with only 10 episodes. If it was a regular season, we'd get much more.
I doubt it. I think it's simply a translation to the medium's audience. It's tough to pack in every little detail without destroying the pace of the story.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 05-31-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
As a hardcore fan of the books I love how they've done this series so far and I can't wait to see the last few episodes. It's going to be nuts.
Same here, I thought there was 5 more episodes left, and that would be pushing it time wise.

But now I find out there are 3, there is a lot of info to cover.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sweet ******* jesus :(

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
howcanilose
Rookie

howcanilose hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
sweet ******* jesus :(
Right? Don't be disheartened though, this "direction" drives the story even farther. It gets real good.

Though I have read about people getting mad about this and threatening not to watch the show again....
howcanilose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:11 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For someone who has read the books, at the point where the show is going to about end this season, is it the end of a book or at a random point?
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I knew that was coming, but still :'(
Old 06-13-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
For someone who has read the books, at the point where the show is going to about end this season, is it the end of a book or at a random point?

Supposed to be a season per book, but they are going to fit a ton of stuff into the next episode. Maybe it is 2 hours?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Not really a spoiler but I don't want any crybabies after me. lol

Old 06-13-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Supposed to be a season per book, but they are going to fit a ton of stuff into the next episode. Maybe it is 2 hours?
If my memory (hazy and spotty, at best) serves, it is all book one this season. But it's been a decade and I'm having a tough time trying to remember what the end point is for next week's episode.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I didn't read the books so yesterday was a total surprise. Wow! This is amazing.
Are the books worth reading after watching the shows?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I didn't read the books so yesterday was a total surprise. Wow! This is amazing.
Are the books worth reading after watching the shows?
Yes. There's always more in the books. There will be plenty of downtime after this season, too. So you can blast through the first 4 books long before the next season starts.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I certainly didn't see that coming last night. Such a great show though. My only complaint is I wish I saw how Robb Stark caught Lannister. For those who read the books can anyone give me some details on that?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well I certainly didn't see that coming last night. Such a great show though. My only complaint is I wish I saw how Robb Stark caught Lannister. For those who read the books can anyone give me some details on that?
I'll keep it in a spoiler tab.