Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-13-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Does anyone besides me & FSU fans believe he along with his Defense will lead this team to a Nat'l title?
just jeff luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabscuttle View Post
Manuel's throwing motion was supposed to have been reworked this spring. Of course, I had no access to the spring game, but if his accuracy is improved as reported he could have a really good year.
You can catch the Spring Game on ESPN3.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is there anything that would separate him from being exactly like xavier lee? cause im not seeing it

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
is there anything that would separate him from being exactly like xavier lee? cause im not seeing it
Cough Cough! He unlike Lee KNOWS the playbook!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, I'll forgive you for this because if you don't follow the program you wouldn't know any better.

Lee was a grade A idiot who in his 4 years at FSU never learned the playbook. His work ethic was only slightly better than JaMarcus Russell. He also played under Jeff Bowden, the worst OC in history of earth.

Manuel is Fisher's hand picked guy (and he knows QBs) who has outstanding character, has sit and learn for 3 years while playing well in spot duty. His numbers have been up and down but he's already shown remarkable ability under pressure. If FSU's WRs play consistent (and one guy can really step up) then he'll have a huge year. My only issue is he seems to float balls sometimes, but he had missed the previous 2 spring practices with injuries and not being a full time starter probably didn't have the confidence of just slinging the ball around.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, even Russell knew the playbook :D
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hell, even Russell knew the playbook :D
The playbook Russell had at LSU is nothing close to what Ponder and Manuel have been learning since Fisher came in. Speaking of Ponder, that is actually another big plus for E.J., not only was he sitting in film room with Fisher, but Ponder as well who reportedly went out of his way to help Manuel. He is supposedly just as smart as Ponder with a lot more physical ability. What people here really seem to under estimate with Manuel is that in addition to his physical ability, he's run a pro style offense in college. That is what scouts will love that fans don't appreciate.

I'm actually surprised based on what I know about Fisher now that Matt Flynn wasn't the starter over Russell, then again for all I know that was Les Myles' call.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can catch the Spring Game on ESPN3.com
I've tried a couple of things and can't get it because I live in Canada. Presumeably, an agrrement between Bell and the CRTC prevents Netflix or any Internet providers from allowing competitors see the content. I actually paid for an XBox Gold account because ESPN was advertised on it and it turns out this is just a country wide ripoff that the CRTC doesn't protect consumers from. Nice priorities. Waiting to see if XBox provides anyservice making this fee worthwhile to me or if I need to get a refund.

Just ranting because I got my hopes up to see the Garnet and Gold game with that service and didn't get to.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I see of him and the more I hear about him, the more I get the feeling that he may end up being the #2 QB in this draft (if he comes out). He would be my "surprise pick" to be a top 10 pick this year. Obvious the sample size is still very small but all signs point to him having a big season.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The more I see of him and the more I hear about him, the more I get the feeling that he may end up being the #2 QB in this draft (if he comes out). He would be my "surprise pick" to be a top 10 pick this year. Obvious the sample size is still very small but all signs point to him having a big season.
Not a surprise to me when in all actuality I have him being a Heisman candidate & a Nat'l title winner!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-22-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a surprise to me when in all actuality I have him being a Heisman candidate & a Nat'l title winner!
....and you call yourself a Canes fan. gtfo.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:53 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
....and you call yourself a Canes fan. gtfo.
I'm a 757 fan before anything! I rep mine I don't know about you.

__757chesapeake5757575_______
___7575757hampton75757________
_______________75757_________
_____________ 75757___________
____________ 75757____________
___________75757_____________
_________ 75757______________
________75757_______________
_______75757________________
_____ 75757_________________
____75757__________________
___75757___________________
757575______________________
757575______________________
7575757va beach575__________
7575757575757575757_________
_______________5757_________
_______________57575________
_______________57575________
______________75757_________
757575757575757575__________
75757575757575757___________
_______________75757________
_____________ 75757_________
____________ 75757___________
___________75757_____________
_________ 75757______________
________75757_______________
_______75757________________
_____ 75757__________________
____75757___________________
___75757__________________

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 05-22-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm a 757 fan before anything! I rep mine I don't know about you.
well i didn't know/forgot ej was from virginia beach so i'll cut you some slack on this one.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well i didn't know/forgot ej was from virginia beach so i'll cut you some slack on this one.
I'm a Cane for life but E.J. is home team. I would be underrating him if I did not see this happening with his talent & skill level.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 05-22-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. A brain, and work ethic.

It's possible that if we get by Oklahoma we could very well play for a national title. I don't see us in the national title this year, though.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see him as the starter before getting too carried away. Sometimes they pan out after riding the bench and sometimes, it just isn't there when they get their chance. We'll have to wait and sere which direction he goes, Florida St. fans not withstanding.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Let's see him as the starter before getting too carried away. Sometimes they pan out after riding the bench and sometimes, it just isn't there when they get their chance. We'll have to wait and sere which direction he goes, Florida St. fans not withstanding.
I do & I"m a cane!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-05-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Offseason
Rookie

Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.

Logan Thomas is a guy people should watch out for. He could really blow up as could Manuel. There's a lot of intriguing talent to watch this year it seems.
Mr. Offseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

E.J. For HEISMAN!!!

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-17-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just killed Kenny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
He just killed Kenny.
Bull crap!!!! Perfect throw if he scored so what are you saying? It was just a bad/good play on the DBs behalf.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 09-17-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just turned the game on....why's he on the bench? Is it because he's awful? Probably.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
E.J. For HEISMAN!!!
i thought you pretended to be a miami fan?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Just turned the game on....why's he on the bench? Is it because he's awful? Probably.

He was injured since they insist on making him run the ball so much. They brought in the back-up freshman QB Triplett who looked really good throwing the ball, so when EJ came back from the locker room I don't think they wanted to screw up the flow of things. Especially since Triplett made a huge TD pass on 3rd and 28 that tied the game.

EJ didn't look bad, but he wasn't making enough plays in the passing game to beat OU, but they do have a great defense. I also understand College is different, but I've seen EJ Henderson and Robert Griffin running some pretty ridiculous plays to get them banged up pretty nicely. Baylor runs double reverses and throws it to Griffin right in the middle of the field to get T'd up on.

Henderson improvises alot too, but at least in an option he has the choice of giving the ball up. He got battered tonight, but it wouldn't have mattered because his downfield passing just isn't good enough to beat a talented defense so they could blitz and cheat up for the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He was injured since they insist on making him run the ball so much. They brought in the back-up freshman QB Triplett who looked really good throwing the ball, so when EJ came back from the locker room I don't think they wanted to screw up the flow of things. Especially since Triplett made a huge TD pass on 3rd and 28 that tied the game.

EJ didn't look bad, but he wasn't making enough plays in the passing game to beat OU, but they do have a great defense. I also understand College is different, but I've seen EJ Henderson and Robert Griffin running some pretty ridiculous plays to get them banged up pretty nicely. Baylor runs double reverses and throws it to Griffin right in the middle of the field to get T'd up on.

Henderson improvises alot too, but at least in an option he has the choice of giving the ball up. He got battered tonight, but it wouldn't have mattered because his downfield passing just isn't good enough to beat a talented defense so they could blitz and cheat up for the run.