Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Droid X still considered a nice phone? Anyone have it? I read a review on it but the dude made it pretty subjective and it seemed like he had his heart set on ripping it apart. My HTC incredible got stolen, and now they don't produce it anymore. The thunderbold wasn't offered by verizon for my plan, so they gave me the options of the Droid X, and droid 2 by motorola. I'm pretty pissed, any way someone can cheer me up and tell me I'm getting a nice phone? (The X).

I was just starting to ******* fall in love with the incredible.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK anything about the Droid 2, but my droid x is incredible. Have had it for about 10 months and it's basically a handheld computer.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good to know from people that actually use it. Gets here Tuesday. I haven't had a phone since last sunday and I feel isolated from existence.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are missing out.HTC Thunderbolt is where it is at right now.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's becoming very hard to wait for the new Evo to come out. Really tempted to go get the Nexus S even though I don't think it will be as good. I got into the market for a new phone at the worst time.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't get a Nexus S. I looked into that for myself before getting the phone I had presently...and it just doesn't look like it's all that great of one. I like the fact it's vanilla and the specs are decent, but aside from that...meh. Suffer for a bit till the new Evo.

Picked up a G2X last week from my T-Mobile upgrade and I absolutely LOVE it to death already. Granted, I've been using my G1 since it launched however many years ago, so it's a really huge jump for me....but even still. Enjoying all the games I can finally play on it...but not too much. I haven't checked the marketplace for like a year, so I was disappointed to see that there's still a shortage of good mobile titles, although there's a lot more there than there used to be. Might be

Thinking of rooting it on a day off this week and flashing Cyanogen. The new official 2.3 coming down the pipe is like twice the size of the experimental nightly of Cyanogen...and I'm not so big on bloatware and slowdowns. Not many other ROMS out there for it right now, besides some real meh looking stuff on XDA. Should be a real project for me to figure out this entire thing now...very different from the last time I did it. Easier, supposedly, but I'm totally out of touch with this entire Android scene stuff because my enthusiasm just died for my G1 last year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-08-2011 at 02:53 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
My contract with T-Mobile is up next month....thinking bout switching over to Sprint. Anyone have the Evo Shift? Was looking into that one since I'm kinda fond of having a physical keyboard.
Nexus S 4G. The 4 inch screen will take a week or two to get used to, but it will be the best decision you make.

edit: I owned the first Nexus One. I got one launch day. it ended up being the best decision I made. Maybe the Nexus S isn't the revolutionary step that the Nexus One was, but having live updates from Google before anyone is definitely a major plus.

It also doesn't have a ton of crapware that slows your phone down. I hate carrier phones for that reason.

Last edited by descendency : 05-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Nexus S 4G. The 4 inch screen will take a week or two to get used to, but it will be the best decision you make.

edit: I owned the first Nexus One. I got one launch day. it ended up being the best decision I made. Maybe the Nexus S isn't the revolutionary step that the Nexus One was, but having live updates from Google before anyone is definitely a major plus.

It also doesn't have a ton of crapware that slows your phone down. I hate carrier phones for that reason.
I'm just waiting for the new Sprint Evo...
Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does that come out? My wife's upgrade time is coming up and I want to get her an Android as well.
I want to finally face chat with someone! I have the EVO but I'm the only person I know with a front facing camera

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad someone has started this thread. I'm looking forward to reading suggestions for apps.

Here are the apps/games that I've downloaded so far:

9 Innings Pro Baseball 2011 - My favorite game. Full season baseball game.

Angry Birds - I'm sure most of you have heard of this one already.

Guns - Just a vanilla target practice game with a wide variety of weapons.

AJailBreak - Surprisingly entertaining game. Only 5 levels for free version though.

Hungry Shark - Another surprisingly entertaining game. Also free version is limited.

Live Holdem Pro - Poker game. I've played it only once so far. It's ok.

Sudoku Daily - I like Sudoku, but I haven't really played this game much.

Unblock Me Free - Not a bad puzzle game.

MathManiac - See Unblock Me.

Lookout - Anti-virus. I haven't used it yet.

RingTone - I haven't downloaded anything, so I don't know about this one yet.

NYC Mate - Great transportation app. Obviously most of you guys don't need this one, only NYC residents and those that might be planning to visit.

Navaile Electrical Calculator - Good app for Electrical Engineers.

Entrepreneur Mobile - Financial articles.

Last edited by MaxV : 05-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
When does that come out? My wife's upgrade time is coming up and I want to get her an Android as well.
I want to finally face chat with someone! I have the EVO but I'm the only person I know with a front facing camera
Rumor is 6/4
Old 05-30-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why? a/v on your phone is ridiculous. no need for it.
I use lookout in case i lose my phone. The feature where it shows you where it is is pretty cool. I actually had to use it at one point. Worked well.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

9 Innings Pro Baseball 2011 - My favorite game. Full season baseball game.
******* awesome game. Something you usually have to pay about 5.99 for.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plants vs Zombies launched on Amazon's appstore today. Free for today.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any of you are considering replacing an old android phone, instead of throwing it away, selling it, or whatever you can turn it into a wifi only phone with Groove IP ($4 in the market). It uses a Google Voice account (which are available in the US for free) and allows you to call in the US and Canada for free and outside for a few cents per minute.

No voice/phone plan required, just WiFi a wifi connection.

Last edited by descendency : 06-22-2011 at 12:59 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting a little upset with how the G2X is being handled. It's still running Froyo, which would be fine...but it's not optimized at all for the phone. The hardware specs are beastly, but the software is not doing a whole lot to support it. Update was supposed to be out by now too :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-22-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love my Droid 1 but I want a new phone but there isn't anything that meets my needs. I basically want a new moto droid with 4g. I love a physical keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd wait until the 4g platform is more rocksolid. I'm more than happy with my X. I actually like my X more than the new 4g phones.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah 4g is still way too young, but the only reason I kinda want it is my area (silicon valley -ish) has pretty damn good 4g coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'd wait until the 4g platform is more rocksolid. I'm more than happy with my X. I actually like my X more than the new 4g phones.
Droid Charge >
Old 06-23-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Eh...I don't even use 4G with my 4G phone...coming from someone who lives in Kansas City and has Sprint (really good coverage). It just completely saps your battery.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone get the evo 3D? let me know how it is!

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Cyanogenmod 7.1 is out and the G2x is supported. Flashed it and voided the **** out of my warranty and have no regrets. Runs fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I don't know much about that phone in particular, but one thing I will tell you straight up that will save you a potential hassle; don't flash using Rom Manager(not even sure that's the preferred method for the DroidX) like most people do. It's a neat little thing and works well most of the time, but if something goes wrong during flashing you won't be able to get back to the recovery screen. Make sure you've got the ability to do that before screwing with anything.

Not sure that you haven't already seen this, but there's good information on all this stuff here;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=687

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-28-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just my phone or does Android's navigation/GPS suck massive ****?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote