Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Would a Chris Henry or Odell Thurman have any value?

If cleared by the NFL, would either of these guys have any value? Would you want your team to trade for them and if so, what rd draft pick would be a fair offer?
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give a 7th for Thurman.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:10 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thurman has value.....if Roger Goodell had any balls he would kick Henry out of the league

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:29 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Nooooooooooooooooo
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd take Thurman on the Lions in a second. Sometimes a jolt like having your team kick you to the curb can wake a guy up. And then if it doesn't, goodbye, we don't have your signing bonus on our books anyway so there's the door.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can definitely see Odell Thurman or Chris Henry having some appeal to NFL teams. Off of the top of my head, the Raiders would seem like an excellent fit for picking up either one of them. Maybe Oakland sending the fifth round pick that they acquired from New England for Doug Gabriel to pick up another wide receiver, Henry, who would be an upgrade at least as far as talent goes? While these comparisons were way off base, there were mentions of Henry being similar to Randy Moss and the Raiders obviously felt as though a tall and lanky player with good hands who could stretch the field would be useful. Oakland could move Randy Moss to the Packers or another team, lowering their asking price from a first-round pick to maybe a second rounder and some change to get the value closer, and replace him by trading their late fifth for Henry. I feel as though Chris is actually a player of fairly high character. He seems like someone the Patriots would like, although we are pretty good at wide receiver for now and don’t have that much as far as bargaining pieces go. Most of his off the field concerns don’t negatively affect the team, and by all accounts he is someone who responds with “Yes, sir” and “No, sir”, works extremely hard to better himself, and gives 100% on the field. Other Bengals have said that he’s a good guy, and if he can stay out of trouble he is an excellent player. Thurman could have the value of a sixth round pick or so, maybe even a late fifth. He’s extremely talented but, like Henry, has legal troubles that would push his value down.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine withthe falcons giving up a 7th for Thurman. The LB coach BVG was the def. coordinator for thurman when he was at UGA. Even though LB isn't a need for the falcons it would allow brooking to move back to OLB.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Gotitansfreak10

i dont understand why a team wouldnt want a good player because of off-field issues. you always hear about teams wanting to cut a player because he is causing trouble off the field. as long as he is not being a nuisance in the locker room who cares. when i hear of pacman jones i dont think about the titans. thats gotta be the only reason they cut players, because it gives their organization a bad name. i would love to pick up either of these players.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Gotitansfreak10

as long as they are performing on the field.i dont give a **** what they are doing on their own time
Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotitans, you are definitely in the minority here, and you generally won't find an NFL GM who will agree with you.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am with njx. (It is no suprise because he is rational and smart...) Football players are very highly exposed and are local, national, or international celebrities. They have a responsibility as citizens to not break the law. They have a greater responsibility as celebrities to use their clout for the good of the community. At worst, they should at least not be detrimental to the community. People with natural talents deserve what they get, but they need to take responsibility for their status and set a proper example.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-29-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't give up anything for Chris Henry, but the tops I would give up fpr Thurman is maybe a 5th or 6th.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Ask the Bengals what happens when to your team when you have multiple players arrested,

And with Goodall's new powers, you may find your new but troubled players suspended.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't think Goodall is going to abuse his powers. He is just going to take an active role in teaching these players a lesson for their mistakes. It is a stopgap and a PR move to keep the NFL at the top of the sports limelight.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Don't be a gloater... It's unbecoming.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

no, coaches don't want these type of guys on their team
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What I've found as a Bengals fan is that if you depend on this type individual, they will eventually disappoint you. Practice all week and then the guy doesn't show up on Sunday or in Henry's case, he actually dropped a couple key TD catches that would have meant victories and you would have to believe that his mind isn't always on his job with all the troubles he has. That said, both are outstanding talents and I think Henry is a Superstar if he could stay clean.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First and foremost before any team takes a flyer on Odell Thurman, I'm sure they would want to know if he will be reinstated? If so I could see someone with parting with a Day 2 prospect for him because why his on-field talent is uncanny but said team would definitely need a veteran locker room to embrace and educate the young man. As for Chris Henry, the Bengals whether right or wrong have stuck by him and I couldn't see them parting with him for anything less then a 1st round or possibly mid 2nd round pick. He is weapon in that offense and despite his offenses he's still suiting up for them. Once again a more veteran locker room could be a positive influence on him on and off the field.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Thurman, but I highly doubt Henry, whom a lot, a lot of teams were leery of when he came out. That said, personally, I doubt anyone pulls the trigger on either, with Thurman having been away for a full year and having his issues, that's hard to justify.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thurman could still be an amazing linebacker and Henry could still be a dominant receiver. They both need a good clip round the ear.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to see what happens to both when they become FA's. No way we trade either before then...

They have elite type talent.... They're just idiots.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Thruman and Henry for a 4th or 5th

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote