Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Lebron would be much more "clutch" if that ******* idiot would just take it to the hole in crunch time.
He's shown time and time again that he wants to go with the appeal of knocking down a jumper in crunch time and be ignorant of his shortcomings as a player rather than impose his physical will on the opponent and at the very least draw a foul and get to the line (where he has had late game struggles and plays into his mindset in crunch time)...or he could even drive and dish to create for his teammates but he sits at the top dribbling out the shot clock and then settles for a low percentage shot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 06-03-2011 at 04:16 PM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Walsh was the only competent guy in our front office. This is going to be a disaster...oh and James Dolan is a ******* idiot.
I was about to say, seems like it did a good job with what he was handed with.
They say he'll stick around for one more season as a "consultant" though.
Hope they don't **** up they're progress they've been making.

Does this mean D'Antoni is out as coach soon?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I 2nd that. I don't like Dallas...but...yea....i'm rooting for Dallas lol
i think 95% of the country feels this way.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a perfect chance to rid ourselves of D'Antoni. Bring in a new GM and have him hand pick a new coach. Hire Kevin Pritchard and then have him hire Lawrence Frank. One of the best defensive coaches in the league and a GM not afraid to make bold moves and if you're going to do that, it has to be done as soon as possible. We need a defensive mindset on this team and Lawrence can bring that in an instant.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
This is a perfect chance to rid ourselves of D'Antoni. Bring in a new GM and have him hand pick a new coach. Hire Kevin Pritchard and then have him hire Lawrence Frank. One of the best defensive coaches in the league and a GM not afraid to make bold moves and if you're going to do that, it has to be done as soon as possible. We need a defensive mindset on this team and Lawrence can bring that in an instant.
What good does a defensive mindset coach do for the team when Carmelo Anthony and Amare are their franchise players??? I'm not necessarily suggesting that they stick with D'Antoni as coach but whoever works their sidleline during a game needs to be an offensive minded coach who can maximize the abilities of their two superstars...defense needs to be emphasized but it can't be THE emphasis given their parts

Last edited by princefielder28 : 06-03-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not going to really matter who the GM of the Knicks is because Dolan is going to do what he wants. And I want no part of Lawerence Frank as head coach.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Heat are holding a press conference today to announce that the big 3 have signed an exclusive deal to take over the lead roles in CBS's hit show, Two and a Half Men. The only worry is whether Chris Bosh will continue to not show up.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
The Heat are holding a press conference today to announce that the big 3 have signed an exclusive deal to take over the lead roles in CBS's hit show, Two and a Half Men. The only worry is whether Chris Bosh will continue to not show up.
Even if Bosh doesn't show up, the viewer is guaranteed to get some good laughs out of LeBron James in the last quarter of the show

Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
It's not going to really matter who the GM of the Knicks is because Dolan is going to do what he wants. And I want no part of Lawerence Frank as head coach.
LAWRENCE FRANK IS THE MAN! DONT BADMOUTH HIM!
i still love him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Players can become good defensive players when given the mindset and if they challenge themselves and try to do so. That would be the biggest question, if they themselves would do so, but it has been done before. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen were never known for their defense but Doc and Thibodeau come to town, Ray gets traded to Beantown, defense becomes preached to them and they reach the realization that in order to win, they have to play D and now look at them. They've turned themselves into great defensive players and won themselves a ring. Now I'm not saying it is at all likely that Melo and STAT would focus on D and become known for their D. Hell, I'm not even saying that we're going to get rid of D'Antoni. Both are probably long shots to happen, but I am saying that it is possible.
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are we arguing about? The next Knicks Coach?

Well my money is on John Calipari will be the next coach of the New York CAA'S with Mark Warkenstein taking Donnie Walsh's Job. Allan Houston will get a promotion to General Manager and your Starting PG of the New York CAA'S will be Chris Paul
Old 06-03-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great finish to the game, the bar was nuts here. Seemed almost a carbon copy of the comeback vs OKC. Alot of questionable things going on in that final 7 minutes.

- Chris Bosh was playing pathetic. Not only missing shots but dropping passes, bad defense, he has played pretty solid up to this point but he didn't show up what so ever.

- Miami had no resemblence of a half court offense. Dribble around with Wade or LBJ then fadeaway 3. I can't believe neither of them got a clue yet. Wade has been here before, and been an MVP. He beat us before driving to the lane, even he was playing "hero ball".

- Bosh on Dirk was stupid. Bosh had already played like crap and Bosh is the 3rd best defender Mia had to guard him in that scenario.

I also didn't catch the whole celebration thing until after the fact, but Wade did get flashy with holding his hand up. I think it's obvious the Heat are their own worst enemy, but they gave us alot of momentum going into game 3 in Dallas and since they started this format the winner of game 3 has won the series everytime.

All I wanted to do was split in Mia, then go 2-1 at home. Give us 2 games to win 1 in Mia and I like our odds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooooooooo, Kuester is officially gone.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay now he can get his old job back of being Mike Brown's assistant.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bosh is the biggest ***** Ive ever seen play. Its really pathetic how hes played and what type of contract he's got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

first half thoughts

- Wade, much like i've always believed, is the Heat's best player and these finals are validating that

- Dirk has stepped up his aggressiveness on defense a ton over the past six quarters and it's been significant for the team

- Officiating has a fundamental problem and it needs to be addressed big time...please only call a foul if you SEE it, don't assume based off a player's reaction/falling/hands up in the air/anything similar

Old 06-05-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
first half thoughts

- Wade, much like i've always believed, is the Heat's best player and these finals are validating

- Officiating has a fundamental problem and it needs to be addressed big time...please only call a foul if you SEE it, don't assume based off a player's reaction/falling/hands up in the air/anything similar
this really bothers me. How could three allstars who are considered some of the league's best be such HUGE floppers. all three of them are guilty. The sad thing is that what if the game is decided by two points or less and Miami was basically given two free points for that play. ridiculous. this is why people hate the heat.

Also, did anyone see the Doris Burke-Dwayne Wade interview at the half? LOL to Dwayne Wade calling himself the leader of the team. This should be good material for the ensuing "whose team is the Heats?" debate.

Last edited by soybean : 06-05-2011 at 08:27 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade is not the Heat's best player. You guys can hate LeBron all you want, but only playing good for a few games does not make you the best player on a team. Only one of them has played good in each series, and that's LeBron.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

what a run by the Mavs!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barea showing up finally we're gonna need him this series.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If these last two games haven't shown definitively already: this is dwayne wade's team. This debate is over.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
If these last two games haven't shown definitively already: this is dwayne wade's team. This debate is over.
I didn't know you could decipher that by watching two games. Small sample size. Maybe LeBron just gets defended better. You have a chance if only one of them is scoring, but if they both are, then you're toast.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
there's no doubt about that

outside of dunks, lebron has been completely non-existent in the past two games...he's not even crashing the boards strong or blocking shots like we're used to seeing

Old 06-05-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is the reason we won. Wade is, he was amazing. The rest of the team gave me a heart attack especially Bosh. God God he pisses me off so freeking much. I know I am supposed to defend him and all but when he went down like he got shot or had a concussion or something. HE GOT POKED IN THE EYE!!!! And then he makes so many boneheaded plays. He looks like a raptor. But ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh he pisses me off! But he hit the gamewinner!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
I didn't know you could decipher that by watching two games. Small sample size. Maybe LeBron just gets defended better. You have a chance if only one of them is scoring, but if they both are, then you're toast.
D-Wade is the heart of this team. It's his team and those who think its LBJ are either delusional or LBJ nuthuggers.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote