Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Minnesota Sports Discussion (Twins/Wild/Wolves/Gophers)

Compressing all non-Vikings MN sports talk into this thread and closing the others.

Saw Ralph Sampson III declared for the draft. 2012 WNBA Draft looks like it could be a keeper.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to post some links to articles that we've posted at Land of 10,000 Losses as a shameless plug and to try to get you guys to become regular readers. I update our Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/10kLosses) and it's full of extremely sarcastic comments that will probably make you laugh as well. Follow us or die. I also may be contacting one or two of you to help contribute on occasion.

http://landof10klosses.wordpress.com...kyle-gibson-2/ - Twins Future Watch: Kyle Gibson (written by me)

http://landof10klosses.wordpress.com...ong-ball-draw/ - Future of the Wolves at the Mercy of Ping Pong Ball Draw (not written by me)

http://landof10klosses.wordpress.com...proved-player/ - Kevin Love thoughts (not written by me)

Last edited by djp : 04-29-2011 at 01:54 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liriano with the no-hitter. He was far from perfect(6 BB:2 K), but it was a huge improvement from what he has been doing.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

We'll take it.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyrie Irving or Derrick Williams?
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the love of god, don't draft ******* sean gilmartin!
Old 06-06-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Irving, but that won't happen. I hope we trade Beasley and take Williams.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be perfectly alright with that, Beasley really isn't a guy you're going to go places with despite his talent. He's just a scorer, and doesn't really even try to do any thing else. I get the idea we're really looking to trade out of the #2 spot though which would work as well. Trading down a few spots can still land us a solid contributor, the draft class is a little underrated in the sense that there are a lot of guys who will fill roles for teams but won't be all stars. If we could trade down into the late part of the top 10, grab Biyombo, and pick up another first next year in what will be a better class that would be perfect.

Really though can you see us just staying pat and taking the safe pick in Williams? Do we ever make the obvious move? I think Kahn has some tricks up his sleeve, hopefully they aren't too stupid this time.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. We won't do the logical. If we could figure a trade with the Wizards and grab their first next year, I would be ecstatic. I am a huge Biyombo fan as well. I think he will be a very good player in the league, and exactly the kind of center we need.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Ben Revere is growing on me. His good routes+range combination will keep him in the major leagues for a very long time. Guy just needs to draw some damn walks and he'll be very valuable. Fun to watch.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Ben Revere is growing on me. His good routes+range combination will keep him in the major leagues for a very long time. Guy just needs to draw some damn walks and he'll be very valuable. Fun to watch.
Agreed. I used to hate him, but man, he is really fun to watch.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Twins are unreal.
The first 8 guys get hits last night, against a super pitcher who dominated in the World Series and had a 3 ERA coming into the game.
Twins red hot, and none of it is thanks to the M&M's Mauer and Morneau. That speaks volumes.

Timberwolves draft tomorrow!
I suspect they will end up making a deal, if not before the pick, sometime this summer.
They need to get Derrick Williams into a Wolves jersey. He's a nice compliment to Kevin Love. Perfect 3 & 4 combo. I know they want a center, but don't pass on the best player in the draft.

And they better not trade Love.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Derrick Williams is a terrible compliment to K-Love because he is not a 3.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Derrick Williams is a terrible compliment to K-Love because he is not a 3.
What is Williams best position?
What is Love's?
What about guarding people?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Someone please recap and translate/decipher/interpret/grade all what the Wolves got tonight with their 2 top-20 picks + former top 5 pick Flynn.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Flynn was the 6th pick.

We got Derrick Williams, Brad Miller, Malcom Lee, and a future 1st.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What is Williams best position?
What is Love's?
What about guarding people?
Williams is a 4 who can play the 3 if he has to. Love is only a 4. Love can't guard anyone anyway. Williams is too slow footed to guard 3's, but he can guard the 4 fine, in my opinion. We just have a log jam. Wes is a 3 forced to play the 2, Williams is a 4 forced to play the 3. Defensively, that sucks.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Flynn was the 6th pick.

We got Derrick Williams, Brad Miller, Malcom Lee, and a future 1st.
The thing is though if the Grizzlies aren't in the lottery this year we get a 2016 2nd round pick instead of the 1st. So that's cool.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Haha oh god... We suck.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah so lets hope Z-Bo goes ghetto again and gets caught in another drug ring.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what you're talking about as far as the Grizz pick that we acquired. My understanding was that it was top 14 protected from '13-'16 and if not given to us by then, turns into a 2nd. So basically as long as the Grizz make the playoffs in one of those years, the pick is ours.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Yeah the site I read that on worded it terribly.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Wild look about 50 times better with what Fletcher has done this year. Very excited about the future.

Also, Cuddyer is destroying the ball right now. Did not see this coming, but I can't complain.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Only 6.5 back at the break, whodathunkit?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

This might be the homer in me talking but I really think we're going to do it. We're 24-10 in our last 34 without Span/Thome/Mauer/Kubel for varying stretches of that. Pitching has been incredible.

Also we have the whole "we never ******* lose in the second half of the season" thing going for us.