Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
That running game is going to be amazing if Cannon can get healthy quickly.
Isn't he still doing chemotherapy? He's a guaranteed member of IR this year.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Isn't he still doing chemotherapy? He's a guaranteed member of IR this year.
PUP might be possible. It depends on how his next medical checkup goes. But I'm with you, he's a 2012 starter and maybe leverage in the Mankins deal. (sadly)
Old 05-20-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's great news. Hopefully he beats lymphoma (90% chance, statistically) and it sounds like he's doing well still, with little of the common side effects of chemo. If that continues there's a chance he sees action this year, which would be incredible. He has the makings of a huge sentimental favorite in NE. Huge . . . literally and figuratively. This kid is monsterous.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideally I think BB will want Cannon to drop a bit of weight before being put into the starting lineup. A common side effect of chemo is he will drop a lot of weight, and God willing he beats the illness, it may actually turn into a good thing for him in the system.

The Patriots need their OGs to be great in pass protection and, especially their RG, needs to be a very good pulling OG. Dan Connolly had a few good plays last year in space in the run game. Im just not sure Cannon could be successful in space if he's over 350lbs. If he gets down to 330lbs and keeps his strength then he could be one of the most athletically dominant interior linemen in the league.

I gotta say im excited about him presuming he gets over the cancer

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The concern for Cannon isn't weight. It's oxygen to blood ratios. Higher weighted people require a better oxygen to blood ratio to (e)motivate their motion, but when after chemo has run its course, Cannon will likely have lost weight.

He'll just be in poor shape.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Gronkowski had the 9th best drop percentage and Hernandez had the 2nd worst (both for TEs)

Deion Branch was tied for 10th best WRs in drop percentage. Welker was 10th worst. (Randy Moss was 4th worst over the last 3 years - though something tells me he didn't get enough targets this year to make this years list. The other three were Braylon Edwards, Dwayne Bowe, and Terrell Owens)

No Patriots RBs were in the top or bottom 15 pass droppers at their position, though Pierre Thomas was #1 (best) for this season in passes dropped percentage.

(All according to PFF)

Here's a Devin McCourty interview: http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...land-patriots/
Old 06-06-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

50- W.Welker
62-J.Mayo

Three to go: T.Brady, V.Wilfork and L.Mankins. (My guesses)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, but I've been a longtime lurker. I expect to be actively involved in the future seeing how it's the summer and I don't have a lot of better things to do since I came back from school. Do you guys have any advice to give a newcomer?

Also how do you see some of the training camp battles turning out? In cases like DE, MLB, and safety who do you see getting the most playing time?

QB2-Ryan Mallet/Brian Hoyer
3DRB- Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen
WR3- Brandon Tate/Taylor Price
Blocking TE- Lee Smith/Alge Crumpler
LT- Matt Light?/Nate Solder
DE- Brace/Pryor/Wright/Deadrick/Stroud
MLB- Spikes/Guyton/Fletcher
CB2- Bodden/Dowling/Arrington
FS- Meriweather/Sanders/Page
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a newcomer to this forum, but I've been a longtime lurker. I expect to be actively involved in the future seeing how it's the summer and I don't have a lot of better things to do since I came back from school. Do you guys have any advice to give a newcomer?
Don't be afraid to say what you mean. But you don't have to be a d*ck about it. lol

Don't let the anti-pats sentiment bother you. Just enjoy the view from the top. ;)

In general, just be respectful. There's plenty of awesome members here from all over the country & world. The dumbasses make themselves known pretty quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Also how do you see some of the training camp battles turning out? In cases like DE, MLB, and safety who do you see getting the most playing time?

QB2-Ryan Mallet/Brian Hoyer
3DRB- Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen
WR3- Brandon Tate/Taylor Price
Blocking TE- Lee Smith/Alge Crumpler
LT- Matt Light?/Nate Solder
DE- Brace/Pryor/Wright/Deadrick/Stroud
MLB- Spikes/Guyton/Fletcher
CB2- Bodden/Dowling/Arrington
FS- Meriweather/Sanders/Page
Across the board, rookies won't take over spots from other guys because of the lockout. There's not enough time for them to get up to speed w/no coaching, no playbooks, and no true summer work. Obviously, that can change quickly if the rich folk can hammer out a deal over the billion or so in "scraps."

Hoyer should hold down the #2 spot. He's talented, poised and - most importantly with the lockout - experienced. Mallet with no time to prepare, learn and get coached up will not take over the backup spot until late season, at best.

Woodhead will probably keep his spot initially, especially with the lockout. Mostly, though, it's b/c rookies generally suck at pass pro.

The media (and my eyes from late season) has me believing we'll see a bunch more Taylor Price. But don't be shocked if we see more of both Tate & Price and a bit less of Branch.

Crumpler isn't getting bumped by the rookie. Smith has Practice Squad written all over him.

The answer to Light v. Solder is simple: if Light is re-signed he starts.

DE . . . tough one. Wright has proven he will not be kept out of the lineup but his injury may change that. The rest of those names are great big question marks, and the reason many of the Pats fans on this board wanted a DE out of this very deep class.

Spikes, and it's not even close. He was very impressive last year.

I'm going to take the long shot and say Dowling over Bodden. I would love to see Bodden come back strong and studly, but his history is that of an inconsistent and oft injure CB.

Safety will be the same as ever - rotation, rotation, rotation. I still see Meri as the best of the bunch but he's got to stop missing big when he misses. Of course, his off-field nonsense may impact that.

Welcome to the non-lurking fun!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much everything Elvis just said haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
The media (and my eyes from late season) has me believing we'll see a bunch more Taylor Price. But don't be shocked if we see more of both Tate & Price and a bit less of Branch.
I hope to see Price emerge since he looked really good in that Miami game, and I was really impressed by the way he ran slants and hooks, unfortunately we didn't get a preview of what we really need him to be able to run which is deep posts, corners, and go routes.

Quote:
Crumpler isn't getting bumped by the rookie. Smith has Practice Squad written all over him.
I could potentially see Lee Smith beating out Crumpler for a roster spot only because we've seen Belichick release an older blocking TE before to keep a space open for a younger guy when he released Kyle Brady. If Lee Smith seems hungrier and is in better shape coming into camp than Crumpler I could see him taking his spot because most of what Crumpler did was inline blocking which I think a rookie could handle.

Quote:
Spikes, and it's not even close. He was very impressive last year.
He was, but I couldn't help noticing Dane Fletcher playing very well. I know he's an undrafted type guy, but he might have more upside than Spikes, or it's just my inner desire to have a Tedy Bruschi type on our defense again talking.

Quote:
I'm going to take the long shot and say Dowling over Bodden. I would love to see Bodden come back strong and studly, but his history is that of an inconsistent and oft injure CB.
I think Bodden will hold onto his spot. He's always done pretty well in man schemes, and his injury last year was a rotator cuff one so I don't see that hindering his long term prospects. However, if he does fall to #3 He could be a surprise cut since he makes close to 6 million per year.

Quote:
Safety will be the same as ever - rotation, rotation, rotation. I still see Meri as the best of the bunch but he's got to stop missing big when he misses. Of course, his off-field nonsense may impact that.
I'm hoping the RFA rules stay in place and we retain Page. He played more and more at the end of last year, and he has experience playing at a high level in the NFL. Furthermore he's young and has size which isn't something to overlook. I'd be fine if they had a platoon of him and Sanders, and tell Meriweather to hit the road. Since they traded a 5th round pick for him and placed a high tender on him I'd expect he is in their long term plans.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

A bit of sad news for Patriots fans. Tom Martinez, personal QB coach for Tom Brady, has been given 1 month to live by doctors.

This is obviously terrible for his family. It's going to be tough for lots of people. I think it's going to negatively impact Tom (especially when you consider a month or two is the start of the season ... if there is one). He's been a huge part of Brady's career and has been there for him when he needed it.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question to my fellow New Englanders: Whom is going to the Monday night game vs. KC the Monday before Turkey day? THIS GUY IS!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Question to my fellow New Englanders: Whom is going to the Monday night game vs. KC the Monday before Turkey day? THIS GUY IS!
Can I come with you? I'll buy you a corn dog :)

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Can I come with you? I'll buy you a corn dog :)
I JUST MAY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT OFFER ;)
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could be there, possibly. Currently on the waiting list for season tickets!

....the season tickets are years away. But the waiting list thing gives you the ability to buy tickets to pretty much every game at a fairly decent okish price.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I JUST MAY TAKE YOU UP ON THAT OFFER ;)
<3<3<3<3<3<3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I could be there, possibly. Currently on the waiting list for season tickets!

....the season tickets are years away. But the waiting list thing gives you the ability to buy tickets to pretty much every game at a fairly decent okish price.
My uncle has been a season ticket holder forever, he also has some friends that are ST holder who live in a different state that sell their tickets 6 games of the year. I have decent access to tickets, sometimes its tough.
Quote:
Old 06-26-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a beautiful piece of info I just found out. In 2008 the Patriots traded the 7th overall pick and the 164th pick to the New Orleans Saints for the 10th and 78th picks.

With the 7th pick the Saints took DT Sedrick Ellis while the Pats took Jerod Mayo with the 10th. Id say both sides are more than happy with that arrangement.

With the 164th pick the Saints took Carl Nicks who is now one of the top OGs in the NFL. With the 78th pick the Patriots took that all world player OLB Shawn Crable.

Looking back through previous drafts is depressing :(

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Here's a beautiful piece of info I just found out. In 2008 the Patriots traded the 7th overall pick and the 164th pick to the New Orleans Saints for the 10th and 78th picks.

With the 7th pick the Saints took DT Sedrick Ellis while the Pats took Jerod Mayo with the 10th. Id say both sides are more than happy with that arrangement.

With the 164th pick the Saints took Carl Nicks who is now one of the top OGs in the NFL. With the 78th pick the Patriots took that all world player OLB Shawn Crable.

Looking back through previous drafts is depressing :(
Just look at last year's. That is what I do to turn that frown upside down.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The negatives always stick out more than the positives.
So I rarely like looking back at who we wiffed at...
But like ^^^ said... just look at last year's class. All smiles.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Thought it was pretty cool the players voted Brady number one. Havent had alot of discussion around here so I figured I'd just throw that in here.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-09-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Ghost town . . .

Cool that Brady was voted 1. TBH, though, that list had some seriously questionable picks on it. McNabb stands out as the biggest.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, McNabb was but he was 100 though.
I was really surprised Brady was 1. I assumed he'd be two to that other QB.
I obviously think he's #1 but the patriot hate is ridiculous.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

McNabb doesn't belong top 300.

And Brady was clearly #1. You'd have to be the blindest homer to believe otherwise.

I was shocked Vick and (Aaron) Rodgers were so low.